Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-19 18:33
Hi All,
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, we care much about your feedback and are working to locate where the issue persists recently.
For the shaking situation you reported, would you please leave your dji accounts (e-mail address) here? I will forward your accounts to engineers to provide you the beta firmware.

My email is jasonmsmith13@hotmail.com
2017-7-20
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

Could all of the unstable flight issues be from the new way to calibrate the IMU?  Wondering if anyone has not done an IMU calibration, and has zero issues with flight.
2017-7-20
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

fans885f1c00 Posted at 2017-7-20 08:53
Anyone have try to desactivate Vision Positioning System, Precision Landing and Landing Protection ? I can't test it now, but if anyone can test and doing a feedback :-)

I've tried it and it didn't work for me
2017-7-20
Use props
Mmastrof 7
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, we care much about your feedback and are working to locate where the issue persists recently.
For the shaking situation you reported, would you please leave your dji accounts (e-mail address) here? I will forward your accounts to engineers to provide you the beta firmware.

Beta test firmware, m.roguesurvey@gmail.com.  Thank you.
2017-7-20
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

Has anyone been able to access the beta firmware yet? Not seeing it in my list, only the current 02.00.0106.
2017-7-20
Use props
Mmastrof 7
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone received the beta firmware yet?
2017-7-20
Use props
user7ad040d4d0
lvl.2

Philippines

Hello DJI Natalia, can you also provide me the beta firmware? Thanks nongesplana@yahoo.com
2017-7-20
Use props
milnefish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35049 ft

United Kingdom

Hi All,

Hi Natalia
I am experiencing the same issue. Can you Please send details about beta software to milne401@msn.com
2017-7-20
Use props
alexir59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26142 ft
Russia

Hi All,

Hello DJI Natalia, can you also provide me the beta firmware? Thanks.         alkoslen@mail.ru
2017-7-20
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

No beta firmware on my GO 4 app checked checked in advanced (about) settings and holding the 3 bars on the main screen for 10 secs then firmware version pops up. There goes my opportunity to have a last test flight and film on my holiday
2017-7-20
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

13 days unflyable and no option to roll back with my DJI assistant2. DJI folks requested I do all the upgrade, calibration again.
Guess what, same results, then they just defaulted to , well you need to send your P4 in for repair. Doesn't matter that it was flying just fine with the previous version of FW.
2017-7-20
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464633 ft
Germany

If there was an official statement from DJI everything would be ok. As yet it seems they dont really care about it
2017-7-20
Use props
Moxie Aerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006342 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans22a232c7 Posted at 2017-7-8 12:32
Mine too, shakey and it wont go over 90 feet now. Was working fine before upgrade.

The upgrade notified everyone that the ceiling would be capped at 50M (90ft). It's in the notes.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans8b273dba
New
Flight distance : 1480892 ft
United States

Can you send me the beta as well dji Natalia. I am having the same problem. maseu3120@icloud.com
2017-7-20
Use props
Moxie Aerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006342 ft
  • >>>
Canada

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-8 16:06
We've got a lot of people definitively saying that the flight characteristics are unstable. It would be good if we could get some experienced pilots stating that everything seems normal too. Something is causing this. We all have the same bird, same firmware... so we need a baseline to understand where things are going wrong. I'm going to test more tomorrow.

Not sure I'd agree with "unstable" but I think "aggressive" aptly covers it. I fly about 40 hours a week and was holding off on the upgrade. I went through with it today because I had 2 flights planned and wanted an accurate "before and after".

Flight this morning was business as usual, everything checked out, only warning was the notice to upgrade.

Flight this afternoon after upgrades was "aggressive". Quad in hover would rise and sink on its own suggesting throttle is out of sync now. Lateral movement was very sensitive.

I usually fly intentionally close to objects for creative purposes, ie. through trees, low overhangs, - I like to thread the needle for dramatic effect.

Would not attempt any of those kind of shots in this current condition, the response is too unpredictable.

Just watching it idle in a hover suggests to me that the 4 motors are no longer acting as one.
2017-7-20
Use props
Zisojohn
lvl.1

Greece

My email for beta: zisojohn@gmail.com
2017-7-20
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Still not get any firmware update from DJI (through asistant2) ... Write to Natalia and DJI support my email 8h ago.
2017-7-20
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think there is a firmware update yet, or they wouldn't still be asking for logs.
2017-7-20
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Let's see... Hope that they (DJI) really do not lie and provide P4 users with drone "shaking" bug with firmware fix. Anyway all we P4 users have this firmware bug problem and DJI support (Natalia) promise fix this asap with new "beta" firmware. I still hope that my drone will fly like before v02.00.0106... We have not another choice, just believe that Natalia will make some thing better in our expensive hobby live.
2017-7-20
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Icer Posted at 2017-7-20 12:34
Still not get any firmware update from DJI (through asistant2) ... Write to Natalia and DJI support my email 8h ago.

They will push it out to you.  Make sure you are logged in when you look for the update.
2017-7-20
Use props
TOMZILLA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1385 ft
United States

I updated to the latest firmware and having a terrible gimbal wobble.  I would like to try the beta firmware.  ofpd9330@comcast.net
2017-7-20
Use props
fanscf88cc19
lvl.2
United States

I'm getting gimbal tilt and unstable flight, vegasrobbi@aol.com
2017-7-20
Use props
fansf7c87c68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 835016 ft
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 04:02
Thank you very much for the data and video, would you please leave me your dji account (e-mail) so we can provide you the beta?

Hi, Natália.

My P4 has the same shaking unstable issue. Please gimme access to the beta firmware to solve this.
2017-7-20
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

Cmon man!!!!!!!!!!! Do something to help us out, this DJI silence is crap!!
2017-7-20
Use props
phantomfan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I live in hope for an answer soon..I have some of the characteristics described above. Off topic I know but I have a feiyu gimbal for my gopro 5 which I recently did a firmware update on..Added functionality.. Cool but not nessesary. Now its main function is rough and unusable almost like my P4.. Why do they not try these things extensively before they roll them out.. It sure is frustrating...
2017-7-20
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2017-7-20 13:45
They will push it out to you.  Make sure you are logged in when you look for the update.

Is DJI still pushing out a firmware that is causing so many issues? Why not just withdraw it?
2017-7-20
Use props
Taddpole808
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264711 ft
United States

Hi All,

I would like the beta as soon as it is available please. My company has been planning a job in Alaska for over a year and it is this Saturday. All our P4 drones were affected by the new firmware and need downgrade or new firmware ASAP.  Hope this gets resolved soon!

my dji email:
tpolsky90@gmail.com
2017-7-20
Use props
Kolbasatka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567067 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-7-20
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

I noticed the "take off" voice is gone and the "safe to fly" aleart box is also gone...for those where the update works fine, do you still get these alearts?
2017-7-20
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

I also noticed it sets home point again immediately after takeoff.
2017-7-20
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi All,

Please send me the beta, too:

E-mail: robert@wiklund-ekg.com
2017-7-20
Use props
rosen9449
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693832 ft
Bulgaria

Hi All,

Please send me the beta:
rosenpetrov1983@gmail.com
2017-7-20
Use props
fansa2c27898
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154121 ft

South Africa

Please send me the beta FW to wmarxhome@gmail.com. Thank you DJI Natalia.
2017-7-20
Use props
Zisojohn
lvl.1

Greece

I see all of us are waiting dji to send a new firmware or a beta one. Is there any person from dji to inform us if there is a bet firmware, and if so when they will send it to us or when they will finally release (if) the new firmware? We need to know to program all our activities with drones. Please someone INFORM US!!!
2017-7-20
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

Still no sign of beta firmware in Assistant 2, do we have any kind of time frame for this?
2017-7-20
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

Hi Natalia, I have problems with the camera, it cuts in mid-flight and it is reset. My email is jcoslada@gmail.com
2017-7-20
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Slipstrm111 Posted at 2017-7-20 10:42
13 days unflyable and no option to roll back with my DJI assistant2. DJI folks requested I do all the upgrade, calibration again.
Guess what, same results, then they just defaulted to , well you need to send your P4 in for repair. Doesn't matter that it was flying just fine with the previous version of FW.

They said the same to me and it was flying stable before the update.
2017-7-20
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Cyprus

Guys, try to cool down the aircraft (put it below A/C or in a cold place) and then do an IMU calibration. Do that without an SD card. Also, when you upgrade the firmware, make sure you insert all the batteries and you don't see a minus (-) status for each one. If you do, make sure you upgrade the batteries by clicking on the update button. Do ALL sorts of calibration several times. I did that and I can say that my drone flies good. There is still some wiggly movement but only during strong wind. Let me know your results.
2017-7-20
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

F.KOK Posted at 2017-7-20 23:30
They said the same to me and it was flying stable before the update.

Hello Natalia I would also want the Beta firmware. Thanks.  kokfbc@icloud.com.
2017-7-20
Use props
Dmg
New
Flight distance : 437169 ft
Spain

Hi Natalia, a user more disappointed by the last update of p4. Flight aggressive and malfunctioning ipad mini2 that both DJI recommended. Now to continue working I have to buy another tablet? Why?
Please firmware repaired at
murcia@recdron.com

2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules