Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This may be of interest to some.
2017-9-6
Use props
RyanBirdsiVideo
New
Flight distance : 529511 ft
United States

So, still no updated software?  How do I downgrade?  

flyinryan1979@gmail.com
2017-9-6
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Enilson Ameiro
Have you downgraded to 602 or 503 then tried to upgrade without the SD card? I have done this from firmware 503 I still have more testing to complete but it seems to work ok. I am looking for consistency. Also when I did the upgrade everything completed 100% no 99 % complete. I also made sure no one in house was using the internet at the same time.
2017-9-6
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-6 12:17
This may be of interest to some.

Talking Heads
2017-9-6
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Interesting. Many of us spent a fair amount of money on a product from DJI whom is perceived to be the leading drone manufacturer.  They release a "required" update which we believed at the time was a safe and mandatory update to do. Then, after DJI grounds many of our aircraft with this "required" update, most likely a defective firmware (we don't know for sure what the problem is because DJI is not communicating with their customers), then proceeds to delete posts that some of us make to help our fellow enthusiasts downgrade this new firmware to the prior version so that we can once again fly our aircraft. I don't get it. I REALLY don't get it. Let's see if this post is deleted just as my last one was. Not good DJI. Not good at all. You reallly should rethink how you're handling this.
John
2017-9-6
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

I don't get  too, but at least they delete all the "cutting technology"'s posts...
2017-9-6
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Yes they have time to delete posts but not sort the problems out.
2017-9-6
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

beeper Posted at 2017-9-6 22:14
Yes they have time to delete posts but not sort the problems out.

Exactly! If I didn't have my P4 financed and was more wealthy i'd sell this and get another equivalent brand drone. But I'm stuck with it, though it's working fine on the good firmware.... Still, they should fix this crap!
2017-9-7
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all... just a reminder to add your information to this poll.  We are building a good list of numbers of each major problem people are experiencing.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-106963-1-1.html
2017-9-7
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2543038 ft
Belgium

To avoid to repeat the same in this subject, Other thread for FW upgrade, I create a heavy procedure and I have 95% of the issues fixed. So I understand that some steps are not mandatory but for me It works (in my garden). So I need to test this we on my drone field if the weather is good for that.

So I'm grounded since some weeks, I don't want to see the drone to the dji repair office center (the drone is registered with a Belgian aircraft nbr, if they replace the drone, I need to pay the modification => serial number change).

See the thread and follow the procedure, and give a feedback.

I cross my fingers for you !

Gwen
2017-9-7
Use props
BaronVonMolotov
New
Flight distance : 384 ft
United States

uh oh i hope mine doesnt do this.
2017-9-7
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

The crazy thing is that when I tried the 'no SD card' upgrade to the latest firmware I was still getting the false 'if you are not happy with this firmware upgrade you can rollback using Assistant 2' type message!
2017-9-7
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly, it seems like DJI is keeping really quiet about all this right now. I haven't noticed much of a response from their reps about this matter.... have you guys? I mean, other than deleting the threads and stuff, they haven't really had much of a response. My P4 crashed and I have to blame it on this firmware because i didn't change my flying habits after the update, but the drone was really unstable and finally just fell out of the sky. DJI said, hey we'll fix it for $220 and when i paid it, radio silence....
2017-9-7
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

2 months of nothing from DJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-9-7
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those crying about a "class action" lawsuit, the biggest obstacle to such litigation is the EULA agreement you sign when activating the aircraft and opening the DJI flight software after download.  The "End User License Agreement" makes it very difficult to successfully litigate these types of "software/firmware" related claims.  However, some states such as California have very "consumer oriented" laws which can be used in matters such as this.  I'm not sure what will happen, fortunately, I have learned after two separate software related loses to wait a few weeks before updating.  In both of those cases though, DJI did take responsibility and repair or replace my drone.  I understand the frustration of losing time to fly and paying alot of money for a device that no longer functions or has the same flight characteristics as it once did, but for, a required manufacter's update.  If you live in California you may have some civil claim that could help but ultimately, you sign away most claims against DJI when you agree to the terms of the EULA.  Its a very discouraging and irritating situation some of you find yourselves in.  I've been lucky I didn't update my Phantom 4 and am unwilling to risk it.  I updated a Phantom 2 Vision+ in the day after some users were complaining of unusual and dangerous flight characteristics.   I then learned first hand that a few users on a forum making complaints should not be ignored after watchng my Phantom suddenly kamikaze into the ground. To my knowledge, firmware .310 was the first firmware update that DJI publically acknowledged would crash your aircraft and later posted a mandatory "rollback" to the previous .308 firmware.  Rolling back firmware has been done in the past by DJI and should be done in this case it appears as well.  
2017-9-8
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

beeper Posted at 2017-9-6 15:52
Hi Enilson Ameiro
Have you downgraded to 602 or 503 then tried to upgrade without the SD card? I have done this from firmware 503 I still have more testing to complete but it seems to work ok. I am looking for consistency. Also when I did the upgrade everything completed 100% no 99 % complete. I also made sure no one in house was using the internet at the same time.

Hi, Beeper, I downgraded to 0602 without the card. It's flying better ...
2017-9-8
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-9-8 08:50
For those crying about a "class action" lawsuit, the biggest obstacle to such litigation is the EULA agreement you sign when activating the aircraft and opening the DJI flight software after download.  The "End User License Agreement" makes it very difficult to successfully litigate these types of "software/firmware" related claims.  However, some states such as California have very "consumer oriented" laws which can be used in matters such as this.  I'm not sure what will happen, fortunately, I have learned after two separate software related loses to wait a few weeks before updating.  In both of those cases though, DJI did take responsibility and repair or replace my drone.  I understand the frustration of losing time to fly and paying alot of money for a device that no longer functions or has the same flight characteristics as it once did, but for, a required manufacter's update.  If you live in California you may have some civil claim that could help but ultimately, you sign away most claims against DJI when you agree to the terms of the EULA.  Its a very discouraging and irritating situation some of you find yourselves in.  I've been lucky I didn't update my Phantom 4 and am unwilling to risk it.  I updated a Phantom 2 Vision+ in the day after some users were complaining of unusual and dangerous flight characteristics.   I then learned first hand that a few users on a forum making complaints should not be ignored after watchng my Phantom suddenly kamikaze into the ground. To my knowledge, firmware .310 was the first firmware update that DJI publically acknowledged would crash your aircraft and later posted a mandatory "rollback" to the previous .308 firmware.  Rolling back firmware has been done in the past by DJI and should be done in this case it appears as well.

So, dear brothers of misfortune, we can only have faith ... a lot of faith ... !!
2017-9-8
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

Any updates on any of this? After firmware update I am screwed!

Latest Firmware on Drone
Lastest Firmware in Controller
Recalibrated everything, sensors etc..

Wobbles and chirps like a frisbee now, Afraid to put his 1200 dollar P4 in the air. Just out of warranty in July. No wrecks, barely even used, I see some posts about downgrading, but not sure what one to grab, and dont see the old ones, or sure what version to grab. Only change is firmware, the thing still has most of the stickers on it, so bummed. I guess, I will call DJI but dont own this thing yet ;-), really cant swing some repair bill atm.

Both vdeos posted in here are almost identical to my issues, mine may shake a little more. UGH!

Brett
2017-9-8
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-7-10 02:29
My P4 is from an early batch, start of May 2016. Are there recently bought aircraft that have this problem? My P4 had the altitude drop problem after forward flying that was fixed with firmware but has been perfect until this update. If DJI think they can abandon users of a discontinued product they can think again.

Same version May 2016, firmware update has introduced the wobble etc... Any luck on resolving yours?
2017-9-8
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-9-8 14:01
Any updates on any of this? After firmware update I am screwed!

Latest Firmware on Drone

BTW the darn thing constantly tells me my P4 tells is in a strong wind. Not even a breeze tonight. I am starting to wish a strong wind would happen so it could be right once. How do I down grade a few versions, Iam missing lots of sunsets and fun here.
2017-9-8
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-9-8 13:02

Hi Enilson Arneiro
So you are back on 602 firmware? And your drone is flying  as before when you were on 602 firmware or are you still having some problems? Like I said in a previous post I upgraded to the latest firmware from 503 and removed the sad card during the process. Firstly I formatted the SD from the app I then turned everything off and booted up the RC only and started to upgraded the RC controller from a iPad with the aircraft off . Once this was completed I turned the RC controller off I then connected the aircraft to my PC running assistant 2 with the SD card removed . I then clicked on the update and updated the drone it update without any problems. I also made sure nobody else was using the internet at the same time.  Did you upgrade to the latest firmware from 602 to 106 without the SD card as I have described above?
Sorry for all the questions. Then other thing what about trying the upgrade with out SD card from 503 and seeing if that works? I am still testing the new frimwre after the upgrade to 106 so far I have had no problems with flight stability. I am yet to test all the Video modes. I just want to help if I can DJI aren't helping enough and they are not interacting to sort out the problems. Their so called Engineers should be picking individuals from the forum and face timing them to try and walk through the problems. Once they help one it might snowball and help everyone. It could help them to locate the problem quicker. They seem to have their heads stuck up their own ----- and that helps no one.
2017-9-8
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-9-8 13:02

Can you email me a link on how to do this, I miss my stable bird ;-)
Feel free to PM me, or email brett.silverthorn@gmail.com
2017-9-8
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Well this firmware updated made me blow the dust of the P2, was so nice to just fly today and have tons of erroneous problems and warnings.  All hail the P2 and the GoPro.

Anyone can PM me or email me brett.silverthorn@gmail.com on how to downgrade I would love it. Searching the internet like crazy ATM. MY Assistant no longer has the option.

Thinking of starting my own forum on website for this P4, just a simple post and read, no delete ;-)
2017-9-8
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi All
Is their any one here that lives in Perth Western Australia that has updated to the latest firmware 106 and having problems or has upgraded then downgraded because of the problems. If so please reply to this.
2017-9-8
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-8 13:37
My only glitch today in about one hour of flight time was a Gimbal that flipped over to one side (corner of landing gear seen) followed by a 3 second loss of video feed. That was my only negative point in all three flights (3 batteries).

Aardvark, when you say you upgraded your batteries, does DJI assistant tell you that the battery needs upgrading?  Do you do it with the RC on?  Aircraft on?  
2017-9-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ercoupedriver Posted at 2017-9-9 04:02
Aardvark, when you say you upgraded your batteries, does DJI assistant tell you that the battery needs upgrading?  Do you do it with the RC on?  Aircraft on?

I checked and updated the batteries by connecting aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 on my PC. Connect and run as you would for a firmware update. If battery already up to date then Assistant 2 will show 'Refresh' as the current build status. If Assistant 2 says 'Upgrade' then the battery needs to be done (I'm assuming that the aircraft has already been upgraded).
So in brief, power up aircraft and connect to Assistant 2, then repeat after changing to next battery. And upgrade as indicated.
2017-9-9
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-9-8 14:44
Feel free to PM me, or email

Hi, I'm going to upload the firmware and  and send you the link in your email ... follow these instructions from Mr Beeper below ...
"Hi Enilson Arneiro
So you are back on 602 firmware? And your drone is flying  as before when you were on 602 firmware or are you still having some problems? Like I said in a previous post I upgraded to the latest firmware from 503 and removed the sad card during the process. Firstly I formatted the SD from the app I then turned everything off and booted up the RC only and started to upgraded the RC controller from a iPad with the aircraft off . Once this was completed I turned the RC controller off I then connected the aircraft to my PC running assistant 2 with the SD card removed . I then clicked on the update and updated the drone it update without any problems. I also made sure nobody else was using the internet at the same time.  Did you upgrade to the latest firmware from 602 to 106 without the SD card as I have described above?
Sorry for all the questions. Then other thing what about trying the upgrade with out SD card from 503 and seeing if that works? I am still testing the new frimwre after the upgrade to 106 so far I have had no problems with flight stability. I am yet to test all the Video modes. I just want to help if I can DJI aren't helping enough and they are not interacting to sort out the problems. Their so called Engineers should be picking individuals from the forum and face timing them to try and walk through the problems. Once they help one it might snowball and help everyone. It could help them to locate the problem quicker. They seem to have their heads stuck up their own ----- and that helps no one."
2017-9-9
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-9-8 14:44
Feel free to PM me, or email

Hi, I'm going to upload the firmware and  and send you the link in your email ... follow these instructions from Mr Beeper ...
2017-9-9
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-9 04:33
I checked and updated the batteries by connecting aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 on my PC. Connect and run as you would for a firmware update. If battery already up to date then Assistant 2 will show 'Refresh' as the current build status. If Assistant 2 says 'Upgrade' then the battery needs to be done (I'm assuming that the aircraft has already been upgraded).
So in brief, power up aircraft and connect to Assistant 2, then repeat after changing to next battery. And upgrade as indicated.

Thanks Aardvark
2017-9-9
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-9-9 04:41
Hi, I'm going to upload the firmware and  and send you the link in your email ... follow these instructions from Mr Beeper ...

Thank you, anxious to get it going again
2017-9-9
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-9-9 04:40
Hi, I'm going to upload the firmware and  and send you the link in your email ... follow these instructions from Mr Beeper below ...
"Hi Enilson Arneiro

Holy cow, I got my Drone back. Way more responsive and smooth.

The firmware definiately introduced a lot of issues.

After going back to 602 here is what Is fixed.

1. No more wind warning
2. No more IMU calibrate warnings
3. no compass errors
4. no more fake errors about vision sensors
5. No more bucking and erratic flying
6. coming straight down is smooth like my P2, no more erratic wobble etc.

I forgot what a joy it was to fly thing.

What I do have:

1. The  stupid warning of 30/50 meters. (I will live with that just to know my drone doesn't need to go repair.)
2. My P4 flys smooth and like a bat out of hell in sport mode, with no erratic issues and no 4k video issues either ;-).

If I could just get past the 30 meter limit, that is pretty tight. It's like having a toy drone, instead of a nice one with that limit. Didn't sleep a wink thinking my drone was screwed. IT's BACK! thank you Enilson!

It wasn't the drone but the firmware. Glad I did not send it in. I am back to having what I expect from DJI, a great flying experience minus the limit on height and distance.

The latest firmware has so many issues, it should really be pulled off the website.
2017-9-9
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Why have my posts about launching a class action been deleted by DJI?

Screw this. I'm contacting lawyers and I'll post in other forums to add litigants to the class action. DJI's disgraceful silence on this abysmal failware and their attempts to suppress people calling them out on their abhorrent business practices has pushed me over the line.
2017-9-9
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

602 and no sensors. Meaning forward or under work. Won't calibrate etc... Went back to release version and they work.  Erratic flying is back etc.... So the drone is pretty unusable I am afraid to fly it atm around my house or kids at all.

602 it flew awesome, just no sensors... Nice and smooth and wind false error or erraticness.
2017-9-9
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-9-9 13:26
602 and no sensors. Meaning forward or under work. Won't calibrate etc... Went back to release version and they work.  Erratic flying is back etc.... So the drone is pretty unusable I am afraid to fly it atm around my house or kids at all.

602 it flew awesome, just no sensors... Nice and smooth and wind false error or erraticness.

Disregard #1431, I had to flash 3 times instead of 2. I know have my sensors back and flew almost 20 minutes fine. They will now calibrate etc...
2017-9-9
Use props
MartyMcFly
New
Flight distance : 132188 ft
Germany

I can't believe that nothing happenend until now. The autumn starts and I've missed so much flight hours due to the lack of DJI responsibility.

I will never ever buy a DJI drone again... never... by far the worst customer experience i've ever had seriously!

DJI this is a mess and big disappointment.
2017-9-9
Use props
Mephistopheles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2441089 ft
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-8 17:52
Guys, as tempting (and as easy) as it is to bash DJI, I'd recommend we stick close to the facts about this issue as possible. We need to demonstrate that this is a clear and present problem that needs to be resolved quickly and the best way to do that is to document the issue as extensively and concisely as possible.

Yeah, cuz we haven't done that.  Right?
2017-9-9
Use props
Mephistopheles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2441089 ft
United States

So I just got done with a glorious flight on my rolled back P4, and totally wanting a P4P.  Won't do it until this is resolved.  DJI, why u wanna b like that?

If you have a grounded P4 and haven't rolled back, why are you still reading this?  Roll back and get in the air!!!
2017-9-9
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

So downgrading worked. (as far as stability and the IMU errors etc)
Only one issue:

It doesn't seem to make any difference if I log into the DJI Go app or not, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I get the message on 30/50 distance limit. I use my IPhone 7 as the screen.

I could try my Nexus 7 with an oder app? Any ideas on why I am limited? I thought from my memory (which isn't the greatest), that 602 was where as long as you log into the app this limit goes away.
I don't recall this at all prior to the current version.

Any insight into how to get this work let me know, I have logged in, logged out, reinstalled etc...

I sure can't recommend the latest firmware version, each upgrade to that (3 times) leave this drone erratic and unsafe. It is so nice to have a nice smooth flight back and no wind errors etc..

2017-9-9
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-9-9 16:46
So downgrading worked. (as far as stability and the IMU errors etc)
Only one issue:

I get the 30/50 warning but it's not really limited to that.
2017-9-9
Use props
john_mills_nz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 837943 ft
New Zealand

My Phantom 4 was working beautifully until updating to the new firmware. Likes others, it now has terrible video transmission and appears green or glitchy. I also have the bucking issue and the motor noise doesn't sound healthy. I noticed a distinct change in its behaviour after updating the firmware and I no longer feel condfident flying it.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules