Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-9-9 20:28
I get the 30/50 warning but it's not really limited to that.

Unfortinately its a hard stop for me 30m out.
I can live with the 50m up till a firmware fix is out, but seems like it would been wiser to limit height and not distance from pilot as much. Isnt most of the worry height anyway.
2017-9-10
Use props
Playtime4Ever
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181017 ft
Netherlands

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-9-9 13:26
602 and no sensors. Meaning forward or under work. Won't calibrate etc... Went back to release version and they work.  Erratic flying is back etc.... So the drone is pretty unusable I am afraid to fly it atm around my house or kids at all.

602 it flew awesome, just no sensors... Nice and smooth and wind false error or erraticness.

Go back to 503 and older Go App, then its as it should be
2017-9-10
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Playtime4Ever Posted at 2017-9-10 06:48

Did 5.03 address the issue of dropping a foot or so when stopping..

Ill search for an older IOS version. You use to be able to download oder builds of apps from the store, but not any longer.

Does Litchi address this, if so I will buy it? I don't  need all the GoApp really.
2017-9-10
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Playtime4Ever Posted at 2017-9-10 06:48

Ill search for an older IOS version. You use to be able to download oder builds of apps from the store, but not any longer.

Does Litchi address this, if so I will buy it? I don't  need all the GoApp really.
2017-9-10
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-9-9 08:22
Holy cow, I got my Drone back. Way more responsive and smooth.

The firmware definiately introduced a lot of issues.

I'm happy to be able to help ... but I can not be unfair to Mr. Beeper ... because I followed his instructions ... and passed them on to you ... if anyone deserves all the credits, it's Beeper ... he's the guy!
2017-9-10
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-9-10 11:16
I'm happy to be able to help ... but I can not be unfair to Mr. Beeper ... because I followed his instructions ... and passed them on to you ... if anyone deserves all the credits, it's Beeper ... he's the guy!

Got my Nexus 7 out and loaded an older .apk file for DJIGo. That has got me going temporally, no 30/50 limitations. I really want my Iphone 7 back as it is always with me, hopefully we get a firmware fix soon, have to say though man does it fly like a new a drone on 6.02. Some is really bad with the latest.

2017-9-10
Use props
Kenzzzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161181 ft

Canada

My Phantom 4 has been flawless until the latest update. Now I get GPS issues, it flies for 30 seconds and then goes straight to ATTI mode. I get wind warnings when it calm out. I get CPU warnings on my iPad 3.
2017-9-10
Use props
Playtime4Ever
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181017 ft
Netherlands

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-9-10 07:25

First tried 602 but this was also not good, then did the 503 and the bird is flying as it should.
Haven't got Litchi, i'm already happy with the defaults for now
2017-9-11
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-9-10 07:25

Yes .503 adressed the altitue drop issue. I'm, flying on v1.2.503 and the AC flies as it should.
Never bothered about 1.2.602 since it was just a battery storage update.

The altitude drop issue is also mentioned in the release notes for .503:

"Reduced the occurrence of sudden altitude drop and mitigated the drop range during flight."

2017-9-11
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-9-10 11:16

Hi Enilson Arneiro
No credit should be given to me this information is on the forums and open for everyone. I just want everyone flying again and enjoying the hobby. I like to help out where ever I can.
2017-9-11
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

george_007 Posted at 2017-9-11 03:45
Yes .503 adressed the altitue drop issue. I'm, flying on v1.2.503 and the AC flies as it should.
Never bothered about 1.2.602 since it was just a battery storage update.

Thank you, every thing seems ok on .602 so I will leave it alone, bought a cheap android device so I could side load the .apk and get back in the air past the limits. So nice to have my drone airborne again what appears to be stable and safer.
2017-9-11
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

beeper Posted at 2017-9-11 03:54
Hi Enilson Arneiro
No credit should be given to me this information is on the forums and open for everyone. I just want everyone flying again and enjoying the hobby. I like to help out where ever I can.

I understand ... but the thanks is due to the fact that you have tested the whole procedure and posted the results, guiding us ...
2017-9-11
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-9-11 06:36
I understand ... but the thanks is due to the fact that you have tested the whole procedure and posted the results, guiding us ...

150% what he said! I have my drone and hobby back. Thank you both...
2017-9-11
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all,

Workaround for iPad Mini2  video transmission problems (AND iPad Mini2 overheating).

I made a standalone thread with the information below just in case no-one else has discovered this and so this info doesn't get buried in such a massive thread.  I don't know if someone already commented on this workaround since I don't have enough time in the year to read every post in this thread.

I flew today and found a workaround that completely stopped the video transmission problems and overheating of the iPad Mini 2 with DJIGO4.

The simple workaround has made it possible for me to once again fly my P4P and P4.  

So here goes the workaround....

1) Turn off video caching (in DJIGO4) on your iPad.  That's it.
In other words, don't try to have the iPad record the video stream it is receiving.  Just let the onboard video card record.  I pretty much NEVER used the cached video anyway, so this is only a small inconvenience.  But it is a HUGE convenience to be able to fly again.

The result, not ONE single green or black bar during nearly two hours of flying... NOT... ONE... LITERALLY, Not ONE.  Not one single issue of Video Transmission errors.  And the iPad Mini 2 barely even got warm after draining five P4 and P4P batteries.

After that result, I decided to do a test and turned on Video Caching for my final flight.  BLAM, black bars, green bars, and within a few minutes of flying the iPad Mini 2 once again overheated.  So I landed, gave the iPad a few minutes to cool down, turned off video caching, flew again and NO PROBLEMS.

Hopefully this is "New News" and hopefully this helps those of you who have these problems.
2017-9-11
Use props
evolutionstudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169770 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I can confirm that after the update, I too have experienced the same problems as being detailed in this thread. Gimbal shaking, and then going limp and falling to one side, and dropping out it's video feed, random distance restrictions kicking in and stopping me flying more than 30 metres high and 40 metres in front or behind me, as well as changing rotor speeds in flight that made my client actually say..."Wow...those motors sound a bit sick..." and receiving warnings of high wind when I am flying in calm conditions. I have had to go back to my Phantom 3 and use that because my Phantom 4 is unusable because of this firmware upgrade.....or should I call it a firmware screwup-grade!!!
2017-9-13
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Kenzzzz Posted at 2017-9-10 16:41
My Phantom 4 has been flawless until the latest update. Now I get GPS issues, it flies for 30 seconds and then goes straight to ATTI mode. I get wind warnings when it calm out. I get CPU warnings on my iPad 3.

Welcome to the club and good luck.
2017-9-15
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-9-6 21:29
Interesting. Many of us spent a fair amount of money on a product from DJI whom is perceived to be the leading drone manufacturer.  They release a "required" update which we believed at the time was a safe and mandatory update to do. Then, after DJI grounds many of our aircraft with this "required" update, most likely a defective firmware (we don't know for sure what the problem is because DJI is not communicating with their customers), then proceeds to delete posts that some of us make to help our fellow enthusiasts downgrade this new firmware to the prior version so that we can once again fly our aircraft. I don't get it. I REALLY don't get it. Let's see if this post is deleted just as my last one was. Not good DJI. Not good at all. You reallly should rethink how you're handling this.
John

They can delete all the posts they want.  But I will tell you this.  Once you wreck your credibility and your reputation you have effectively deleted your client base.  I have never in my life encountered a company that treats its customers with such reckless abandon.  You simply can not treat customers this way and expect them to remain loyal to your brand.

Jim Watkins
(Burbank, CA)
2017-9-15
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477851 ft
Spain

My last DJI purchase though. I had to downgrade my P4 FW and now also my DJI GO app (4.1.9 starts to cause "bugs" with older firmware) SHAME ON YOU DJI. Never gonna a get a DJI product again in my life and I'll tell everybody about their "costumer care service"...
2017-9-16
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 696788 ft
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-8 17:52
Guys, as tempting (and as easy) as it is to bash DJI, I'd recommend we stick close to the facts about this issue as possible. We need to demonstrate that this is a clear and present problem that needs to be resolved quickly and the best way to do that is to document the issue as extensively and concisely as possible.

Really, 1,000s of dollars invested and we should smile while being fed inferior firmware?  I use to fly mine for fun but I really feel bad for the ones trying to make a living with a machine that is unstable and maybe even dangerous in this condition.
2017-9-16
Use props
Abdul Baset
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1649416 ft
Sri Lanka

Thank you... The gimbal noise has gone after updating of the firmware... Also its very steady and smooth now...

I have followed below steps.

1. Updated the fireware
2. DJI assistant 2 app calibration
3. IMU calibration
4. Gimbal calibration

Result... Wow...

Unfortunately when i live stream with FB, the audio sucks. Some strange audio noise is annoying when we silent. Because i use plus remote controller which is coming with build in screen and mic. I did not try with my mobile...
2017-9-16
Use props
Icarus001
New
Flight distance : 89318 ft

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-8 16:09
What happens if you use Litchi or Autopilot?  Does it still fly with the shakes with those apps?

Wonder if the new IMU calibration of using all six sides has something to do with it?

I am having same issue and still happens with Lichi
2017-9-18
Use props
Icarus001
New

United States

evolutionstudio Posted at 2017-9-13 09:35
I can confirm that after the update, I too have experienced the same problems as being detailed in this thread. Gimbal shaking, and then going limp and falling to one side, and dropping out it's video feed, random distance restrictions kicking in and stopping me flying more than 30 metres high and 40 metres in front or behind me, as well as changing rotor speeds in flight that made my client actually say..."Wow...those motors sound a bit sick..." and receiving warnings of high wind when I am flying in calm conditions. I have had to go back to my Phantom 3 and use that because my Phantom 4 is unusable because of this firmware upgrade.....or should I call it a firmware screwup-grade!!!

These are exactly my experiences. Have you corrected this issue?  I need help getting stability back.
2017-9-18
Use props
Icarus001
New

United States

Has anyone had any success with rolling back then re-updating to the current? I have rolled back to 602 but now I have no sensors.  It flies great but hovering is terrible and landing is sketchy at best.  Anyone have this issue or have fixed this issue.  I did a calibration of sensors through assistant 2 but no help.
2017-9-20
Use props
VFARYAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461611 ft
United Kingdom

Icarus001 Posted at 2017-9-20 06:05
Has anyone had any success with rolling back then re-updating to the current? I have rolled back to 602 but now I have no sensors.  It flies great but hovering is terrible and landing is sketchy at best.  Anyone have this issue or have fixed this issue.  I did a calibration of sensors through assistant 2 but no help.

Try reloading 602. If it fails go down to 503 and then 602 again.
2017-9-20
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Icarus001 Posted at 2017-9-20 06:05

Did you flash it twice? You have to flash it twice with 602. Actually did it 3 times to mine.
2017-9-21
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

I can safely say that I have no problems with last update .... I downgraded to version 01.02.0602, aircraft and radio ... I flew a few days and upgraded ... with the necessary calibrations ... IMU , Compass, etc ... and I updated the firmware with each battery that I have (the 3) ... in the link below images of test flights ...
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Avr_uJeHqRgeh7hh55uCzeUa4FQP-A
2017-9-21
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-9-21 12:30
I can safely say that I have no problems with last update .... I downgraded to version 01.02.0602, aircraft and radio ... I flew a few days and upgraded ... with the necessary calibrations ... IMU , Compass, etc ... and I updated the firmware with each battery that I have (the 3) ... in the link below images of test flights ...

How old is your P4 ? was reading a post recently from a reader that earlier 2016 models have trouble with the latest firmware or is it just random?
2017-9-21
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

PowerBand1 Posted at 2017-9-21 13:38
How old is your P4 ? was reading a post recently from a reader that earlier 2016 models have trouble with the latest firmware or is it just random?

waiting his answer too...
2017-9-21
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Add another 2 to the P4 Firmware bug , both me and my friend own the first batch of P4's from release date , they both have the same issues with latest firmware and flew great before updating.

1 . Camera drops to the side showing landing leg
2   Video recording stops
3   Remote video feed disconnects
4  Remote video feed reconnects
5  start recording then jump back to number 1 on this list.

all failed recordings when the camera drops and stops are dated 31/12/2013  23.00 hours
this happens 5 or 6 times per battery ,   my friend has told me dropping recording from 4K down to 2.7 or 1080P fixes all the problems but I have not tested on mine yet , this needs a solution I want 4K recordings and a reliable P4 back ,  
This is 100% a firmware issue with older P4's ,   my P4P+  Inspire 1 , Inspire 2 , P3P , Spark and Mavic are all fine.
I have sent a PM to one of DJI reps here a week ago requesting Beta Firmware to be made available through assistant to my account , but no reply to date :-(
2017-9-21
Use props
fanscf5de830
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023320 ft
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-9-15 10:58
They can delete all the posts they want.  But I will tell you this.  Once you wreck your credibility and your reputation you have effectively deleted your client base.  I have never in my life encountered a company that treats its customers with such reckless abandon.  You simply can not treat customers this way and expect them to remain loyal to your brand.

Jim Watkins

Hi Jim just got a question for you when did you buy your p4. The reason I ask is that I bought my in April of 2016 probably the first bach that was manufactured. I believe the problem with Ver.106 is with the early production of P4.It may be that DJI made some changes to their later models,and that’s the reason some P4 are working ok after 106 update and early model are not.
2017-9-21
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Uptowndisco Posted at 2017-9-21 19:31
Add another 2 to the P4 Firmware bug , both me and my friend own the first batch of P4's from release date , they both have the same issues with latest firmware and flew great before updating.

1 . Camera drops to the side showing landing leg

"This is 100% a firmware issue with older P4's ,   my P4P+ ... "

My P4P minus (+) was not alright at all, having all symptoms except the Gimbal + stopping record issues. Now back on GL300E_RC_v1130_20170307 + V01.03.0509 everything seem  to be ok again even i think those are a little older than was on it when i bought it in June before the V01.04.0602 for +.
2017-9-22
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

Mine is 2016 ... and I had accused several stability problems ... but solved with the last actions ...
2017-9-22
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

Mine is 2016 ... and I had accused several stability problems ... but solved with the last actions ...
2017-9-22
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-9-21 12:30

Hello Enilson I saw in the video that you only hover and flying slow, is the Drone stable when you are flying fast. Can you confirm that please. Thanks.
2017-9-22
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

F.KOK Posted at 2017-9-22 08:40
Hello Enilson I saw in the video that you only hover and flying slow, is the Drone stable when you are flying fast. Can you confirm that please. Thanks.

Yes .... it is stable flying fast ...
2017-9-22
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
United States

fanscf5de830 Posted at 2017-9-21 21:13
Hi Jim just got a question for you when did you buy your p4. The reason I ask is that I bought my in April of 2016 probably the first bach that was manufactured. I believe the problem with Ver.106 is with the early production of P4.It may be that DJI made some changes to their later models,and that’s the reason some P4 are working ok after 106 update and early model are not.

I bought my P4 sometime in early to mid March 2016.
2017-9-22
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-9-22 16:26
I bought my P4 sometime in early to mid March 2016.

July 2016 here, was really hoping it carry support via firmware at least for a bit like my P2 did. Was kind of bummed it was EOL, before the 1 year mark for me...
2017-9-22
Use props
VFARYAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461611 ft
United Kingdom

Test 300 today for 2nd time, very unstable, running lates RC, 4.1.4 APP. As video shows, far from finished.
2017-9-23
Use props
fans0fce35f1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11965 ft
France

Hello,
I have done a firmware upgrade of the drone and radio control with the new version of the DJI assisstant. There remains a slight drift (I recalibrated the IMU) and a rather flexible flight. By making an exclusively vertical flight with an altitude of 50 meters, it deposits to 30 centimeters of its point of takeoff.
The video return is it with small parasites. Not as good as with the old firmware.
2017-9-25
Use props
pwr406
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344600 ft
United States

Over the weekend I updated using the newest DJI Assistant 2. Did a VPS calibration before leaving home but didn't do compass or IMU calibration. Made sure I had the memory card removed and flashed each battery about 3 times with the update. Seems like I have a working bird again! Hovering was almost perfectly stable. Seemed like I had the smallest of wobble to it but not enough to effect the camera and not nearly as bad as the last time I tried to fly. I'm thinking the wobble I was experiencing may have been due to older props but not positive....I did notice that if I was flying forward and then laid off the sticks it would have a pretty aggressive braking action but overall it seems like it is working correctly. Going to do some actual filming missions this week to see if it continues to fly as expected.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules