Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans18043921
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426040 ft
Spain

The signal problem i think that come dji go app. I lose signal hd and rc
2017-12-3
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I thought I had got away without any problems with the latest firmware but on my last flight as I was bring8ng the drone in to land my drone went crazy, although it was staying in the same place it was bucking and wobbling like it was possessed . I had noted some wobble in previous footage at times but I had put this down the wind direction..
2017-12-3
Use props
DR-Adam
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 22:53
Copy that. The beta should be available in one working day later and we will appreciate your feedback.

I am interested in testing the latest beta and giving feedback. These issues have nearly killed our business during what is normally a very busy season.

Can you send me the link to the latest Beta?

What's the ETA for a final release? I need to communicate with my customers.
2017-12-4
Use props
V5L
lvl.1
Estonia

Don't get excited for the beta. For me it changed nothing. Still there is IMU and signal issues, hoovering around, etc. Merry Xmas to you DJI and ... (You can end the sentence)
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans18043921 Posted at 2017-12-3 09:15
The signal problem i think that come dji go app. I lose signal hd and rc

Hey Sir, could you start a new thread and be more specific of your main issue? We'll be here for help.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-3 12:00
I thought I had got away without any problems with the latest firmware but on my last flight as I was bring8ng the drone in to land my drone went crazy, although it was staying in the same place it was bucking and wobbling like it was possessed . I had noted some wobble in previous footage at times but I had put this down the wind direction..

Hello Alan, is there any error message in DJI GO? Could you upload some videos for better assistance?
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DR-Adam Posted at 2017-12-4 07:57
I am interested in testing the latest beta and giving feedback. These issues have nearly killed our business during what is normally a very busy season.

Can you send me the link to the latest Beta?

Hey Adam, thanks for your interest. Please kindly offer your DJI Account, I'll help you get the beta firmware and try again. Any feedback will be appreciated.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

V5L Posted at 2017-12-4 14:43
Don't get excited for the beta. For me it changed nothing. Still there is IMU and signal issues, hoovering around, etc. Merry Xmas to you DJI and ... (You can end the sentence)

Sir, the latest beta is mainly fix the camera issue and wobble flight. Does your drone have the similar experience? If yes and the beta does not work, please kindly offer the issue video and export the flight data for further analysis, thank you so much!

2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

V5L Posted at 2017-12-4 14:43

Hi sir, except for DJI Susan's reply, just to clarify, the beta is not for fixing the IMU and signal issue. Please try to calibrate the IMU if there is an IMU error, keep it placed on a water level surface when doing it. For the signal issue, please check if there is a need to update the RC's firmware, adjust the antennas of the RC, and try to fly in different places with no interference. Thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

@DJI

This beta have been available for long time now, but so far no news about an official release. For me, a half season of work is lost with the P4 due to the issues with the firmware (it took a long time until we even got a beta version to test). Now it's full winter here so it's difficult to fly at all.

What is the status of an OFFICIAL, NON-Beta, release? It really is not acceptable that half- or full seasons of work is lost due to severe bugs! Some fly only for fun, others have companies that relies on working drones.
2017-12-7
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-4 19:32
Hello Alan, is there any error message in DJI GO? Could you upload some videos for better assistance?

No error and I wasn’t recording video at the time I noticed it, I was so shocked to see it jumping around I didn’t think to record it with my phone, I just wanted to get it out of the air.
I’ve upgraded to the beta but not had a chance to fly it yet.
2017-12-7
Use props
fans421ca02a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178773 ft
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-7 05:15
No error and I wasn’t recording video at the time I noticed it, I was so shocked to see it jumping around I didn’t think to record it with my phone, I just wanted to get it out of the air.

I have been waiting since July for a fix to the FW so that I could fly again.  It looks like a FW fix is never going to be released so I would like to try the latest Beta FW and see if it will let my Phantom 4 fly again.  
My DJI account email is ronstitt2015@gmail.com   Thank you
2017-12-7
Use props
fans0fce35f1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11965 ft
France

Hello DJI, I have to fly now, so i want the beta . My DJI accoount email is pierre.mortimore@gmail.com.
Thank you
2017-12-7
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Longest. Thread. Ever.

I can't believe this all started nearly a year ago with the beta testers not being able to roll back. Ten months later and we haven't made any substantial progress on getting a stable release. In that time, we've watched the launch of the Spark, the P4A, the P4P Obsidian, the Mavic Platinum and a bunch of colour variations. We've seen presidents destabilise regions., dictatorships topple.. our Prince managed to not only meet and date a hollywood actress, but propose to her and apply for her British citizenship in the same time frame; hell even Brexit negotiations are moving faster than this firmware resolution.

We've posted nearly 2000 comments on this thread alone. And still we wait. In a world where UAV technology is moving a breakneck speed, 10 months is too long for anyone to wait. I'd have a P4P right now if I could only sell my P4 without the disclaimer: "May kill you or someone you love due to erratic flight behaviour" at the bottom of the eBay ad.

I can't even post on or enjoy this forum anymore due to sheer frustration with the situation. I'd love to be out there helping fellow pilots, but I'm not flying anymore. We're all just parrots, repeating the same devastating information. "Yeah, you're bird is knackered and you can't do much about it until DJI deigns to pull its finger out its a**." I don't have the energy.
No blame can be assigned to any one person. This is the fault of the corporate entity known as Dà-Jiāng Innovations Science and Technology Co., Ltd. This company needs to take one big holistic look at itself in a mirror and sort its sh*t out.

I'm out [drops mic]

2017-12-8
Use props
Roy.
First Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-7 02:10
Roy, please kindly offer your DJI Account, I'd like to help you get the latest beta and try again.

Over a month later and I have received... nothing.
2017-12-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-12-8 01:45
Longest. Thread. Ever.

I can't believe this all started nearly a year ago with the beta testers not being able to roll back. Ten months later and we haven't made any substantial progress on getting a stable release. In that time, we've watched the launch of the Spark, the P4A, the P4P Obsidian, the Mavic Platinum and a bunch of colour variations. We've seen presidents destabilise regions., dictatorships topple.. our Prince managed to not only meet and date a hollywood actress, but propose to her and apply for her British citizenship in the same time frame; hell even Brexit negotiations are moving faster than this firmware resolution.

You seem to have missed that the thread is even longer, a lot of post has been cleaned out, sometimes there is a page or two less again than it had.

Nice post btw.
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-7 05:15

Thanks for keeping us posted. Please let us know how the drone react. If you find any issue, please try to record it for further assistance, appreciate your time.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Roy. Posted at 2017-12-8 03:49
Over a month later and I have received... nothing.

Hello Roy, is the correct email address I PMed you? If yes, please try to login your Account in DJI Assistant 2 and check again.
2017-12-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

yesterday I was flying my Phantom 3 SE .. i lost signal at 400 meters and the warnings were constant ...    height ... I could not reach more than 50/60 meters  , Inmediatly  return to home advice.
2017-12-10
Use props
fans39f46f71
New
United States

Hello, new to the forum, my phantom 4 is doing as other described, unstable can't fly more than 30 or so meters, and the motors stutter when flying. Would it be possible to get access to the Beta to see if that helps? email is hesssterling@gmail.com.

Thank you,
Sterling
2017-12-10
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149925 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So the beta is solving the wobling flight?
Plaese add me to the beta test
Wippo76@gmail.com
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-10 04:03
yesterday I was flying my Phantom 3 SE .. i lost signal at 400 meters and the warnings were constant ...    height ... I could not reach more than 50/60 meters  , Inmediatly  return to home advice.

Hey there, please start a new thread under P3 series section and be more specific of your main issue and troubleshooting, we'll check the exact status.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans39f46f71 Posted at 2017-12-10 09:02
Hello, new to the forum, my phantom 4 is doing as other described, unstable can't fly more than 30 or so meters, and the motors stutter when flying. Would it be possible to get access to the Beta to see if that helps? email is .

Thank you,

Sterling, thanks for your attention. We've forwarded to the designated team to add you in, please check one business day later. Appreciate your feedback.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

willempost Posted at 2017-12-11 14:26
So the beta is solving the wobling flight?
Plaese add me to the beta test
Wippo76@gmail.com

Copy that. The beta is trying to fix the wobble issue. Any feedback will be appreciated.
2017-12-12
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-12 00:20
Copy that. The beta is trying to fix the wobble issue. Any feedback will be appreciated.

The Beta .600 is a good improvement from the official version of July 2017 but still did not fix the unstable issue totally for some Drones. It is now 159 days. That is a long time to fly your Drone not fully functional.  
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-12-8 01:45
Longest. Thread. Ever.

I can't believe this all started nearly a year ago with the beta testers not being able to roll back. Ten months later and we haven't made any substantial progress on getting a stable release. In that time, we've watched the launch of the Spark, the P4A, the P4P Obsidian, the Mavic Platinum and a bunch of colour variations. We've seen presidents destabilise regions., dictatorships topple.. our Prince managed to not only meet and date a hollywood actress, but propose to her and apply for her British citizenship in the same time frame; hell even Brexit negotiations are moving faster than this firmware resolution.

Hey SED - I was starting to think your P4 had done you in ("Tora Tora Tora " - Death from above!)

Yeah, an interesting year in retrospect. The UK has Brexit, the US has Trump, and Australia has the politician dual-citizenship debacle. On top of it all, I'm actually wishing I still had the beta tested on my P4 back in January. Seriously, I had access to the new modes and everything was otherwise stable with that firmware, but I was immediately lured to the prod version in July with the promise of something better. Hmm...

Anyway, the current Beta is a step to fixing that catastrophic release in July. But I found that like with Dumbledore, you needed to flash the P4 twice to get it applied properly. With a sprinkle of "Factory default" thrown in at the middle. So don't give up hope - give that a go before you make yourself watch every episode of Mr Bean again (closest thing to Euthanasia I can think of - hehe).
2017-12-12
Use props
fans01bd2fae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112907 ft
United States

DJi  you scum of the earth
2017-12-13
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

hello susan
I uploaded the beta
wil test fly tommorow
but I can not do the sensor calibration
the program keeps telling me to reboot the aircraft
wil test fly with skipping the front sensor calibration
wil let you know if the wobble is better now
otherwise I will flash back to the V1 firmware range with help from a 3rd party software which gives me a perfect flying craft
2017-12-14
Use props
TylersReelFish
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-12 00:20
Sterling, thanks for your attention. We've forwarded to the designated team to add you in, please check one business day later. Appreciate your feedback.

Hi DJI Susan. Can I be involved in this beta as well? Would love to fix this horrible issue
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

willempost Posted at 2017-12-14 14:17
hello susan
I uploaded the beta
wil test fly tommorow

Hey Willem, thanks for keeping us posted. Please reboot the DJI Assistant 2 and aircraft, change to another working cable to check again. We appreciate your feedback.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TylersReelFish Posted at 2017-12-14 15:34
Hi DJI Susan. Can I be involved in this beta as well? Would love to fix this horrible issue

Hey Tyler, please kindly offer your DJI Account here, we'll help you get the beta and try again.
2017-12-15
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi susan
Today I tried the 600 beta
Its much better flying than the official
Still al little touchy on the sticks but I did not notice the bucking with the official fw
So for me its an improvement
Today I will try the sensor calibration
Again
2017-12-16
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Keeps telling to reboot
Tried different cables and multiple ways to reboot connect etc etc
15134202605301714307786.jpg
2017-12-16
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251165 ft
Bangladesh

Hi, I was about to loose my second P4 yesterday. Since the latest firmware update so many issues started to arose.
1.The entire connection is lost without in every 2 minutes of intervel of flight time.
2. The aircraft started acting wired as well as very unstable, loosing and gaining altitude, drifting here and there.
3. Camera resets itself and move on its own.
4. Flights records are lost.
Pls some one help me.
2017-12-16
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Just downgrade the app and Firmware. All errors are done then.
2017-12-16
Use props
TylersReelFish
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-15 02:00
Hey Tyler, please kindly offer your DJI Account here, we'll help you get the beta and try again.

I think all you need is my email correct?
TylersReelFishing@gmail.com
2017-12-16
Use props
fans775bca9a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200584 ft
Peru

ESTIMADOS AQUI LE ENVIO UNA SOLUCION A LOS PROBLEMAS QUE TUVE MUY SIMILAR A LAS DE USTEDES:
PROBLEMAS PRSENTADOS :
AQUI LA VERSIONES Y FIRMWARE:
DJI GO 4 ----------------------> VERSIÓN 4.1.18
FIRMWARE PHANTOM 4 ----> 01.02.0602
FIRMWARE RC ----------------> 1.6.0
PROBLEM2.jpg PROBLEM1.jpg 01 VERSION PROBLEMA0.jpg

VERSIÓN QUE CORRIGE LOS ERRORES DE PERDIDA DE IMAGEN, OTROS MENSAJES, ETC
DJI GO 4 ----------------------> VERSIÓN 4.1.2   
FIRMWARE PHANTOM 4 ----> 01.02.0602   
FIRMWARE RC ------- ---------> 1.9.3

SOLUCION

SOLUCION

Saludos
JOSE ABANTO
jose.abanto.v@gmail.com
2017-12-16
Use props
V5L
lvl.1
Estonia

fans29d8b6aa Posted at 2017-12-16 04:11
Hi, I was about to loose my second P4 yesterday. Since the latest firmware update so many issues started to arose.
1.The entire connection is lost without in every 2 minutes of intervel of flight time.
2. The aircraft started acting wired as well as very unstable, loosing and gaining altitude, drifting here and there.

same story here, nothing new.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TylersReelFish Posted at 2017-12-16 20:58
I think all you need is my email correct?

Thanks for getting backing to us. I've forwarded to the designated team to add you in, please check later.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans775bca9a Posted at 2017-12-16 21:03
ESTIMADOS AQUI LE ENVIO UNA SOLUCION A LOS PROBLEMAS QUE TUVE MUY SIMILAR A LAS DE USTEDES:
PROBLEMAS PRSENTADOS :
AQUI LA VERSIONES Y FIRMWARE:

Received with thanks! The beta will be available in your account soon, please check later. Any feedback will be appreciated.
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules