Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

AerialImageryMe Posted at 2017-7-16 12:08
I have heard of two work-arounds for this. Let us know if it works

1. Easy - Let the drone sit after start up. It will record home point.....let it sit, wait until you get the "ready to fly" message. (I have not tried this, but that is one thing I have not seen since update. I just take off after home point is set. I also noticed it records another home point just after liftoff.)

Neither of these two options worked for me
2017-7-16
Use props
fans90b2bb2d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599449 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 02:40
That would be great, waiting to hear from you.
Please click "Reply" button so I can get a remind as well, thanks.

DJI Flight Logs Before/After

DJI Natalia,
Here are a couple of my logs.  Two before, and Two after in their respective folders.  I have no video for the logs before the update.

There are two logs in the "After update" folder.  The earlier one is the same flight log as my video post earlier.  If you can't find it, it's this video:
The later log is a normal flight mostly in Tri-pod mode.  There was almost no wind, so it actually flew okay.  There were a few wiggles and wobbles, but nothing major.  I actually thought it wasn't acting too strange at all...until I switched over to P-mode and came down at full speed.  At one point during the decent, it looked like the drone almost flipped over and had a motor surge to correct itself.  I don't have a video of that, but it might be useful to look at the logs.

Please let me know if your team makes any progress with this issue! If you need any other logs/videos from me, I'd be happy to help.
2017-7-16
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

AerialImageryMe Posted at 2017-7-16 12:08
I have heard of two work-arounds for this. Let us know if it works

1. Easy - Let the drone sit after start up. It will record home point.....let it sit, wait until you get the "ready to fly" message. (I have not tried this, but that is one thing I have not seen since update. I just take off after home point is set. I also noticed it records another home point just after liftoff.)

I tried both of these.

2. It seemed to fly much better without SD card. I thought it was fixed. Put in SD card, flew unstable again. Maybe I just didn't fly it enough to test it.

A few observations that may help solve this erratic and bucky behavior.

- There is no "Ready to fly" message any more. I waited 5 minutes with P4 powered up. Nothing. I waited 5 minutes with motors started. Nothing

- Continuous beeping (motors running) prior to takeoff with nothing showing on monitor for obstical avoidance.

- P4 initially sets "home point". Then when I go to take off, it resets home point at about 3 feet off the ground.
2017-7-16
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

Jeeeeeezzz i thought id got away with this update but after a flight today its now telling me ive got to update
2017-7-16
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

fans90b2bb2d Posted at 2017-7-16 12:52

DJI Natalia,

Great example of the issue!
2017-7-16
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-7-16 12:52
Neither of these two options worked for me

Yea, I thought the SD card trick would work, it seemed to, but after I put the SD card back in, it was bad again.
2017-7-16
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

its a big shame for DJI casue the even dont care what is happening with users . they are busy to sell spark and make video for it .. its like every product when its not famous they always care for clients . when successful they even dont care who the hell are u.. dji support is a big joke if u say my drone dont show light anything .. same answer when u bough drone we arrange rma for u send us back to check lOL .
DJI Give free drones to lot of youtubers and blogers they also can ask them for test there firmware when there is no error can send all users to update ..
this weekend i had fly and some work but can do cause dji drone with new firmware ............................................................................... u can understand
2017-7-16
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here, updated, calibrated, etc... Very instable after the update.

2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans90b2bb2d Posted at 2017-7-16 12:52

DJI Natalia,

Thank you very much about that, I have forwarded all the info to engineers.
Will get back to you once I hear from them, thanks.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gablopez Posted at 2017-7-16 18:24
Same here, updated, calibrated, etc... Very instable after the update.

https://youtu.be/qpEjGQPY2WQ

Thank for making this video, could you please export the 2 logs before and after upgrading respectively?
We care much about this feedback and working on it now.
2017-7-17
Use props
pgrog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 585745 ft
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-17 00:07
Thank for making this video, could you please export the 2 logs before and after upgrading respectively?

Hi Natalia,

This issue is becoming a problem for my business. It is costing my money. My aircraft can not fly and because of this I have to contract 3rd party operators to complete work for my clients.

We need one of the following actions:

1. A new firmware upgrade with this issue fixed
or...
2. A way to downgrade to last working firmware

Can you please let us know when we can expect an update from the technical team?

Thanks,

Peter
2017-7-17
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Cyprus

This is rediculous. We still have no updates and no option to rollback.

I have damages of USD 15K so far for non fullfilled contracts and I am in discussions with a lawyer about this against DJI. Not to forget is that before the upgrade there was a message saying you can always rollback to the previous firmware which is not the case. False claims.

Please allow rollback otherwise we will claim for false claims and damages.
2017-7-17
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Hi. I have same problem with my P4 after updating new firmware v02.00.0106. All update steps was done within instruction. Update went without any errors and problems. All calibrations was done fine. But then test flight, get problem with P4 erratic shaking in the air. Drone is very unstable and during flight make very fast engine rpm small changes that cause erratic shaking. Later try to several time do factory reset and firmware refresh with all calibrations, but all this not give positive result. At this time drone is unusable because of safety. DJI please give our opportunity to downgrade firmware to previous version until new firmware will be fixed.
Thank you.
2017-7-17
Use props
Sukhoj T-50
New
Russia

Does any of the RND test updates before releasing them?
Here are a few problems with my P4:
- problems with the camera, the lens goes to the left and the camera reloads.
- not stable (dangerous tongue), vibration.
- breakage of video communication in 300 meters.

2017-7-17
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Cyprus

Heres a video i did https://youtu.be/CDquFCRvph0

2017-7-17
Use props
brunobaptista
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1369839 ft
Brazil

I have done a second IMU calibration, this time paying much attention to the pictures and following EXACTLY what was shown in each step. I started with the P4 facing me, and kept all orientations strictly as shown.

My flight tests were with much wind and it performed flawlessly. The gimbal horizon is definitely improved. Horizontal forward flight appeared to be fine, even in strong winds.
2017-7-17
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 18:15
No problem, I have forwarded the data to engineers for further analysis.

Hi Natalia,
Can you please update me on status of the issue? I'm affraid to use the aircraft.
2017-7-17
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

10 days unflyable and no option to roll back with my DJI assistant2.
2017-7-17
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-7-16 09:53
How were you able to downgrade?

I just saw this reply, have to go out for a "blue hour" shoot, will return and verify.  But I remember, after linking up with Assistant 2, and it recognizing the aircraft, clicking on the "versions" tab, and it showing the versions currently loaded.  There was a checkbox next to "downgrade" as I recall.  It was actually quite painless.
2017-7-17
Use props
G1DTF
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230151 ft
United Kingdom

vfrailing Posted at 2017-7-17 15:26
I just saw this reply, have to go out for a "blue hour" shoot, will return and verify.  But I remember, after linking up with Assistant 2, and it recognizing the aircraft, clicking on the "versions" tab, and it showing the versions currently loaded.  There was a checkbox next to "downgrade" as I recall.  It was actually quite painless.

Can you confirm what version of Assistant 2 you have installed that let you downgrade the P4 firmware. Most others have reported that they have no option to downgrade. I have not yet upgraded so cannot check out the downgrade option.
2017-7-17
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

G1DTF Posted at 2017-7-17 16:33
Can you confirm what version of Assistant 2 you have installed that let you downgrade the P4 firmware. Most others have reported that they have no option to downgrade. I have not yet upgraded so cannot check out the downgrade option.

I also no longer have a downgrade option, this was previously available but no longer an option for me
2017-7-17
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90653 ft

United States

vfrailing Posted at 2017-7-17 15:26

That option disappeared for me.  Wish it hadn't.
2017-7-17
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-7-17 17:12
I also no longer have a downgrade option, this was previously available but no longer an option for me

Am using version V1.0.9
2017-7-17
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Natalia, here are the links to the logs:

Before update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9ku5v ... foreUpdate.DAT?dl=0

After Update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ys6gv ... ter_Update.DAT?dl=0
2017-7-17
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

test flight in remote location with no signal interference and no wifi today - I am glad to report that I had no flight issues at all- I couldnt even get off the ground - the remote would not connect with my ipad or iphone- its 100% bricked now, please do not reply to this comment telling me how you love DJI and there is nothing wrong with your P4 its of no help or interest to me and many others at all.
2017-7-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vfrailing Posted at 2017-7-15 18:26
JodkC, I have been able to downgrade after the update, through Assistant 2.
After the update, it seemed to hover erratically,  suddenly changing altitude (by at least 5 feet) without any input from controller.  I was flying in a rather tight place, so I immediately brought it back.  Next flight, camera gimbal suddenly went askew.  I was yawing around doing a 180 panoramic series, when suddenly, the camera gimbal got stuck on the side so that all I could see were the landing gear.  The bird began flying erratically, so I felt lucky to get it back.  I immediately downgraded the version on the aircraft, and have had no issues since.  Not sure when I will reinstall the upgrade, until I hear these issues have been dealt with.

Hi. Are you referring to successful downgrade of a P4 or a P4P? I ask because your registration details don't state that you own a P4, and this thread relates to a P4 firmware release.
2017-7-17
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-17 21:52
Hi. Are you referring to successful downgrade of a P4 or a P4P? I ask because your registration details don't state that you own a P4, and this thread relates to a P4 firmware release.

Edit N/A
2017-7-17
Use props
KenTbk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327644 ft
Singapore

Seems like is better not to update mine first. hope there is a fix for this else it is dangerous to take off with this glitch
2017-7-17
Use props
Otto4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162812 ft
Norway

anyone that has older software on the computer or tablet for the phantom 4
2017-7-18
Use props
fans72310882
New
Canada

I did the update, and I'm having the unstable flight issue as well. It's extremely shaky, but not to the point where I think it's going to flip upside down and become a flying brick......I hope.  I could almost live with that. What I can't live with is the CONSTANT video freezing, the constant wind warnings when there's virtually no wind, and every once in a while, the camera just goes limp and won't do anything until a complete reset is done. As it is now, it's an extremely expensive coffee table ornament.
2017-7-18
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Switzerland

Flew today again. Surprisingly it is very stable. What i did was to calibrate again the IMU when cold and did all sorts of calibrations. Also formatted the sd card.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gablopez Posted at 2017-7-17 19:03
Natalia, here are the links to the logs:

Before update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9ku5vkf3go7ce9/DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-07-17_22-21-05_BeforeUpdate.DAT?dl=0

Thank you, I forwarded it to engineers already.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2017-7-17 12:59
Hi Natalia,
Can you please update me on status of the issue? I'm affraid to use the aircraft.

Our engineers are working on this case recently, I have forwarded all the logs and videos you provided to them.
We'll update the result to you once hearing from them, thank you very much!
2017-7-18
Use props
fans6d4e2456
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

I updated with great expectations of improvements, because I had serice in another state of Brazil, I was disappointed, presented the same problems already described here. DJI is a silent tomb on the issue.
2017-7-18
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

After a few minutes with the DJI "expert", asking me if I calibrated IMU, compass, etc, gives me the following answer about my questions about the new update:
"I understand, it just kind strange to me because the new update should fix this issue."
It is not possible that DJI does not know about the problems of the new update.
2017-7-18
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Please care about updates before you force them on us. These need to be tested. We know that you stopped sending updates to your beta testers months ago so there is no way this version could have been properly tested before it became a mandatory update.
2017-7-18
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I am experiencing the same problems everyone else is having. Uneven power during flights. Drone makes a rrr-rrr-rrr-rrr noise as it flies straight and level in normal mode at full stick which it never did before. Video dropped out once at which point it switched from video recording to still camera mode and took a picture of the right legs meaning the camera was tilted all the way to the right and 45 degrees down when it was set to look forwards. I had to manually put it back into video recording mode. My motors now get extremely hot after flight due to all the revving. Top speed in sport mode has been reduced between 5 and 10 MPH. I expect that if I continue to fly my drone in this state, the plastic around the motors will crack due to the heat or the plastic that holds the props on will melt. Either way it means a catastrophic crash, loss or destruction of the drone and possibly injury to anyone who is unfortunate enough to be below it at the time.

This firmware was never tested before it was released. DJI has lost a great deal of my trust. It is not trustworthy enough to force updates, not allow us to downgrade when they now have proven that they are incapable of releasing stable updates. Will DJI replace lost or destroyed Phantom 4 drones that crash due to this firmware? Are they prepared to be liable for any injuries that result?
I said that my P4 now flies like my P2V+ but I now think that it flies like a first gen Parrot Bebop. Did Parrot buy DJI when no one was looking?
2017-7-18
Use props
fans978c4f59
New
United States

Let me summarize my interactions with DJI:  1st tech support call:  (one week ago):  I promise you, if you flash the bios back to an older version you will be fine. Use DJI assistant to do this.
(I waited for a few days-and as we all know, this isn't possible to do).
2nd call:  yesterday-the "support" expert kept telling me that I didn't want to downgrade the FW, I wanted to upgrade it! He didn't seem understand anything I was telling him about being told by DJI
that I should do that! he also reviewed to pull up (or could not pull up) the logged information about my previous call.  Hi finally said, "look, if you can't (or won't) tell me how to flash back the FW
to the older version, you and I are just wasting each others time." He hung up on me. I kid you note.
3rd call:  after I cooled off. Got a friendly guy that insisted that I need ed to simply re-format my SD card and all would be good. The FW chip (I don't believe) is not located on the SD
card-he insisted it was. This might have fixed my 4K problem, but I can't even fly right now. Who cares about the 4K stream?
Amazing lack of support and customer orientation. My last DJI product.  Oh-and RMA?  My drone is now conveniently just outside of the warranty period. They have this all figured out.
Not pleased.
Steve
2017-7-18
Use props
fans978c4f59
New
United States

fans978c4f59 Posted at 2017-7-18 08:45
Let me summarize my interactions with DJI:  1st tech support call:  (one week ago):  I promise you, if you flash the bios back to an older version you will be fine. Use DJI assistant to do this.
2nd call:  yesterday-the "support" expert kept telling me that I didn't want to downgrade the FW, I wanted to upgrade it! He didn't seem understand anything I was telling him about being told by DJI

Sorry for the typos. Probably not surprising that DJI's forum is difficult to edit posts etc. Consistent with the other crap.  This is not as full of errors:
that I should do that! he also reviewed to pull up (or could not pull up) the logged information about my previous call.  Hi finally said, "look, if you can't (or won't) tell me how to flash back the FW
to the older version, you and I are just wasting each others time." He hung up on me. I kid you note.
3rd call:  after I cooled off. Got a friendly guy that insisted that I need ed to simply re-format my SD card and all would be good. The FW chip (I don't believe) is not located on the SD
card-he insisted it was. This might have fixed my 4K problem, but I can't even fly right now. Who cares about the 4K stream?
Amazing lack of support and customer orientation. My last DJI product.  Oh-and RMA?  My drone is now conveniently just outside of the warranty period. They have this all figured out.
Not pleased.
Steve
2017-7-18
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

A simple rollback to the previous firmware, as we were all promised we could, would fix the problem. I think DJI thinks that there is no problem and that were all just stupid. We're the problem, not their firmware. If they gave a damn that commercial pilots are loosing work and that recreational flyer's aren't getting what they paid for then they would let us rollback just like they promised we could.  Their more worried about what someone might do than what their customers were promised they could do. They would rather ground us all than risk having their reputation tarnished by someone with a hacked drone.  Well heres a newsflash for you dji, YOUR CURRENT FIRMWARE IS ALREADY HACKED and your reputation is cr*p!
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules