1339 16 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mityadvet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492352 ft
Ukraine

Hey y'all,

my beloved P4P fell on the ground pretty hard and I can't understand why...

I have no experience reading flight logs, hoping someone here (from DJI Perhaps?) can help, here's the link: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/GN1EDG9ZBYV4C6UQXVII/

The battery was still in the aircraft after the crash, so that couldn't be the reason...

Thanks in advance for the help!
2017-7-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The big glaring thing I see right away is you launched with less than a fully charged battery.  That has been known to drop ACs out of the sky without warning.  I can't say that's what caused your problem though.  
2017-7-8
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Looking at the logs, it seems that the drone was climbing and threw a propeller (or something damaged a prop in flight) after which the logs show the start of the fall.
2017-7-8
Use props
TacoRye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174203 ft
United States

At 4m into your flight, a motor error appeared.  Stating loose or missing prop.   Was it missing any props or flying erratically when it fell?
2017-7-8
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Doesn't look like it was your fault.   

Things start to go wrong when the GPS receiver looses all the satellites and it drops into ATTI Course Lock mode, after that the compass and gyroscopes seem to go mad!
Not sure we can trust any of the data in the last part of the flight so it's hard to draw any conclusions.

Major malfunction - a warrantee issue...
2017-7-8
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Ukraine

Thank you everybody for the help!!! Much appreciated!

Can someone from DJI take a look at this please and say if I can send it to the German DJI service as a warranty case? Never had any crashed and have no experience with things like these...
2017-7-8
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Ukraine

TacoRye Posted at 2017-7-8 13:15
At 4m into your flight, a motor error appeared.  Stating loose or missing prop.   Was it missing any props or flying erratically when it fell?

this is a trick question! how is a fall not erratical? a couple of props fell of and one broke into half after the crash
2017-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mityadvet Posted at 2017-7-8 13:28

Can someone from DJI take a look at this please and say if I can send it to the German DJI service as a warranty case? Never had any crashed and have no experience with things like these...

You will need to sync your flight to dji cloud in your app contact support@dji.com, and start a case.
If you want a mod to help you here . You could get your dat file download to Dropbox and PM  a mod here they will be able to get dji engineers to take a look for you below link will help.

https://datfile.net/DatCon/fieldsV3MP.html
2017-7-8
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TacoRye Posted at 2017-7-8 13:15

After the propeller went missing the aircraft managed to gain height!

I don't think we can trust the data.
2017-7-8
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mityadvet Posted at 2017-7-8 13:28

Get in touch with DJI support, several methods available, they will let you know where to send it: http://www.dji.com/support

If you synchronise your flight logs first in the Go 4 App then they will be able to take a look.
2017-7-8
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Ukraine

thanks everybody!!
2017-7-10
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

What has DJI support said?  Is it being covered under warrantee?

2017-7-10
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Ukraine

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-10 02:36
What has DJI support said?  Is it being covered under warrantee?

they told to to send it in for future diagnostics, syncing my flights in the app didn't matter...
2017-7-12
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Germany

Small update on the subject: after weeks of waiting to hear back what actually happened DJI sent me a repair invoice for over 600,- Eur to cover the damage. Since I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong or didn't hit anything here's my question: is there any chance DJI can cover this under warranty?
2017-9-2
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mityadvet Posted at 2017-9-2 04:16
Small update on the subject: after weeks of waiting to hear back what actually happened DJI sent me a repair invoice for over 600,- Eur to cover the damage. Since I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong or didn't hit anything here's my question: is there any chance DJI can cover this under warranty?

What reason have they given for the crash?

I suggest you get one of the moderators on here to organise a review, a quick look at the data might indicate it being your fault but I think a decent look shows that there was something wrong with the aircraft.
2017-9-2
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Germany

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-2 05:11

I suggest you get one of the moderators on here to organise a review, a quick look at the data might indicate it being your fault but I think a decent look shows that there was something wrong with the aircraft.

Thanks for the reply, Nigel!

Here what was written in the invoice "no Warranty - Flight-Logs gelesen: 1.The aircraft was controlled by pilot in GPS-CL mode. 2.t=392s,h=7m,d=123m,aircraft crashed.Before the crash pilot was pushing 100% pitch stick backward and yaw stick to the left,100% throttle stick upward."
2017-9-2
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Germany

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-2 05:11

Oh yeah, any tips on how to get any of the moderators attention here?
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules