Warning:Max Flight Altitude Reached.
69842 60 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

If having this kind of issues, reinstall the app. All wil be gone. It's probably the login not properly registered after an  app update.
2017-9-7
Use props
DejaViewz
lvl.2
United States

I launched over a local river last weekend and received a Max Distance message.
I thought it was in Beginner mode, but it was not. There was another setting that I do not recall seeing previously that was a Limit Distance category that was clicked on.
I turned it off, and it was ok again.
I know that I never set that limit, I have no idea how that happened.
2017-9-7
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

fans3097ba4e Posted at 2017-9-7 02:44
My DJI Phantom 3 advanced all of a sudden has stopped climbing above 50 m and can't go beyond 30 m in distance and it's not in beginner mode and I have been flying this Drone for over a year and never had a trouble any suggestions

If you updated the last firmware successfully for both the drone and RC and sure that all batteries also the go to "Main Controller Settings" check the "Multiple Flight Modes" is selcted. If not, select it. Then go for max altitude to increase max hieght.
2017-9-7
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happen to me a couple of times, once upgraded it stopped. Prior to that I used to turn off and on and it also went away and was able to bypass that max limit altitude.
2017-9-7
Use props
fansc63c0c40
New

United States

Hi everyone, I will be flying this drone in the middle of nowhere in Argentina ( mountains) does anybody know around what hight I will be able to achieve?
2017-9-9
Use props
daleharmon
New

United States

I had exactly the same issue with my DJI Phantom 3 Standard.  It was driving me nuts.  I opened up the DJI app on my phone and could not find a method to upgrade the app.  I went to the Google Play Store and found the current DJI app.  I was given the option to upgrade the DJI app.  Which I did.  I just came in from test flying my bird.  All is good.  I can fly over 160 feet horizontal and over 100 feet vertical.

The solution is to upgrade the DJI app on your phone or tablet.
2017-9-19
Use props
Acebobby
New

India

No use. Its is solved by turning off your internet connection in your mobile
2017-9-29
Use props
Acebobby
New

India

HI BRO YOU CAN TURN OFF YOUR MOBILE INTERNET AND FLY THAT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR UPDATED DRONE WHEN IT IS TURNED ON THE SOFWARE LIMITS THE DEVICE TO FLY AT MAX DISTANCE OF 100 ONLY SO TRY NOT TO CONNECT YOUR MOBILE/TABLET TO INTERNET THATS IT GOES HIGH
2017-9-29
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

MarcoX5 Posted at 2017-7-9 05:06
DJI Go is set to 300M.  I'm logged in as always.  double checked that after firmware update.  (Upgrade is a misnomer).  Not in beginner mode.  WTF?

Still limited to 100'

maybe no fly zone updated
2017-9-29
Use props
Caleb
New
United States

I have a refurbished Phantom 3S that won't fly farther than the 30, 50m limit. I'm not sure if it's activated because my iphone kept crashing when I first got the drone and booted it up with the app. Is there a way to check if it's activated properly?

I have the firmware and app updated properly, nothing in MC settings is restricting me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, logged in and out, created an account with a different email, and even tried different devices. Still no luck with being able to fly past the limit or getting the app to prompt me to activate it.

What else can I do to fix this? If I can't get it solved... I'll have to just return my drone.
2017-10-5
Use props
Dimitris Ellina
New
United States

Well just resolved that issue by going to my APP store and updating the APP to DJI GO 4 and no more warning to 30m or 50m.
2017-10-17
Use props
tim.zoomy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 999767 ft
Canada

I have been having this problem as well.  I found somewhere in this thread that you have to power on the aircraft and the controller first, then the app.  I just returned from testing this hypothesis, and it worked.  I have an iPad, and it is probably important to remember that to REALLY CLOSE the app, you must double click the home button and swipe the app shut.  Anyhow, I went back to where I was having problems earlier today, went with the power on sequence just mentioned, and the problem went away
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

tim.zoomy Posted at 2017-10-30 16:47
I have been having this problem as well.  I found somewhere in this thread that you have to power on the aircraft and the controller first, then the app.  I just returned from testing this hypothesis, and it worked.  I have an iPad, and it is probably important to remember that to REALLY CLOSE the app, you must double click the home button and swipe the app shut.  Anyhow, I went back to where I was having problems earlier today, went with the power on sequence just mentioned, and the problem went away

Thanks for the update, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-10-31
Use props
mQo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100856 ft
Slovakia

same thing happened to me today. no restrictions set and i was not able to climb above 30m.

after i rebooted the mavic and controller, reconnected the DJI GO4 app i noticed the warning that my firmware on hw is not compatible - and then i remembered. I bought new battery which was running outdated firmware.

Once i upgraded the FW of battery - everything worked fine.

2017-10-31
Use props
johnmbradshaw
New
Flight distance : 79137 ft
United States

I haven't flown it for a few months, did the updates on the Phantom 3 Advanced and the RC, and had the same problem.

I did what Mari suggested and turned everything on in the following order: Phantom 3, RC, App  (of course after I'd updated the app and signed in). Then I also took the Safety Quiz that I'd been skipping. Voila! No more restrictions. I'm not sure if the order cured it, or taking the quiz - or maybe both. But those things worked for me.
2018-2-1
Use props
Domino
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem with Inspire 2 after upgrade when I flew it first time but had not calibrated it.  I restarted the drone, controller and connected iPad app.  I then calibrated the Inspire 2 once everything was restarted.  It then flew fine to 100M height as usual.
2018-2-10
Use props
Domino
lvl.1
United States

try restarting everything and calibrating the drone before flying
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_yHhHbrmqhMMy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51837 ft
United States

I found this thread looking for the MC error popping up on one of my first flights outside using a Spark.  Later I followed the advice about the power up sequence:
Power up Drone
Power up RC
Then load DJI GO 4.

When I was getting the error my GPS quality was also not loading any signal.  Also of note if you change your maximum altitude, you might want to completely exit DJI Go 4, then load it back up so the settings properly apply.  Before I did all that, I got a height warning at 14 ft.  Once the did the noted steps and turned back on my Drone, RC and app, I was easily able to go 120+ ft upward.  I also had GPS signal this time too.
2018-7-28
Use props
BlamPow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51837 ft
United States

djiuser_yHhHbrmqhMMy Posted at 2018-7-28 15:48
I found this thread looking for the MC error popping up on one of my first flights outside using a Spark.  Later I followed the advice about the power up sequence:
Power up Drone
Power up RC

Update on my last post above.  I tried again from the same location but had the limit again.  Because I was behind my house in an alley,I could not get signal.

So I walked to the front of the house and stood on the corner where I got very good GPS signal.  Just for anyone interested in if your phone GPS needs to be on too, nope.  Once I had GPS signal in the front, I was able to fly without issues.

Just wanted to update that being between stone buildings in a zone 2 flight area (city) may give you the MC max flight issue.
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_fV3HWAMTknbK
New

United States

Scott Ferguson Posted at 2017-7-8 16:29
Could you be in beginner mode? That limits altitude to 30m(100')

Did you ever figure it out
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_fV3HWAMTknbK Posted at 8-4 17:26
Did you ever figure it out

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if there is anything we can help with?
2022-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules