Home point accuracy on the map
687 4 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Man Bob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74488 ft
United States

The homepoint location on my map during flight seemed to be 10-15 feet away from where it should have been. It got me wondering if this is normal i.e just the way the point displays on the map and the drone would have most likely returned to the correct location?

How accurate should the homepoint  appear on my map assuming i have excelent GPS lock, and i am hundreds of feet away from trees, buildings etc?

Thank you!
2017-7-8
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Sometimes it can be right on the dot but other times theirs interference or not enough signal possibly from satellites.  
2017-7-8
Use props
Drone Man Bob
lvl.2
United States

I had strong GPS signal - think i was locked on to 15 satellites.

Should i assume that the map is correct and it will land bang on where the map suggests then even if its off by 10+ feet?

2017-7-8
Use props
fans99fba624
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Did you try the rth and see just how far off take off point it  was when landing ?....i tried mine and it was about 30cm off ...plus its also sensible to take off in a open space to compensate for any difference ....but in the grand scale of things 10 feet is not a huge problem when you think how big the world is ......just my thoughts
2017-7-9
Use props
Drone Man Bob
lvl.2
United States

I didnt but i agree with you its a small diff. The problem was 10 feet would have put me within 15 feet of a small 1 story warehouse so i was too scared

I am more curious if i should expect the home point to always appear a little off when viewing it on the map even if I am in the middle of a park with no tress, buildings etc. and an excellent GPS lock?

2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules