Phone/Firmware
1216 12 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft
United States

The Phantom 3 std is my first drone and I do not want to crash it on the first flight. Could someone please tell me if the Samsung S7 will work with this drone and the Dji GO app? I have watched videos on top of videos and I'm more confused than ever now. It looks like things are missing on my phones screen compared to a lot of the videos I've watched. I don't see any sensors after I click on the IMU. How can I tell if I have the right firmware? Any help would be GREAT !!

Thanks, Kevin
2017-7-8
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you connected to the powered up RC and P3 via WIFI and start the App? The S7 has enough power to process the data from the copter. If it´s connected the P3S must be shown up in the home screen. If P3S is showing up then tab the Camera bar.  Do you see the live feed? If yes,you can check all parameters over tabbing the upper right corner for preferences. Tab the .... menu and then <About> you can see the SN the FW version and the Go app version. Example SN Xxxxxxxxx FW version 1.09.0200 DJI Go v 3.1.8 or the same. But the most important part is ,you have full control of your bird via RC.
2017-7-9
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

Thank you very much! It shows that I have all the correct versions and updates. One thing still bothers me some and it could be the new update causing it. There is no IMU setting but there is a place that says IMU is normal. Also the DJI videos I watched says the go app should have a simulator. Is that true, if so where can I find it?
2017-7-9
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

Sorry.  I found the IMU settings and the sensors. Thanks Again Peterx.
2017-7-9
Use props
fanse3f47b8b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28520 ft
United States

KEM Posted at 2017-7-9 09:07
Thank you very much! It shows that I have all the correct versions and updates. One thing still bothers me some and it could be the new update causing it. There is no IMU setting but there is a place that says IMU is normal. Also the DJI videos I watched says the go app should have a simulator. Is that true, if so where can I find it?

The simulator is found in the DJI Go app. Go the the screen where you connect to your drone. In the upper right there is a menu (the 3 horizontal bars) and from there select Academy.

You have to be connected to the drone though and have the RC turned on too.
2017-7-9
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

I have 1 more question. The manual I read,the video I watched,both said to calibrate the compass like this.
Go to the Dji GO app>Camera View> Aircraft Status Bar (top of screen) Next to "compass; tap Calibrate. No matter what I do I cannot find calibrate. It also said to calibrate the IMU and that would take 5 to 10. minutes. I watched the blue line go all the way across and after 15 minutes I hit check IMU and it said IMU calibration not needed.I yes I did that for nothing. It kept saying at the top that it was ready to fly but I was scared to try since I had not calibrated the compass. Please tell me what I need to do because I'm trying to follow the manual and videos but they seem to change. Thanks, Kevin
2017-7-9
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

If you want to calibrate the compass then tab on the status bar with that message <calibrate the compass> and then <calibrate> The app tells you to take the AC plain and rotate it 360 degrees and then it tells you take the AC with the nose down and do the same. If all gone right then it shows you >calibration successful. If you change inbound of 100 miles you don´t need to calibrate the compass again. Very important is if you calibrate the compass,you remove all metal in your pocket and leave it near the RC,and look for a grassy field. So you will avoid a bad calibration.  The IMU must be calibrated normally 1 tome. Put the AC on a plain ground and power RC and AC on. If the calibration is required then calibrate it.
2017-7-9
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

That's what  I mean. There is no calibrate next to the compass? I'm  positive about that. I made very sure that I checked everything before I Post-it anything again.
2017-7-10
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

Just got off the phone with DJI support and was told that I did not need to calibrate the p3s unless it told me it needed to be done. She said as long as mine says that it's okay to fly and the middle tab on the top bar is green, I would be fine. Is this the reason I can't find the calibrate tab?
2017-7-10
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

The calibrate button shows up if you have a compass error only.
2017-7-10
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Since all of the other questions were answered the answer to your phone is yes it will work fine. I used my S7 Edge once when I left my S5 at home. Keep in mind though the app is hard on the battery life of your phone. A few flights can kill it there's a lot going on within the app itself including the constant video stream. Also put your phone in airplane mode nothing worse than someone blowing up your phone flying. Won't affect the quad but will mess with your feed.
2017-7-10
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

Thank you much Peterx and biker. Was wondering what happens if someone calls while I was flying it. I haven't seen much on the transmitter either. What position does the S1 and S2 switches need to be in? Gonna try and fly tomorrow for the first time. Thank you guys very much with your help!
2017-7-10
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

Just got a reply from Dji support telling me the Samsung Galaxy S7 will not work with the Dji GO app. I've had the S4 S5 and the S6. By far the S7 is a better phone. It was 5 days ago when I asked support if the S7 would work and I'm just getting a reply back. Going to go with Biker and use it anyway. Looks like the reply from Dji was a generic reply or a copy and paste from the page that says what phones works. More confused each day...
Kevin
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules