3788 64 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

Hi folks,

I just got a new x5s camera and no matter what I have done the camera/gimbal are pointing to the roght as you look at the aircraft head on.

I have already done the following multiple times (in order)

Cold start IMU calibration
Compass calibration
Gimbal auto calibration

Camera does its usual calibration dance on start-up and for a second looks perfect until it decides to shift it off to the right as its resting. i'm assuming that this is not a common problem? Or has anyone else got this issue since the update?

DJI advised me to return to point of sale which I plan on doing tomorrow.

I was kind of hoping that this was mearly a firmware update issue?

All advice appreciated.

IMAG0105.jpg
2017-7-8
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine does the same, but clicks to a degree to two the other way. I haven't returned it yet but waiting to see if firmware corrects the issue.
2017-7-9
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

JerryLaurence Posted at 2017-7-9 01:12
Mine does the same, but clicks to a degree to two the other way. I haven't returned it yet but waiting to see if firmware corrects the issue.

Considering it cost $3299 AUD this is pretty disappointing. Is there anybody here from DJI looking at this?

My experience with customer service is they don't have a clue...

Last person I spoke to..... "this is a hardware issue" take it back to where you purchased it"

After I queried this and if there was a known issue with a certain batch of product :
"please return it to use at DJI"

My response.. It is less than 24hrs old... why would I send it back to DJI when I can get a refund?

no response.

My question is.... am I wasting my time returning this? Is the replacement going to be the same? If that's the case then I'm better keeping my existing one.

C'mon DJI... If you intend on being the "apple" of the drone market, then you have got to start offering customer care like apple do!! At the moment, I have to report... you are a million miles from that.

2017-7-9
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue too, camera not fully centre.....
2017-7-9
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

JoePGM Posted at 2017-7-9 03:38
I have the same issue too, camera not fully centre.....

Can everyone that has this issue please post here, maybe then DJI will do something about it. Seems to me that this is far from an isolated incident.
2017-7-9
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it started happening after the latest firmware upgrade. Is that the same for others?
2017-7-9
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

JerryLaurence Posted at 2017-7-9 06:52
I think it started happening after the latest firmware upgrade. Is that the same for others?

I unfortunately hadn't flown the bird until after the latest update so I'm not aware to be honest. It would certainly make me feel a little better about it though.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Contacted the devs. They are aware of this issue and I can confirm they are currently working on a fix. Thanks for the report.

In the meantime they are working on a "yaw trim" function as well.
2017-7-10
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Joe. Can you confirm, then, that this is a firmware issue so there's no point in returning our X5S cameras to our suppliers? There seems to be conflicting advice coming out of DJI...
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What Joe said is right, the X5S is not necessary to be sent in, please kindly wait for our next release of firmware.
2017-7-11
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-11 00:54
What Joe said is right, the X5S is not necessary to be sent in, please kindly wait for our next release of firmware.

Thanks you for this, it is the first confirmation of the issue being firmware related. Can you tell me when we can expect the next release?
2017-7-11
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-10 16:02
Contacted the devs. They are aware of this issue and I can confirm they are currently working on a fix. Thanks for the report.

Thanks Joe
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc776fa97 Posted at 2017-7-11 04:26
Thanks you for this, it is the first confirmation of the issue being firmware related. Can you tell me when we can expect the next release?

We will add a new feature to APP to calibrate the Pan axis, but unfortunately, I have no idea the release date either, please pay attention to our official website.
2017-7-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-10 16:02

Yay for the Yaw Trim!  Mine overshoots bad.
2017-7-12
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-12 19:17
We will add a new feature to APP to calibrate the Pan axis, but unfortunately, I have no idea the release date either, please pay attention to our official website.

This is great news, thank you for the update.
2017-7-13
Use props
fansfe8498df
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30282 ft
Netherlands

I got a brand new Inspire 2 and X5S out of the box. Decided to wait and install all firmware/software updates before flying it and mine has the same issue too. The camera is not at all centered but keept pointing about 15 degrees to the right. I am not very pleased as this is a brand new out of the box machine...

Please bring out the update very fast...
2017-7-17
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here and it will drift over time on its own...
2017-7-17
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

fansfe8498df Posted at 2017-7-17 03:14
I got a brand new Inspire 2 and X5S out of the box. Decided to wait and install all firmware/software updates before flying it and mine has the same issue too. The camera is not at all centered but keept pointing about 15 degrees to the right. I am not very pleased as this is a brand new out of the box machine...

Please bring out the update very fast...

I have to say....... considering this is pro gear spec equipment , there is no real excuse for these buggy firmware updates. As a former software developer, I know the value of the testing environment before putting something live. Unfortunately, I feel that we as DJI customers are being thought of as the test environment, which is not acceptable in my eyes. Having spent over $10,000 Australian $, I feel I deserve a greater level of respect and customer service.
2017-7-18
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-12 19:17

Any update on this?
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry, we are still waiting for the update too, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-20
Use props
Qroost
lvl.2
Netherlands

I am still having the same problem. A brand new Inspire 2 aircraft. Date of manufacturing:
May 2017. Brand new... And still the camera is off center. It freaks me out. This is a 5K flying combination and not working correctly. Maybe you could make some haste with the update..... please? please? please????
I calibrated IMU, calibrated Gimbal, customer support asked me to whipe the camera attachments with a dry cloth. Nothing helps.
Please make that firmware come out quickly...

2017-7-27
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Qroost Posted at 2017-7-27 04:50
I am still having the same problem. A brand new Inspire 2 aircraft. Date of manufacturing:
May 2017. Brand new... And still the camera is off center. It freaks me out. This is a 5K flying combination and not working correctly. Maybe you could make some haste with the update..... please? please? please????
I calibrated IMU, calibrated Gimbal, customer support asked me to whipe the camera attachments with a dry cloth. Nothing helps.

The latest Go app states you can now adjust the gimbal yaw (I haven't tried it yet though...)
2017-7-28
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Go App states the yaw tuning is for the P4, not Inspire 2.
2017-7-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2017-7-28 06:34
The Go App states the yaw tuning is for the P4, not Inspire 2.

Yep.  Just turned the I2 on and not seeing it in there.
2017-7-28
Use props
Qroost
lvl.2
Netherlands

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-28 07:31
Yep.  Just turned the I2 on and not seeing it in there.

Indeed that does not seem to be there in the app and my problem still is not solved. Incredible. This is a 5K machine and it simply does not work correct.
So hoping that they will bring out new firmware soon.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Qroost Posted at 2017-8-14 10:41
Indeed that does not seem to be there in the app and my problem still is not solved. Incredible. This is a 5K machine and it simply does not work correct.
So hoping that they will bring out new firmware soon.

Sorry for the delay in APP release, this feature will be added, thanks for your patience.
2017-8-15
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-15 03:09
Sorry for the delay in APP release, this feature will be added, thanks for your patience.

Give us something ... old firmware back until the next release
2017-8-17
Use props
Qroost
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-15 03:09

I am waiting for two months now and still no firmware update that solves my problem or lets me manually set the angle of camera. Any clue on when this update comes?
2017-9-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Qroost Posted at 2017-9-12 05:25
I am waiting for two months now and still no firmware update that solves my problem or lets me manually set the angle of camera. Any clue on when this update comes?

You can press the C1 button and turn the left roller to aim the camera (yaw).

Mine does a very slow drift while it is sitting warming up and I have to do the above to aim it ahead.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Qroost Posted at 2017-9-12 05:25

Actually we managed to add this function before, but there is little mistake and we will add it again soon, sorry to have kept you waiting and appreciate your patience.
2017-9-13
Use props
NeilMcKay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492231 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 00:05
Actually we managed to add this function before, but there is little mistake and we will add it again soon, sorry to have kept you waiting and appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy.  I also have the issue with the X5S camera pointing to the left.  I contacted DJI and technical support stated that if the refresh firmware and recalibration does not fix the issue I should send it in for repair so have now created a case and received a shipping label for returning it to DJI tomorrow.  
DJI were unaware of this issue and this contradicts your message that its a known firmware issue and that I should for an update.  
Should I return it to DJI as stated or is this just a waste of time and I should instead wait for the firmware update to address this issue?
2017-10-4
Use props
NeilMcKay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492231 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 00:05

Hi Mindy.  I also have the issue with the X5S camera pointing to the left.  I contacted DJI and technical support stated that if the refresh firmware and recalibration does not fix the issue I should send it in for repair so have now created a case and received a shipping label for returning it to DJI tomorrow.  
DJI were unaware of this issue and their feedback contradicts your advise that its a known firmware issue and that I should just wait for a firmware update.  
Should I return it to DJI as stated for repair?  Or I should instead wait for the firmware update to address this issue?
2017-10-4
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

HI Neil, does it cost you money to send it back and get fixed. Is it covered warranty?
2017-10-5
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Australia

NeilMcKay Posted at 2017-10-4 15:14
DJI were unaware of this issue and their feedback contradicts your advise that its a known firmware issue and that I should just wait for a firmware update.  
Should I return it to DJI as stated for repair?  Or I should instead wait for the firmware update to address this issue?

This is firmware related, but DJi have been ignoring it. I was promised they were looking into this as I have had my issue since I purchased my camera.  I was also told not to send my camera back.

Mindy, isn't it about time you chimed in here with an update? Surely we deserve that at the very least.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NeilMcKay Posted at 2017-10-4 15:14

It is not a firmware issue, it's just we stated before that the gimbal yaw calibration will be added in the next firmware, but it hasn't come yet.
Like our Support suggested, please refresh the firmware and calibrate gimbal, if the problem persists, the gimbal will need to be sent in for further calibration by our repair team.
We do apologize for the trouble caused, hope the problem will get sorted out soon.
2017-10-12
Use props
fans6197024f
lvl.4
Poland

DJI, what is wrong with You, people?? We need a new update of the firmware, without any issue. I have second X5S now, and it's off center too. Failure firmware since 5 months?? People, You treat us, pro users, as a lower sort of customers!
2017-11-4
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-12 04:10
It is not a firmware issue, it's just we stated before that the gimbal yaw calibration will be added in the next firmware, but it hasn't come yet.
Like our Support suggested, please refresh the firmware and calibrate gimbal, if the problem persists, the gimbal will need to be sent in for further calibration by our repair team.
We do apologize for the trouble caused, hope the problem will get sorted out soon.

Can we please have an update on when the next firmware will be released including gimbal yaw correction? I have been waiting over 4 months now since I purchased the x5s and there has been nothing.
2017-11-7
Use props
fans6197024f
lvl.4
Poland

I got it. And I will share with You, guys. They just don't care They know that there is no competition for them, an that we will buy even failure products from them. My second X5S was in service. And guess what. They want to give me third X5S, ha ha, funny. I will write how it is going, probably it will be off centered to. Anyway, we don't have any other choice, we have to wait for the grace of DJI. There is one way to repair this off centering by doing a calibration of the gimbal with leaning copter, not horizontally. If my third X5S will be off centered too, I will make more test of this way, and I will let You know, guys.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

IntrepidDrone Posted at 2017-11-7 07:07
Can we please have an update on when the next firmware will be released including gimbal yaw correction? I have been waiting over 4 months now since I purchased the x5s and there has been nothing.

Sorry for the late response, the new firmware will be released soon.
Thanks for the patience and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6197024f Posted at 2017-11-7 10:23
I got it. And I will share with You, guys. They just don't care  They know that there is no competition for them, an that we will buy even failure products from them. My second X5S was in service. And guess what. They want to give me third X5S, ha ha, funny. I will write how it is going, probably it will be off centered to. Anyway, we don't have any other choice, we have to wait for the grace of DJI. There is one way to repair this off centering by doing a calibration of the gimbal with leaning copter, not horizontally. If my third X5S will be off centered too, I will make more test of this way, and I will let You know, guys.

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our products.
We do care about our valuable customers and are collecting issue from all channels and working on improving our products.
Sorry to have kept you waiting, please allow us some time to get it improved and thanks for the understanding.
2017-11-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules