Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lstumpf3
lvl.2

Canada

pmshop Posted at 2018-2-22 09:56
All you need is TILE
Light enough for the Spark

Does it work with Bluetooth only, am I right?

Original Post reply:
Threads are coming by and go. Lots of forums I have read like this and it's devastating to read
2018-4-29
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lstumpf3 Posted at 2018-4-29 19:49
Does it work with Bluetooth only, am I right?

Original Post reply:

Yes, and that is not going to work with DJI Products.

A real GPS tracker using 3G data would be required
2018-5-1
Use props
Lstumpf3
lvl.2

Canada

pmshop Posted at 2018-5-1 06:51

I have a friend owning a 3G tracker and he's been using it for years!
2018-5-2
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Jazzflask Posted at 2017-7-9 03:09
Hey hallmark007,

Thanks for the advice. I have uploaded as instructed and the link is as follows:

From what I have seen, you have received errors from the beginning, but you still  continued to fly the drone. You always have to be aware of the messages of the application. When you receive these messages, what you have to do is to immediately get to the ground, not keep flying.
2018-5-3
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-5-1 06:51

you mean trackers like mpolo and trackimo?
2018-5-3
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft
Hungary

Hi All,

I am having an open case with Support on compass/yaw errors, though I am lucky as I still have the AC.

I just wanted to note that even though the log mentions many errors (yaw/compass) the app showed it only ONCE when I check the recording on my pbone.

I kind of lost confidence in tbis product and hope it will be replaced - I still might consider switching to Mavic Air, will see.

Cheers
2018-5-3
Use props
natnatroswell
lvl.3

United States

Ryan Olivas Posted at 2018-5-3 21:21
you mean trackers like mpolo and trackimo?

i dont know about the mpolo but im sure that trackimo uses 3G cellular data.
2018-5-6
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

natnatroswell Posted at 2018-5-6 21:04
i dont know about the mpolo but im sure that trackimo uses 3G cellular data.

well I hope its reliable :/
2018-5-8
Use props
natnatroswell
lvl.3

United States

Ryan Olivas Posted at 2018-5-8 20:33
well I hope its reliable :/

of course it is. there hasn't been any issue nor a malfunction with the trackimo gps.
2018-5-9
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

natnatroswell Posted at 2018-5-9 21:09
of course it is. there hasn't been any issue nor a malfunction with the trackimo gps.

Okay, I hope that's true cause i might purchase one soon...
2018-5-10
Use props
natnatroswell
lvl.3

United States

Ryan Olivas Posted at 2018-5-10 22:12
Okay, I hope that's true cause i might purchase one soon...

its true. a trusted company indeed
2018-5-13
Use props
Robert_PL
New
Poland

Welcome gentlemen.
Today, in the beautiful afternoon, my Spark wanted to feel free and flew away. Unfortunately, I could not find him. After reaching 20 meters in height, I lost control over him, turned to the north and lost sight of him. I used RC and Iphone. Zero control. RTH did not work.
The log shows its route but the GPS record stops at 24 meters and 63% of the battery. I'm from Poland, and here nobody is shooting at drones, which would explain such a sudden loss of record.
This is a new drone, I had it from Friday, a few days and after it.

2018-9-25
Use props
aides
lvl.1
Russia

Hello there,

I never thought it would end up like this but here we are.

Today my Spark drone flew away after about a 3 minute flight, being almost exactly above me (at the Home point) it suddenly showed a Compass error, I tried to manually get it back, but was not able to, it just did not respond to controls and then it lost the connection and transmission very quickly even though I was using an RC. I tried hitting RTH but I think it was too late. I scouted the area where it could probably be, but was not able to find it. I knew at the very last moment I could visually see it it had high speed, but I'm not even sure about the direction.

Here is the flight record on Log Viewer 51JZ2URL0CDP0JCBM903

I had the drone for 1 year and there were no problems like that
2018-10-7
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

aides Posted at 2018-10-7 13:14
Hello there,

I never thought it would end up like this but here we are.

Link is wrong, I think it this one: Log

2018-10-8
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi aides,

You had a IMU exception after compass and yaw errors, even flying in P-GPS (not Sport mode). Open a case with DJI support. They need to replace it.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-8
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

Telemetry definitely is not matching the stick positions.
2018-10-8
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-10-8 03:24
Telemetry definitely is not matching the stick positions.

not mode 2, pitch = updn and v.v.
2018-10-8
Use props
aides
lvl.1
Russia

Wolferl Posted at 2018-10-8 00:31
Hi aides,

You had a IMU exception after compass and yaw errors, even flying in P-GPS (not Sport mode). Open a case with DJI support. They need to replace it.

Thanks for reposting the link! It looks like I can't post URLs here.

Yes, I filled out the form on dji.com/support/product/spark however it doesn't gave any case number or even a confirmation on the email. Does it always work like that? I hope to get at least a note that they recieved my message.

--

Yes, I have a non-default controller mode, however I see now that the telemetry doesn't always match the stick positions. This could be due to some wind though, I think.
2018-10-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

if these fly aways are happening with .1000 firmware DJI knows full well that there is a compass issue right now and they owe you a new drone as they have failed to fully address the issue other than to admit there is likely a compass issue in .1000
2018-10-9
Use props
fans12c14bee
New
United States

My spark flew away on me last week.  I live in Metro Detroit. I had very little hope in finding it.  A week later someone returned it.  It landed in his driveway over a mile away.  He somehow found my house by looking at the memory card.
2019-3-4
Use props
fans12c14bee
New
United States

My spark flew away on me over a week ago.  Living in Metro Detroit I had never expected to find it.  Last Wednesday someone knocked on our door asking if anyone lost a drone.  It landed in his driveway over a mile away.  He figured out where I lived by looking at the memory card.  
2019-3-4
Use props
Tony Reina Hackett
New

United States

mind did also and dji won't take care of me on this
2019-12-16
Use props
Tony Reina Hackett
New

United States

DJI won't help you if ur drone flew away. They won't help me.
2019-12-16
Use props
Tony Reina Hackett
New

United States

my spark flew away and dji won't help me on this.
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_FD6EgzRfyshL
New
Flight distance : 9216 ft
United States

I am still waiting to hear on my fly away from Sunday.  It’ll be a week tomorrow.
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_QqckMzNb0U8V
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39078 ft

Switzerland

seems to be a regular thing that this drone goes fly away
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_KyiU9OoYvD7K
New

Portugal

Hello, my name is João and i’m from Portugal. I received a Dji Yellow Spark, and i used a few times until 07/30/2020 when I took some photos and did 2 intelligent flight videos (dronie and rocket, without any problems) but when started doing an helix one it suddenly lost connection and fell off a cliff, right in front of me. I was shaking all over because i could only see it,  in slow motion, falling off the cliff . The worst part is that i wasn’t able to do nothing because i couldn’t reestablished the connection, although the drone wasn’t far from me (like 7m), so I don’t know what happened and I’m pretty upset with that because i was with my fiancee, and in order not to have any problems with my flight, i even recalibrate the sensors and activated the RTH software before the flight even started. Actually i received the videos but the Spark dind't reconnected, so if someone could give me some kind of explanation for why this happened i would appreciate. This time we were into the wild and there weren’t any people there but if there were, it could have been really dangerous. this is the flightlog phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0DXPW65AVOREVVP1GLET ... Thanks in advance!
2020-8-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_KyiU9OoYvD7K Posted at 8-5 11:30
Hello, my name is João and i’m from Portugal. I received a Dji Yellow Spark, and i used a few times until 07/30/2020 when I took some photos and did 2 intelligent flight videos (dronie and rocket, without any problems) but when started doing an helix one it suddenly lost connection and fell off a cliff, right in front of me. I was shaking all over because i could only see it,  in slow motion, falling off the cliff . The worst part is that i wasn’t able to do nothing because i couldn’t reestablished the connection, although the drone wasn’t far from me (like 7m), so I don’t know what happened and I’m pretty upset with that because i was with my fiancee, and in order not to have any problems with my flight, i even recalibrate the sensors and activated the RTH software before the flight even started. Actually i received the videos but the Spark dind't reconnected, so if someone could give me some kind of explanation for why this happened i would appreciate. This time we were into the wild and there weren’t any people there but if there were, it could have been really dangerous. this is the flightlog phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0DXPW65AVOREVVP1GLET ... Thanks in advance!

Hi Joao,

Had a look at your flightlog ; no indication to be found for the reason why it dropped out of the sky.
All data look normal.

My advice: open a case with DJI support.

cheers
JJB
2020-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules