For those who had issues after/during firmware update
5852 57 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcedrone
New
Flight distance : 27589 ft

Brazil

I have a Phantom 4, and last night I did an available firmware upgrade, I followed the process and the update got stuck at 99%.
I waited about 20 minutes and nothing happened, so I turned off the aircraft and the controller waited a bit and restarted the two.
At this point, it shows the latest firmware installed. But I'm afraid to fly, because the update got trapped in 99%. In addition to the other issues being mentioned in DJI forums, after the recent update.
2017-7-17
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-7-17 03:37
If you havent already email or ph DJI tech support and report your problem - the more people contacting them the more chance we have of getting the various issues with this firmware update looked at,

Good point. Done!!!
2017-7-17
Use props
Crack The Sky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123402 ft
United States

I am sorry for anyone having problems after the recent firmware update, and I certainly have no idea why. I had a effortless & flawless install. Re-calibrated everything just for good measure and have had zero problems on several flights using DJI GO4 & Litchi. Just thought it was only fair to DJI to mention that here.
2017-7-17
Use props
fansad20ecee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5483068 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-12 11:31
Hi Jim

They can be checked in Assistant 2, and will either show update if needed, or refresh if not. I had no other notification apart from that. Of course it could be a 'false positive' on Assistant 2's part. But it certainly recognises those which have been 'updated' against those that haven't.

My Assistant does not give me any clue about my spare batteries. I can´t refresh or re-install this upgrade or  downgrading to last version. Nothing.
Phantom 4
2017-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansad20ecee Posted at 2017-7-17 10:57
My Assistant does not give me any clue about my spare batteries. I can´t refresh or re-install this upgrade or  downgrading to last version. Nothing.
Phantom 4

When you run DJI Assistant 2 and look at the current firmware build level, at the right hand side it will say 'Refresh' if aircraft and Battery firmware are up to date. If so then power down aircraft and insert first spare battery. Repeat as above. If the firmware now says 'Update' then that is an indication that the battery needs updating. Click on update, it takes about 5 minutes to complete.
Your computer should have internet access. And repeat for each spare battery you have.
2017-7-17
Use props
fansad20ecee
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-17 11:11
When you run DJI Assistant 2 and look at the current firmware build level, at the right hand side it will say 'Refresh' if aircraft and Battery firmware are up to date. If so then power down aircraft and insert first spare battery. Repeat as above. If the firmware now says 'Update' then that is an indication that the battery needs updating. Click on update, it takes about 5 minutes to complete.
Your computer should have internet access. And repeat for each spare battery you have.

Thanks for your information. There is something wrong with my Assistant or Phantom. I did what you said, but I wait and wait to see the transmission bar moving, but it stays at 0% all the time, and I abort. Yesterday I have waited more than 15 minutes, and it was at 0%.
2017-7-17
Use props
fansad20ecee
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Yes I did. No response till now
2017-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansad20ecee Posted at 2017-7-17 11:22
Yes I did. No response till now

Are you using latest version of DJI Assistant 2 ?

Can be downloaded from Here if required.

2017-7-17
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

fansad20ecee Posted at 2017-7-17 11:19
Thanks for your information. There is something wrong with my Assistant or Phantom. I did what you said, but I wait and wait to see the transmission bar moving, but it stays at 0% all the time, and I abort. Yesterday I have waited more than 15 minutes, and it was at 0%.

Reboot your PC. Try a different USB cable and a different USB port.
2017-7-17
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-17 12:16
Are you using latest version of DJI Assistant 2 ?

Can be downloaded from Here if required.

I have downloaded yestarday from DJi , its V1.1.2-2
2017-7-17
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-17 12:38
Reboot your PC. Try a different USB cable and a different USB port.

I understand, but it´s the original cable. I use a Mac, and I moved to it´s built-in USB port (not a hub). I will try with a Macbook
2017-7-17
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-7-11 11:21
Downgrade to Android 6 !

In my case didn't help. Didn't matter if Android was 5 or 6.
Only downgrading RC to 1.6 solved that problem.
2017-8-6
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

linflas Posted at 2017-7-9 05:57
I have never had transmission signal issues.  Only issue I have is the same as all Android users, the app just up and shuts off mid-flight, you still have RC connection, so drone will do whatever you want by sticks, but you have to restart the app to get video back ~10 seconds to get back in, annoying but not a deal breaker for me, as this is pure recreation for me.

As for the sun, yes, terrible in light, there is a guy on Amazon/Ebay who makes 3d printed sunshields that fit the shield for $20, works fantastic, I love it.

Would you mind posting a screen of your About menu? I want to compare with mine.
Can you downgrade your RC to 1.6?
2017-8-6
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

MD_Icarus Posted at 2017-7-9 03:54
I gave up using my K1 Shield last year due to bad transmission video.  Did you see an improvement after this upgrade, or did yours work fine prior to the upgrade?

General question is: Is the HD channel changing during flight? Did they add the channel in the logs?  When I used Litchi last year I noticed the channel very seldom changed, even during times I lost video completely.  One would expect the channel should switch once the signal level deteriorates during flight.

Go hasn't crashed at all since the dodgy July updates...they got something right IMO.
2017-8-7
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-7-12 11:13
This brings up a point I have been wondering about.  I have 3 batteries.  Judging from the light patterns on the battery I used while doing the firmware update, it looked to me as if it was updating the battery too in addition to the P4 and remote.  But later when I put my other two batteries in the quad, it didn't give any indication they needed any upgrade.  So, I think I am operating with one updated battery and two batteries still under their older firmware?  Can someone advise me how to make sure that ALL my batteries are up to date?

Thanks,--Jim Watkins

I have that same question, Jim. I updated assistant 2 and went into it, but saw nothing on updating batteries.. I have read in another thread that re-inserting battery 2 into the P4 and "refreshing" the update will do it and so on with battery 3. I have not done that and am not having any issues with the 3 batteries I have. I have also read that if you bring the batteries down to at least 8% and recharge, that will update the battery, but not sure on that one. If someone could or would post how to update the batteries, that would be a plus!!
2017-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Imovetheearth Posted at 2017-8-8 14:03
I have that same question, Jim. I updated assistant 2 and went into it, but saw nothing on updating batteries.. I have read in another thread that re-inserting battery 2 into the P4 and "refreshing" the update will do it and so on with battery 3. I have not done that and am not having any issues with the 3 batteries I have. I have also read that if you bring the batteries down to at least 8% and recharge, that will update the battery, but not sure on that one. If someone could or would post how to update the batteries, that would be a plus!!

When you run Assistant 2 and look at the firmware status for the aircraft; IF the battery needs updating then the firmware status will say 'update', if the battery does not need done then it will say 'refresh' as the aircraft status.

Try this with each of your batteries in aircraft and connected to computer running Assistant 2.

The deep discharge to 8% every 20 charges or so apparently helps 'calibrate' the battery charge indicator. I'm not sure if this is still part of DJIs recommendations in the latest manuals. It certainly does not update the battery firmware.
2017-8-8
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-8 14:09
When you run Assistant 2 and look at the firmware status for the aircraft; IF the battery needs updating then the firmware status will say 'update', if the battery does not need done then it will say 'refresh' as the aircraft status.

Try this with each of your batteries in aircraft and connected to computer running Assistant 2.

Thanx for the info, Aardvark!
2017-8-10
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

The battery think mentioned may be a clue. I had a good flight with Battery I used with the update. But when using a different battery that didn’t indicate an update was required it was an off flight. I’m gonna check firmware of all my batteries to be sure. Will keep u posted.
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules