Using spark with RC is worse than Spark via iPhone
1259 4 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Foxido
New
Russia

Hey there,

I own a Spark for a couple of weeks. Nice aircraft, I like it very much, but controlling it from my iPhone is not that neat the max distance is small, so I decided to buy the remote controller.

The control has been improved drastically, esp the sport mode- the dronie got so rocketing, it flies like crazy. Much of fun.

BUT.

That the heck is going on with the video signal? The video breaks after the distance of 40 meters (120 feet). I tried to control it via my iPhone again and realized, that it's better to use it instead of the RC. What the point of RC then? I can't see what my drone sees.

When I downloading images from Spark when RC is on - the dounloading speed is about 400-700 kb/s, when the RC is off and I download it directly from the drone to my IPhone the dl speed is about 2000-2500 kb/s.

The problem is definetly with the RC. When  will this annoying thing be solved?

Please answer DJI!

{:4_173:}{:4_173:}
2017-7-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some people had luck turning off Bluetooth, I had the same problem but was solved when I used an OTG cable to hook the spark remote directly to my iPad pro
2017-7-9
Use props
r.cicho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118540 ft
United States

connect to 2.4 ghts on the wifi setup.. click on a open channel under the list of channels and how busy they are.... go with one that has a low or no bar... if you did it right the wifi will reset on the screen and then will reconnect... you need to do this everytime you connect to the spark via rc.... give it a shot... this worked for me
2017-7-9
Use props
taimingkoh
lvl.2
Singapore

What's the difference flying at 2.4Ghz vs 5.8Ghz?
2017-7-9
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

taimingkoh Posted at 2017-7-9 06:07
What's the difference flying at 2.4Ghz vs 5.8Ghz?

2.4 has better performance at long distance.
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules