1258 10 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

After Updating New firmware
Video transmission dropout between drone and controller, even at short range of 50 Meter
Before Update The firmware On Same remote Location i fly above 3500  Meter with same Drone never face any video or singal losss issue

2017-7-9
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

^This is why i'll stick to my current FW as long as possible...
2017-7-9
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Im having the same issue. Video transmission is extremely unstable. Its just about unusable. I never had that problem before I updated this morning.
2017-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had one video glitch, blank screen for about three seconds. Only happened once in about one hours total flying.

iPad Pro 9.7" and Phantom 4 with all latest builds.
2017-7-9
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here with iPad Mini 2.  Rarely had this problem before todays update.

I've been doing quite a bit of experimenting with this issue today and have found some repeatable results.
1) The problem does not appear when cold booting everything.  The video transmission is fine, even when flying quite a distance.
2) After a few minutes, the problem appears and gets worse minute by minute.  This indicates to me that it is heat related, probably the heat of the iPad.  Take a break to cool things off, the video transmission problem goes away, until things heat up again.
3) All things being equal, this problem only shows itself on the iPad Mini 2, not on my iPhone 7 Plus.
4) Although this is just a gut reaction (with no evidence)... as soon as I started recording video (rather than just watching on the iPad), the image started hesitating, then soon after started pausing with green and black bars.  I'm thinking that the combination of processing the typical bandwidth of flying, coupled along with recording video and audio to the iPad Mini, might be more than the thing can handle.  The iPad mini 2 is getting long in tooth, and the new DJIGo4 might not be the most frugally scripted app in the world.
2017-7-9
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-9 10:48
Same problem here with iPad Mini 2.  Rarely had this problem before todays update.

I've been doing quite a bit of experimenting with this issue today and have found some repeatable results.

Yeah was about to draw the same conclusion.

My iPad mini 2 ran out of battery (drone was 1,5km away and winds were strong, pretty stupid gamble by myself) so I switched to my Android Phone and the video link was rock solid, sadly the app crashed lol.

I think the mini is underpowered, I'll try dropping recording in cache to lessen the workload but I think it's the end of the road soon for the minis till their next cpu upgrade.
2017-7-9
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Portugal

i am also using Apple I pad
2017-7-9
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Sorry guys but were going to have to wait on ver 4.1.4 and or a firmware update for a fix.
Version 4.1.3 is bad.  Period.
Got my fingers crossed it will happen soon.
RK
2017-7-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Mini 2 doesn't have the CPU power to decode the video stream efficiently - hence the video break-up. The iPhone 7, and perhaps the 6, is adequate. Worthy of note that I tested the Mini 2 with Litchi, and I experienced NO break-up. Litchi always was a leaner, better coded app, but I have to admit to liking the GO Editor. The Editor is handy to use the cached videos to create quick-and-dirty movies to post quickly up to FB while you're on the road.
2017-7-9
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-9 14:21
The Mini 2 doesn't have the CPU power to decode the video stream efficiently - hence the video break-up. The iPhone 7, and perhaps the 6, is adequate. Worthy of note that I tested the Mini 2 with Litchi, and I experienced NO break-up. Litchi always was a leaner, better coded app, but I have to admit to liking the GO Editor. The Editor is handy to use the cached videos to create quick-and-dirty movies to post quickly up to FB while you're on the road.

I've an iPad Mini 4 I was keeping away from the outdoors, I guess it's time to transition to it...Will report back but this seems to  be the culprit indeed.
2017-7-9
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Portugal

Yup till next App or firmware fix cant fly its to bad miss summer flying
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules