Inspire 1 Crash Insurance $6.25 per Month
2325 15 2015-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Hey, has anyone considered getting the accidental "Drops and Spills" protection at purchase?

I don't see why it WOUNDN'T work?
They know exactly what the product is, and they are charging accordingly.
When you break it down $300 for 48 months is only $6.25 per month.

Anyone here see this/consider this? I don't see why not?

(I have a pic, how do I post it?)

2015-3-19
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

I browse to the file, select it, then try to upload but nothing. no progress, no failed, no nothing ???
(kinda like the search button)
2015-3-19
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Hello? No one has seen the protection service for sale on Amazon?
2015-3-22
Use props
boogieman77.gma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-23 07:19
Hello? No one has seen the protection service for sale on Amazon?

Squaretrade?  If so no they will not cover the inspire.  I spent many hours on the phone with them and several emails.  If they over the phone or online sell it to you IT IS NOT COVERED.
2015-3-22
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

No, NOT SQUARE TRADE!.
why in the hell can I NOT post a pic on this site !!!

(again ............ I click on the paperclip, I "browse" to my file on my local machine, I select it, then NOTHING.
WTH is going on here, I see others posting files
2015-3-22
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

boogieman77.gma Posted at 2015-3-23 07:36
Squaretrade?  If so no they will not cover the inspire.  I spent many hours on the phone with them  ...

ok, click on the link please - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... smid=A36VT43W2I07N0

Clearly they know exactly what they're selling right? How would it NOT be covered?
2015-3-22
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-23 07:43
No, NOT SQUARE TRADE!.
why in the hell can I NOT post a pic on this site !!!

It's Warrantech.... They stopped covering DJI products after 9/19/2014 .. This has already been looked into by many of us.   
Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 7.53.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 7.55.17 PM.png
2015-3-22
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-23 07:54
It's Warrantech.... They stopped covering DJI products after 9/19/2014 .. This has already been loo ...

Thanks for the reply Chris, I believe you, but then why is it still available for purchase?
2015-3-22
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-23 07:58
Thanks for the reply Chris, I believe you, but then why is it still available for purchase?

No idea. It's been discussed before on these forums though in detail. Also, you could probably throw a huge argument with Amazon about that issue.  Here is the contact information from SmartGuard/Warrantech though . Maybe you can convince them since IT IS on Amazon.
Warrantech Headquarters
2200 Highway 121
Bedford, TX 76021
local (817) 785-6601
metro (800) 833-8801
2015-3-22
Use props
bobbymanson
lvl.2

United States

Forget Warrentech. They are worthless. I've had to sue them to cover maintenance items on my car.
2015-3-22
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

bobbymanson@me. Posted at 2015-3-23 08:37
Forget Warrentech. They are worthless. I've had to sue them to cover maintenance items on my car.

Thanks Chris and Thanks Bobby - I'll pass on it, (even though a lawyer would make it stick).
2015-3-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

They want your money. Try to sue them, they are counting on people just walking away as the cost of litigation is hardly worth the money they will steal from you.
2015-3-22
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-23 12:33
They want your money. Try to sue them, they are counting on people just walking away as the cost of  ...

You're right, I totally agree, I am walking away. You know what they say about things that seem "too good to be true"
2015-3-22
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

boogieman77.gma Posted at 2015-3-23 07:36
Squaretrade?  If so no they will not cover the inspire.  I spent many hours on the phone with them  ...

Thx boogieman, I know ur just trying to help
2015-3-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Bob, insurance should be for public liability, in my opinion. Sure it's shitty to lose a few grand but hey it's only money, it comes and goes like waves on the shore. But personal injury or worse is really tragic for everyone and no amount of money can repair that. So, again my own opinion yours may vary widely, the best aircraft insurance at this level is a solid pre flight and a good understanding of the aircraft and it's limitations complete with a safety plan.  If you have done that there's a real good chance you will not hurt someone. There has been a few people on this site that have admitted to flying despite having no gps etc. a few have crashed. fortunately so fr non have resulted in personal injury. So I guess I'm stressing the need for due diligence given the reports of undesirable behavior of the current firmware and the fact that the aircraft is still in it's infancy. My understanding is the AMA provides limited liability for amateur use but it wont begin to cover aircraft damage. You may be able to get a rider attached to your home insurance policy or business policy should you have one.  
2015-3-22
Use props
bobbymanson
lvl.2

United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-23 12:33
They want your money. Try to sue them, they are counting on people just walking away as the cost of  ...

I was lucky.  I did it in small claims court and bypassed the lawyers.  But you are right, the cost of entry into the litigation game is too high otherwise.
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules