lvl.4
United States

You cant edit a post after 2 minutes.
2017-7-11
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

State Farm will not want it. You can use it for spare parts. I had an accident where a boat and trailer I was towing were totaled. After 2 weeks, I called the agent and asked what to do with the wreckage. They said I could keep it. I got 100% of the value from the insurance company and then scrapped the boat and sold the motor (4 stroke 15 HP Mercury with 10 hrs. on it) on E-bay for $500. The guy was going to part out the motor and make twice that....at least.
2017-7-12
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

zilla Posted at 2017-7-12 04:56
State Farm will not want it. You can use it for spare parts. I had an accident where a boat and trailer I was towing were totaled. After 2 weeks, I called the agent and asked what to do with the wreckage. They said I could keep it. I got 100% of the value from the insurance company and then scrapped the boat and sold the motor (4 stroke 15 HP Mercury with 10 hrs. on it) on E-bay for $500. The guy was going to part out the motor and make twice that....at least.

Yeap, Im trying to find somebody that will trek through there and get it. Ive got $100 offer up. We'll see if there are any takers. Heck, it may not be too badly damaged.
2017-7-12
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Ive got the local dope head coming to try and get to it. He's real motivated by that $100 im offering. lol
2017-7-12
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

OMG that was a nightmare! Idiot got lost in the swamp. How you get lost with a gps, a phone, and I gave him a pistol, is beyond me. This fool was lost for 3 hours! I almost called 911. He seriously underestimated the situation. He took no water and just blew off my instructions for how to locate it. He would still be out there is it wasnt for the gun. He fired shots so we could find him. I had to call and tell him to shoot the gun, he didnt figure that out on his own. Needless to say, he didnt find it. He said he was right on top of it according to the gps but I find that a little confusing since he clearly didnt know how to use gps. Oh well, I should be getting my new p4 tomorrow, I hope.
2017-7-12
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Heres the entire flight if anyone is interested, or at least most of it. I started recording 2 minutes into the flight. I watched it hovering and jerking around for the first 2 minutes.
2017-7-12
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-12 13:11
OMG that was a nightmare! Idiot got lost in the swamp. How you get lost with a gps, a phone, and I gave him a pistol, is beyond me. This fool was lost for 3 hours! I almost called 911. He seriously underestimated the situation. He took no water and just blew off my instructions for how to locate it. He would still be out there is it wasnt for the gun. He fired shots so we could find him. I had to call and tell him to shoot the gun, he didnt figure that out on his own. Needless to say, he didnt find it. He said he was right on top of it according to the gps but I find that a little confusing since he clearly didnt know how to use gps. Oh well, I should be getting my new p4 tomorrow, I hope.

Just out of interest, why did you think he needed a gun to go drone hunting?

You didn't want it shot out of the trees did you?   He would never hit it with a pistol anyway!

2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-12 13:42

You didn't want it shot out of the trees did you?   He would never hit it with a pistol anyway!

That was probably the humane option, no water , no food.

Edit:- No Drone....

EDIT2:- and no hundred bucks

2017-7-12
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-12 13:42

Snakes and Gators man, snakes and gators. lol

On a lighter note, check should be in the mailbox. Gotta go by my normal house and check the mail. Yay for me!
SF2.png
2017-7-12
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-12 14:04
That was probably the humane option, no water , no food.

Edit:- No Drone....

I gave him $30 for trying. I felt bad for him. He was an hour away from seriously being in trouble.
2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-12 14:38
I gave him $30 for trying. I felt bad for him. He was an hour away from seriously being in trouble.

A nice gesture, very magnanimous
2017-7-12
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-12 14:45
A nice gesture, very magnanimous

Thank you very kindly Sir.
2017-7-12
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-12 14:36
Snakes and Gators man, snakes and gators. lol

On a lighter note, check should be in the mailbox. Gotta go by my normal house and check the mail. Yay for me!

Ahh, I would need a shotgun to hit any of our reptiles!  But if we leave them alone they will leave us alone anyway so we don't need to worry about them.
2017-7-12
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

We have Cotton Mouth Water Moccasins. Very aggressive little *astards.
2017-7-12
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Well I FINALLY got my new p4 ordered. I was going to get a used p4 with 4 batteries and a multi charger but the seller got stupid and asked me if I wanted to buy the extra 3 batteries and the charger. When he sent the pic the price was $800 for everything but I made the mistake of telling him I was waiting on a $1500 insurance check. He though he could be sneaky and try to up the price. I told him I dont do business like that and I wasnt interested. He came back with, "im a man of my word so ill do it all for $800". I said I bet you will but you can keep all of it, I wouldnt buy it now if it was the last p4 on earth. I had to teach his dumb ass a lesson in business ethics. I decided to get a refurb p4 for the same price and I get a full warranty on it. Thats worth more to me than the extra batteries and I could care less about the multi charger. It was a pain in the ass to order it though. I set up a $500 a day limit on my bank account in case somebody gets a hold of my account info the most they will get is $500. I had to up it to $1000 but when I went to order it the card kept being declined. I had to call my bank again and approve international transactions. When I called the bank they said DJI is charging my card $1000, not $799 which is the total cost. I contacted DJI online support and they said that my card would only be ran for the $799. Well, again, dji support doesnt know what their talking about. They ran it for a $1000, not $799. When I checked out the total was $799 and thats what I approved. There was no tax and shipping was free. The total was without a doubt $799 so now I have to find out why they ran my card for more than that. I better be getting a $201 refund quick like!
2017-7-17
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Mine flipped out and crashed after the new firmware update as you can see from loads of posts it's a major problem with the latest firmware update making the P4 virtually unusable
2017-7-17
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

They havent solved the problems yet? Jesus Christ its been 2 weeks!
Why in the hell wont they let us retro back? Im so feed up with dji. Now they want me to send them a  copy of my license or bank statement. That goes against everything weve ever been told about identity safety. Im seriously considering canceling the order.
2017-7-18
Use props
Vincent D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

I'm reading this thread and honestly wondering if it is real.  Guns swamps and firmware.
2017-7-18
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Vincent D Posted at 2017-7-18 19:14
I'm reading this thread and honestly wondering if it is real.  Guns swamps and firmware.

Whats not to believe? You can see the video and the insurance claim. What is it thats so hard to believe?
2017-7-19
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Yay! My new p4 just arrived. Man, it may be a refurb it damn sure looks and smells brand new. Now let see if it flies like it's suppose to. Gotta go get it insured first though. I ain't flying without insurance.
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
2017-7-20
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Just went for the maiden flight. OMG it flew wonderfully! I just didnt update it and flew it with what it had on it. I didnt know that was possible. Until the new firmware is fixed ill stick with what it has. Honestly, it flies better than my crashed p4 before the update. I may just keep it like this until the warranty runs out and then use litchi.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules