wanted: gimbal "landing skids"
1331 18 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tedder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91522 ft
Netherlands

It'd be nice to have something to keep the gimbal from being so vulnerable.
2017-7-9
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Amazon has these available --> Foot Extensions
2017-7-9
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
Netherlands

https://www.aliexpress.com : landgear dji spark

2017-7-9
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-7-9 12:06
Amazon has these available --> Foot Extensions

Thanks for the info, I ordered a set.
2017-7-9
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

i thought about getting something like that on the first few flights.  but honestly after a few flights ill land in my hand/grab it if theres no flat landing area.
i am bit afraid the spark could easily tip over with these landing gears when the ground isnt good enough. dont know if it messes with the vision position system on the bottom as well.
i wouldnt be surpised if the software does freak out when the spark lands, if it can detect that it landed despise its body an sensors are still 10cm up. when landing on the ground or the hand the vps gets mostly coverd...

its too much to worry about. i orderd a gimbal protector for transport and grabland the spark camera facing myself so i dont accidently touch it  when facing away ( easier to fly but not as good to grab).
i only doing this in low wind situations, when the hover is almost perfect with the remote controller without any gesture control acitvated.
lower the spark in a safe hover in front slightly to the side of you  (so the avoidancesystem doesnt freak out to much) turn it around.
carefully place your hand from the side under the spark.
now depends on the wind, skill and handsize either carefully grab the bottom on the sides index and little finger underneath the back and fron arm and the thumb centerd on the other side.
with no wind just put your flat palm under the spark and lower alititude until the motors shut off (pull the altitude stick all the way back until shutoff)
when grabbing pull back on altitude and increase grip until motors shut off.

i use mode2 on my rc, left hand throttle down until shutoff, right hand grabland. scoop your hand a little to give the gimbal room.

bonus for the grabland is the footag of you freaking out while landing, at least the first few times :-)
2017-7-9
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Germany

anyone noticed the gimbal knocks on the body in some extreme movements?
when the spark is on and i tilt it forward (like sport mode full speed) and turn it to the right, the right side of the gimbal knocks on the housing. left side has a hair room but would knock too when rapid direction changes happen.

i dont know if thats a design error (not enough room), faulty assamble (vibration isolator not in perfect position, gimbal to far inside mounted...) or just something broken on my spark.
it had it from the beginning and i didnt think of it to much because i had to much fun flying, and thought the gimbalmotors would counter act. but now im a bit sceptical how much it will damage the gimbal and camera if i keep flying in sport mode
2017-7-9
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-7-9 14:23
Thanks for the info, I ordered a set.

You're welcome.  Let us know how they work once you get them.
2017-7-9
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah these are what you need http://amzn.to/2v1z9aO
2017-7-9
Use props
tedder
lvl.2
Netherlands

Yeah, ordered some of those when they showed up on Ebay. Really want something that just protects the gimbal though.
2017-7-10
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

tedder Posted at 2017-7-10 11:33
Yeah, ordered some of those when they showed up on Ebay. Really want something that just protects the gimbal though.

This is just the thing your looking for http://amzn.to/2t6VUst
2017-7-10
Use props
tedder
lvl.2
Netherlands

Bradders Posted at 2017-7-10 13:52

Doesn't work when in flight.
2017-7-11
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

tedder Posted at 2017-7-11 10:54
Doesn't work when in flight.

Why not. ?
2017-7-11
Use props
Vinniez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2106204 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

kasei Posted at 2017-7-9 16:05
anyone noticed the gimbal knocks on the body in some extreme movements?
when the spark is on and i tilt it forward (like sport mode full speed) and turn it to the right, the right side of the gimbal knocks on the housing. left side has a hair room but would knock too when rapid direction changes happen.

this is happend because the spark only have 2 axis gimbal
2017-7-11
Use props
Vinniez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Indonesia

kasei Posted at 2017-7-9 15:50
i thought about getting something like that on the first few flights.  but honestly after a few flights ill land in my hand/grab it if theres no flat landing area.
i am bit afraid the spark could easily tip over with these landing gears when the ground isnt good enough. dont know if it messes with the vision position system on the bottom as well.
i wouldnt be surpised if the software does freak out when the spark lands, if it can detect that it landed despise its body an sensors are still 10cm up. when landing on the ground or the hand the vps gets mostly coverd...

kasei , what is gimbal proctector looks like ?
2017-7-11
Use props
Vinniez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Indonesia

kasei Posted at 2017-7-9 15:50

2017-7-11
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

Bradders Posted at 2017-7-10 13:52

Mine arrived today. It fits perfectly, less worried about the gimble now!
2017-7-11
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Germany

from the pictures there is way to little room for the gimbal to move, espescially the rotation axis (z).
second, its probably not recommended to put anything on the OAS sensors in front.

i order it just for transport, because in the FMC bag and in an backpack it could get squished a liitlebit.
2017-7-11
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Germany

Vinniez Posted at 2017-7-11 11:16
this is happend because the spark only have 2 axis gimbal

well ill guess thats a part but why dont but a blocker inside to prevent that, best tweak the software so the gimbal motors dont go over a certain point.
i cant imagine its good for the gimbal and camera if that happens a lot
2017-7-11
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Germany

Vinniez Posted at 2017-7-11 11:20

i orderd the one shown in Bradders Link
here its on amazon.com http://a.co/dk8rOqQ

i orderd from amazon.de and it should arrive on friday.

these are pretty generic and you probably can get them on ebay or banggood as well

@Nixtoo
can you confirm these are only for transportation?
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules