Battery not charging on charge hub
8432 8 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0cd2f609
New
Flight distance : 41352 ft
United States

I bought the Spark Fly More combo with the charging hub and additional battery. Both batteries charged fine over the first week but now one of them will no longer charge from the hub. When the offending battery is plugged in the hub indicator turns red and won't charge. The battery does still charge when connected to the Spark. Any one else having issues with batteries charging from the hub?
2017-7-9
Use props
RGSinSC
lvl.2
United States

Not sure if it the same situation, but I have found that the battery taken out of the drone is hot and I get this situation UNTIL I let the battery cool down and then all is well.
2017-7-9
Use props
fanscff030d1
New
Flight distance : 3593 ft
United States

Issue. Just bout my combo and an extra battery. My light blinds green slowly which is good. But when I dock the batteries in not all three charge just one. I've seen it where my did charge all three at once when I first got it now I can't seem to do that. Help.
2017-7-9
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

fanscff030d1 Posted at 2017-7-9 20:37
Issue. Just bout my combo and an extra battery. My light blinds green slowly which is good. But when I dock the batteries in not all three charge just one. I've seen it where my did charge all three at once when I first got it now I can't seem to do that. Help.

Certain circumstances it won't simultaneously charge your battery. I'm not sure what conditions will it change simultaneously or one at a time.
coz there isn't any write up for it
2017-7-9
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Mine does this, but it did end up charging both batteries. If I am not mistaken, the charge hubs for Phantom work such that it will charge the fullest battery first, then move on to the next. The idea is to get you flying again sooner by sending all amps to one battery, instead of dividing the amps. As was pointed out, no literature on this, but I recall this being true for the Phantom 3 hub.
2017-7-10
Use props
Wednesday
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

I am having sometimes the same issue. What looks like to fix the issue, is plug/unplug the battery from the HUB. I was unable to quite reproduce the behavior , but looks like when the battery is almost fully depleted the HUB gets a bit lost. And yes, start charging without any issue if connected to SPARK.
2017-7-10
Use props
Wednesday
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Also: maybe some safeguard there.

3. DO NOT charge battery immediately after flight, because the battery
temperature may be too high. DO NOT charge the battery until it cools down to near room temperature. Charging the battery outside of the temperature range of 15°C-40°C may lead to leakage, overheating, or battery damage.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Wednesday Posted at 2017-7-10 10:22
Also: maybe some safeguard there.

3. DO NOT charge battery immediately after flight, because the battery

The batteries will not charge when too hot. This is a safety feature built-in to each battery. Thanks for the advice, though.
2017-7-10
Use props
fanscff030d1
New
Flight distance : 3593 ft
United States

Hi All. I did read more about the Battery Hub for the Spark after my initial post at the top and learned that you are all right. It will charge the lowest battery first and move onto the other batteries after one is at the same strength or more as the other batteries. It will charge all three if they are all equally low and used. It all makes sense now.

I do wish there was more about this in the manuals vs being afraid that my hub was broken or that I did something wrong. Too much doubt, but I LOVE the SPARK.

Thank you - all
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules