Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
flying indoors
1408 5 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxmann74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745374 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just curious what experience anyone out there has on flying the Inspire 2 indoors. I have a potential job and it's  an indoor flight, but it's a big convention center, or I wouldn't even consider it. Any recommendations/tips?

Thanks

2017-7-9
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
United States

Fly in atti mode
2017-7-9
Use props
jesse_m8778
New
United States

I did an indoor with no gbs.. real sketchy
2017-7-9
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew inside today - large warehouse with high ceilings. Alastair is right - atti mode. It's going to handle much differently because the I2 drifts some after you stop because of atti mode. With some practice, you can counter the drift. Unlike flying with GPS, you have to watch (keep both eyes) on the drone every single minute because you can easily drift into something / someone.

It's also more challenging to fly straight, slow shots - the drone has a habit of drifting up or down as you fly. Practice will help.

I also found that the IR positioning system didn't work well because the floor had no pattern.

All-in-all, I got some great shots today, but if I had to do it over, I would have had my camera operator along. It would be so much easier to focus on the drone while he worries with the camera. Hope this helps!
2017-7-11
Use props
danielwilkie29
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Inspire 2 has collision avoidance sensors on top as well so makes it ideal for indoor and outdoor use, would not recommend flying over people though....
2017-7-13
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Using collision avoidance sensors indoors is problemmatic. It's easy to lose control because the collision sensors overide stick input, especially in a fairly confined space. The sensors have a 30 ft range, implying greater than 60 ft clearance is needed. It would be nice if the sensor range could be optionally dialed back.

2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules