Anybody know anything about DJI repair queue 'position'?
5084 62 2015-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shep941
lvl.2

United States

Ouch! That hurts.

I got this today from my status update request:

"Thank you for your inquiry as to the status of your RMA.

Unless you have received an email from DJI about your repair, there is no update available. The estimated time for normal RMAs to be processed at our facility is 5-6 weeks from the date your product was delivered, not the check-in date. You will be emailed at several key points of repair, and we'd like to remind you of when that will happen:

When your RMA is unpacked and checked into our ticket system
If your RMA has been reviewed and will be a charged repair (ie: not under warranty - you will receive an invoice with this update)
When your RMA has been repaired, flight tested, and packaged to be picked up by a carrier with a tracking number provided (you will receive a list of repairs done and parts replaced with this update)
If you do not have a tracking number provided by the end of the 6th week from when your product was delivered, please call our Customer Service line for assistance. You can reach us Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm PST. If you call in or email for a status update before the end of the 6th week, the customer service representative will not be able to provide any further update than the information seen when you log into Zendesk and check the information on the right-hand side of the check-in/repair ticket

We hope to have your product back soon and thank you for your support of DJI.

DJI Customer Service North America"
2015-4-18
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

yup, same email i got.
2015-4-18
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

My unit was delivered to the repair center on March 23 at DJI. Sit in receiving until it was picked up on March 30 th. have had no updates since I received the email telling me to look in Zendesk. There is no info at all there. Has been three full week and have heard nothing. Went in because the update took out the firmware for the camera.
2015-4-18
Use props
homer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612457 ft
United States

Crap that sucks, You broke yours twice? I have not had mine actually work yet.
2015-4-20
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

March 23rd, You will probably have a status change on Zendesk this week, my unit showed it was repaired. But 2 weeks later an email came that it was repaired and tracking number the same day. My unit is due 04/22/2015, I hope in works. Long wait for something brand new and defective from Day 1.
2015-4-20
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I think I'm going to have to send mine back.  Drone Nerds called today and said they cannot get replacement parts for the gimbal, as DJI won't sell them.  I have a bent yaw arm that holds gimble to platform.
2015-4-20
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

The Good,
My unit is back and it works.

The Bad,
They didn't fix a connector that broke on the 6 wire grey ribbon cable that goes to the camera assembly. Which broke when I was trying to find the problem,  I can still see my shipping tape patch. It was on my repair notes when I sent it in. Not going to even touch until I have to.

The Ugly,
Still going to have to fix it.

Last week I uploaded some of my vids to Vimeo, While flying blind? Well I could see it.
Kind of careless attitude, not altitude when it is already broke.

https://vimeo.com/hoodriver97031
2015-4-23
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Man, after all that and connector not fixed???  Glad you are back up and running.  Mine is scheduled for arrival at DJI tomorrow.  Sigh.
2015-4-28
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

our #2 came back warranty repaired last week after fall from sky:  they did not put in the gimball pins so on first normal landing camera fell off and broke a ribbon cable.  got wire ties on it and fixed cable connector ourselves.    jeesh.
2015-4-28
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Mine has been at DJI since  3/23/15 and have received one email saying it was checked in. No other contact and this Friday is the end of 6 weeks at DJI. They said don't call or contact them till the end of 6 weeks even though the email said 4-5 weeks time was updated to 5-6 week time for repairs. Oh well it is what it is and we can't do anything about it but complain at the time. I own a computer repair company and our turn around time for any repairs is 3 days to a maxim of one week if we have to get parts.  To beat it all I just bought a crashed Phantom 2 plus. Received it. Diagnosed the problems. Ordered parts of eBay , received the parts.. Repaired the Phantom and have been flying it for 2 days now. Still haven't heard if they are even working on my RMA. Sorry DJI but I don't think I am any better than your tech but I just proved something to my self. I did it faster and with no problems doing what you guy should in shorter time.
2015-4-28
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Returns are stacking up at the DJI repair facility, especially now since flying weather has improved nationwide.

2015-4-29
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-29 20:28
Returns are stacking up at the DJI repair facility, especially now since flying weather has improved ...

Just wait until the P3’s start to roll in! Guess by the time I even get an update on mine it will be an antique……..SIGH……
2015-4-29
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Wow, my unit was checked into queue just hours after it was signed for at DJI.  That is a huge improvement over the 7 days it took last time I sent it in.
2015-4-29
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

yorlik Posted at 2015-4-29 08:18
our #2 came back warranty repaired last week after fall from sky:  they did not put in the gimball p ...

Guess I got lucky, one of my Gimbal pin clips, was in the bottom of the box.
2015-4-29
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-4-29 09:29
Mine has been at DJI since  3/23/15 and have received one email saying it was checked in. No other c ...

Do you see any listing or entries in Zendesk. Like, showing the information that was in your email when the unit was checked it in? I gave up trying add a picture to this post. I will send an email with photo, it will come from a outlook address.
2015-4-29
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-30 01:26
Wow, my unit was checked into queue just hours after it was signed for at DJI.  That is a huge impro ...

Maybe if unit is back in the system say last 30 or 90 days and its was a warranty repair. Maybe??
2015-4-29
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

No entries, but it was an escalated RMA due to 2nd return.  It has already been fixed and shipped back to me, get it in 3 days.  If everything is OK with it, I'll say I can't be happier with that service.
2015-5-2
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Had to call DJI support today.Was the end of 6 weeks my plane has been in repair. The response was " repairs completed but we are backed up in shipping units out we are two weeks behind"  Does that mean it will be two more weeks before its shipped. I hope not but we will see.Today is May 2nd. I shipped it to DJI on March 16 th. Good thing I have a 2nd bird.
2015-5-2
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-5-2 17:45
No entries, but it was an escalated RMA due to 2nd return.  It has already been fixed and shipped ba ...

Wow, Do you have a tracking number?
2015-5-2
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-5-2 18:09
Had to call DJI support today.Was the end of 6 weeks my plane has been in repair. The response was " ...

Did you ever get anything on Zendesk? Sent you an email but it failed.
2015-5-2
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Yup, have tracking number.  It is enroute.  Zendesk sent tracking info.
2015-5-2
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

WOW, Any charges for the repair?
Maybe they sent you Roy's unit by mistake.
2015-5-3
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

No charge.  Guess they chalked it up to the plug failure after the last report.  Lucky week for me.  My luck is usually not so good.  Tuesday will be test flight day after delivery hopefully, my one day off!
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules