New firmware for Inspire 1 is Available (10/07/2017)
24401 53 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Inspire01 Posted at 2017-10-19 00:43
The main theme of the whole complain is about the update of the firmware causing malfunction of drons! My camera is brand new, I don't need to look for another brand new camera. Please don't get it wrong. I just don't like they exchanged my plastic box and lens cover. As mine are flawless as you can see in the picture of the item taken when they went into repair.

Sir, I have communicated with Fannie, she is working on your case, please note the email from her later, we still need to confirm something with you.
We apologize again for your frustration and all the trouble has been caused, hope the problem will be sorted out soon. Appreciate your patience.
2017-10-19
Use props
fans77633a48
New
Flight distance : 395656 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-28 01:20
Sorry that the firmware cannot be downgraded, may I know if there is any problem with this version?

Can I not downgrade from 1.11 to 1.10 and if not why not?
2017-10-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

DJI has specifically announced that once upgraded to FW1.11, there is no way back. They don't want people to back out from NFZ and other "safety features". Should always read the fine print before upgrading.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans77633a48 Posted at 2017-10-30 14:46
Can I not downgrade from 1.11 to 1.10 and if not why not?

DTK has explained the reason, sorry for the inconvenience that may be caused.
May I know what problem you are experiencing with the new firmware?
2017-10-31
Use props
fans77633a48
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-31 02:10
DTK has explained the reason, sorry for the inconvenience that may be caused.
May I know what problem you are experiencing with the new firmware?

Im having a no image transmission on my I1 with both the X3 and X5.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans77633a48 Posted at 2017-11-2 05:27
Im having a no image transmission on my I1 with both the X3 and X5.

Can you see the OSD info in the APP like ISO, EV?
Please check if the contact PIN got oxydic or twisty?
In addition, please try to re-plug tightly the 8-PIN gimbal cable. The image transmission will be affected if it is loose.

pin.png
contact.png
2017-11-2
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

id a similar problem,

if the connecter on the back of where you plug in the gimbal (the first image that dji mindy posted) is loose youll have image transmission problems. plug it out, maybe give it a blow of air to make sure its not dusty and plug it back in.

if that doesn't work, check your connectors inside the nose of the aircraft. plugging them out, blowing on them and plugging them back in has solved this problem for me before.
to remove the nose cone, theres the 4 obvious screws on the outside connecting it to the rest of the aircraft, plus 2 more tiny screws that come up from the bottom, right above where you plug in the gimbal (right above where those wires in image 1 are). you need to unmounts the front of the vibration plate to have enough room to get at them really. once the 2 screws are off, the nose will slide straight forwards and youll see a few more connectors in there. unplug and replug them in.

that's solved the issue for me at least.
2017-11-3
Use props
NW-flyer
New
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 2017-7-13 11:39
No sweat. I NEVER update as long as my bird is operating properly. Took a long time to learn that lesson. Have no desire to be a beta tester and find the bugs for DJI.

wish I learned that lesson. So many headaches with the upgrade
2017-11-13
Use props
fans77633a48
New
United States

Ok, finally relented and requested service from dji. Talked to a rep on the phone and explained the problems. Both my X5 and brand new X3 weren't transmitting video. Rep told me if both cameras weren't working it was the ac. I asked if i should send cameras in also. They said no, just ac. I figured i would send the X5 just in case. A week later I get a qoute for all these X5 parts. $310 worth. I called and said I thought it was the ac and not the camera. I argued that I was told it was the ac but to no avail. Paid the money and received the "repaired" X5 and ac today. Threw on the X3 thinking it was fine, but guess what?? No video transmission! WTF?!? Put the X3 on the OSMO and like before, it works! Can someone (DJI Mindy) tell me what the heck is going on? Im beginning to lose faith in DJI.
2017-11-17
Use props
fans77633a48
New
United States

Anybody???
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans77633a48 Posted at 2017-11-17 15:51
Ok, finally relented and requested service from dji. Talked to a rep on the phone and explained the problems. Both my X5 and brand new X3 weren't transmitting video. Rep told me if both cameras weren't working it was the ac. I asked if i should send cameras in also. They said no, just ac. I figured i would send the X5 just in case. A week later I get a qoute for all these X5 parts. $310 worth. I called and said I thought it was the ac and not the camera. I argued that I was told it was the ac but to no avail. Paid the money and received the "repaired" X5 and ac today. Threw on the X3 thinking it was fine, but guess what?? No video transmission! WTF?!? Put the X3 on the OSMO and like before, it works! Can someone (DJI Mindy) tell me what the heck is going on? Im beginning to lose faith in DJI.

Sir, I'm so sorry for the late response and the problem persists.
So the X5 works fine after repairing but X3 right?
Do you happen to provide me the previous case number so that I can check more info about the repair process?
Have you tried to remove the SD card to see if the image will recover?
2017-11-19
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Did DJI list out what has been done and what parts have been replaced? Not just you, I consider it very strange too.
2017-11-19
Use props
fansfe1fba98
New
United States

I tried to download the firmware on my NEW drone because I am not able to fly without downloading it.   I am formatting the card, unzipping the file and placing the bin file in the root directory. When I turn the drone on it starts to beep briefly with the lights blinking red and green and then i get a constant buzz and a red light on the camera. Here is the result that I get from the file. I have been working on this all day with no progress.   ========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect====== Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin Result: Failed. Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.
2017-12-3
Use props
Elwort
lvl.1
Chile

UAViator53 Posted at 2017-7-13 11:39
No sweat. I NEVER update as long as my bird is operating properly. Took a long time to learn that lesson. Have no desire to be a beta tester and find the bugs for DJI.

Your comment its  PURE WISDOM
2019-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules