Goggles with wired connection to controller
2223 13 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaa8bf5e0
lvl.1
United States

Hi,
I am flying now with a wired connection from the phone (iphone 7) to the controller.
I ordered the goggles and I am wondering If there is a way to use the same connection while I am using the goggles. I know that the goggles will be connected to the remote through the mini usb. Is there a splitter I can use ot another method?
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're speaking of the DJI goggles then the answer is no.  You'll have to use the goggles wired to the RC and the phone via WIFI
2017-7-10
Use props
fansaa8bf5e0
lvl.1
United States

Yes, DJI goggles. I hoped there is a some sort of a splitter that can help me enjoy the two worlds...
Thanks for the reply.
2017-7-10
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Connect your iPhone to RC via wifi then iPhone to Goggles via Lightning to HDMI. Since Goggles is 4K use zoom function at Goggles to enlarge iPhone screen size
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There is no really big advantage of using a wired connection... look at 5:50min

2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-10 06:26
There is no really big advantage of using a wired connection... look at 5:50min

https://youtu.be/9G37orw-aFs?t=5m52s

Not sure about this...common sense dictates that ANY wired connection is fast (less latent) then wireless.  I thing the fact that he was flying in an ideal environment may had something to do with the results.  The DJI Techs over on the RC Groups also prefer the OTG cable.
2017-7-10
Use props
fansaa8bf5e0
lvl.1
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-7-10 06:20
Connect your iPhone to RC via wifi then iPhone to Goggles via Lightning to HDMI. Since Goggles is 4K use zoom function at Goggles to enlarge iPhone screen size

Thanks,
What is the benefit of that? I will still have WIFI between the RC and the phone.
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 06:37
Not sure about this...common sense dictates that ANY wired connection is fast (less latent) then wireless.  I thing the fact that he was flying in an ideal environment may had something to do with the results.  The DJI Techs over on the RC Groups also prefer the OTG cable.

Sure is the wired version faster.. about 0,1 sec. A blink with your eyes. For me would this be the prefered type to connect because you need no "splitter". (If this is possible at all)
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-10 07:10
Sure is the wired version faster.. about 0,1 sec. A blink with your eyes. For me would this be the prefered type to connect because you need no "splitter". (If this is possible at all)

Am I to assume that everyone, myself included, that have reported a substantial decrease in video latency are only imaging it?  As I stated, in an ideal environment I think the latency is negligible, but in a "cluttered" WIFI environment the difference is "night & day" .  I have 3 separate wireless networks in my home along with countless other WIFI related devices.  With that said, it is impossible for me to fly indoors and view video without the OTG attached.
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 07:34
Am I to assume that everyone, myself included, that have reported a substantial decrease in video latency are only imaging it?  As I stated, in an ideal environment I think the latency is negligible, but in a "cluttered" WIFI environment the difference is "night & day" .  I have 3 separate wireless networks in my home along with countless other WIFI related devices.  With that said, it is impossible for me to fly indoors and view video without the OTG attached.

Yeah this could be..but i don't want to use a selfie drone in front or inside my house.. And when you use the goggles who cares about the latency on the phone? Normally where you can take nice pictures and selfies or fly with goggles there shouldn't be that much different wifi signals.
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-10 08:24
Yeah this could be..but i don't want to use a selfie drone in front or inside my house.. And when you use the goggles who cares about the latency on the phone? Normally where you can take nice pictures and selfies or fly with goggles there shouldn't be that much different wifi signals.

100% agree
2017-7-10
Use props
fansaa8bf5e0
lvl.1
United States

Giving to this another thought, if the googles are hard wired to the remote, there shouldl be no lag anyway, because the goggles take over and there is no need for the phone. Am I right?
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansaa8bf5e0 Posted at 2017-7-10 10:04
Giving to this another thought, if the googles are hard wired to the remote, there shouldl be no lag anyway, because the goggles take over and there is no need for the phone. Am I right?

That's exactly what Dirk was stating and it would be correct.
2017-7-10
Use props
fansaa8bf5e0
lvl.1
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 10:12
That's exactly what Dirk was stating and it would be correct.

Thanks,. Then problem solved,
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules