Airport Mavic
961 6 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 967267 ft
United States

We are flying out of BNA (nashville) to Denver Colorado on a Mission trip Saturday and I am planning on take the my Mavic with two extra batteries. I have a hard case that holds everything. How would be the best way to carry it on the plane.  I am unsure I can carry on the Mavic, Controler, and three batties. I really would prefer to bring it as carry on.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Should be fine as carryon, whether in their own case or in a larger piece of luggage. I've personally brought much more gear than that in my handheld luggage. Hope this helps.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 967267 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-10 09:03
Should be fine as carryon, whether in their own case or in a larger piece of luggage. I've personally brought much more gear than that in my handheld luggage. Hope this helps.

Thank You it does.
2017-7-10
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

As stated, you should fine w/ the HSC.
Last time I travel, from CA to HI, I have 4 batteries w/ me in HSC w/ MP +1 more in bag....(carry on) no problem.
2017-7-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Make sure to drain batteries to 50% and use fire retardant pouches and plastic cap. Better be safe than sorry!
2017-7-10
Use props
Joelr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579167 ft
United States

I flew from Texas to Hawaii 6 weeks ago and they didn't even open up my Mavic hard case to check contents.  I had 5 batteries and they didn't check either going or on the return trip.
2017-7-10
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I packed everything in the fly more combo in a Lowepro Nova 2 AW bag that was for Nikon DSLR camera with standard zoom lens.  I still had room for a little more, and didn't use the outside web pockets.  I went through TSA without even a blink on their part.  I was sure they would want to see it as it obviously didn't look like a camera.  Did you check the carry on size allowed by the Airline?  A camera bag like I have counted as a "personal item", allowing me to still bring on my "carry on bag".  Arizona in the spring/fall/winter is real nice.  LiPO batteries are listed at TSA, but Mavic size are still good to go Carry On only.
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/all   You should check this out.  It says check with airline on Drones.  If this is the general page, search with "batteries" as your search term, to get what I saw.
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules