Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phone won’t connect through DJI GO APP
7738 10 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

First, sorry if I hijacked other threads with my Mavic issues.

My Story - I started flying my new Mavic with an iPhone 5s. The drone flew beautifully with no issues for the first month or so. Then, I started having connection problems, the App wouldn’t connect. I tried different ideas and read about similar issues. Eventually, the phone stoped connecting all together and nothing I’ve tried since has resolved the issue. Thinking that it might be my old phone, I even used the Mavic as an excuse to buy a new iPhone 7 that I didn’t need.

I’ve tried up and down grading the FW with DJI assistant 2
I’ve tried an iPhone 7, iPhone 5s, and an iPad mini2
I’ve tried DJI’s cables, Apple cables and after market cables
I tried the Litchi app
The latest DJI GO update didn’t help
I’ve signed in and out of the app

The drone will fly in RC mode with only the remote controller but the app won’t connect and I can’t see what I’m doing.
The drone will fly in WiFi mode but I’m very limited in range and speed.

Any help or suggestions is very welcomed.
Looking to fly again in SW Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU8P1sXhhtDENLj4n3Ffwqw

2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like its an input port type of issue on the RC.  Have you tried both ports (i.e. mini & usb)?
2017-7-10
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2

United States

Yeah, I've tried both ports making sure the other wasn't still connected to the RC.
2017-7-10
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-7-10 15:59
Yeah, I've tried both ports making sure the other wasn't still connected to the RC.

Not sure when you are opening the app but try at different times. By that, I mean start the RC and Mavic and then open the app. If that doesn't work, start the RC, open the app, start the Mavic. Or start the app, then start the RC and Mavic.
When you open the app, does it recognise that a Mavic is connected or do you have to select that?
2017-7-10
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2

United States

Hey Jenee

I've tried all different combinations of start up. The app never recoginises the Mavic, at start up or when I select it.  
2017-7-11
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Sounds to me like you've done everything you can -- I think it's time to send the RC back. ;(
2017-7-11
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

What about refreshing the firmware in the RC? I assume since you can do so with the Mavic, it can also be done with the RC? Grasping at straws here.
2017-7-11
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2

United States

Hey Ex,

I've up and downed the firmware on the Mavic with no luck through the DJI assistant 2. The assistant won't recognize the remote when I try and update it.
The remote still works with the drone in RC mode, it just won't work with App.

A new remote is about $300. Don't know a new RC will solve my issue.
2017-7-11
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-7-11 16:55
Hey Ex,

I've up and downed the firmware on the Mavic with no luck through the DJI assistant 2. The assistant won't recognize the remote when I try and update it.

Ok, I can connect to my RC via DJI Assistant, so the fact that you can't suggests that the USB circuit is non-functional. I've looked around for a hardware factory-reset for the RC but have had no luck. I would open a support case with DJI and maybe they can give you the reset instructions should they exist and/or have you send it in if that still doesn't wake up the ports.

Good luck.
2017-7-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-7-11 14:29
Hey Jenee

I've tried all different combinations of start up. The app never recoginises the Mavic, at start up or when I select it.

Have you tried to relink the RC to the Mavic? I know it works in Wifi mode but if you change it back to RC mode and try the linking it may do something to open the usb ports.
2017-7-11
Use props
SkyToph
New

I had a similar problem with my iphone 5s.. tried everything. I did a software update for the iphone and now my phone works!
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules