7775 17 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa7587510
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1108150 ft
Malaysia

Hi,

I've shot a number of footages on my P4P a week ago and currently trying to compile them using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Some of the footage gets imported without issues, some have the File Import Failure : The File has no audio or video streams - (A low level exception occured in ImporterMPEG (Importer:39)) Please refer to the screenshot.

It seems to happen to certain files only, i have no idea why...

Can anyone please advice?

I have tried using ffmpeg and handbrake to convert the MOV file to MP4 and then import into Premiere Pro again and it works... but the conversion process have degraded the video quality tremendously... from the 800++MB MOV file the converted MP4 file is less than 30MB...

I would prefer to import the original MOV file straight from the SD card into Premiere in order to retain the quality...

Please help!!!

Jesse

Import failure

Import failure
2017-7-11
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

You can try the best DJI Phantom 4 Pro video converter.

> This 4K h.265 converter enable you to transcode video of Phantom 4 Pro in H265 to a format more suited to editing videos even on lower spec PCs and keep original 4K resolution. It needs a lot more space for transcoding.

> This software supports resizing video of Phantom 4 Pro in H265 from 4K to 1080p (full HD) and simultaneously save it with editable format like ProRes. In This will speed up a lot of processing the video in the editing software and also lesser PC powerful can work good.

> Join multiple Phantom 4 Pro H265 videos into one. If you format the SD card in fat 32 the video recording limit in size stops at 4GB or so, then because of the file system tree instead of a single video you will find more multiple videos each of 4GB, to merge 2 or more Phantom 4 Pro H265 format files in one final video, you can also apply Brorsoft Video Converter with its "Merge into one file" function.

> Convert P4P H.265 to Windows Media Player, YouTube, etc friendly format for easier playback and sharing. Not all media players yet support fully the H.265, YouTube and Windows Media Player do not support h.265. It is useless to play or send a video of Phantom 4 Pro in H265 on Windows Media Player, Youtube because it is not recognized. This powerful Phantom 4 Pro h.265 decoder brings you a smooth H.265 conversion process.
2017-7-11
Use props
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

I'm using the 2017 update (which it appears you have) and h.264 and I have not had any problems since the update. I've tried both MP4 and .MOV Files with the same results. No problems. I usually shoot in 4K\60fps (so I can zoom and other effects) but have also done 1920\120 (slow motion) and have not had any issues there either. I always create proxies immediately when importing so I can scrub smoothly. I have not however used H.265 so that may be the variable.

I like the converter idea and may try that as well.
2017-7-11
Use props
fansa7587510
lvl.1
Malaysia

jsantacroce\@hv Posted at 2017-7-11 01:59
I'm using the 2017 update (which it appears you have) and h.264 and I have not had any problems since the update. I've tried both MP4 and .MOV Files with the same results. No problems. I usually shoot in 4K\60fps (so I can zoom and other effects) but have also done 1920\120 (slow motion) and have not had any issues there either. I always create proxies immediately when importing so I can scrub smoothly. I have not however used H.265 so that may be the variable.

I like the converter idea and may try that as well.

Hmm... something wrong with my PC then? I'm using h.264 only too... Not sure if reinstalling windows/premiere pro would solve the issue...
2017-7-11
Use props
Damjo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 324826 ft
United States

I had to install Apple Quicktime to get it to work with Premier 2017.
2017-7-11
Use props
brunocardoso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 465827 ft
Brazil

I'm using h.265 and to import them to Premiere CC 2017, you just need to rename .mov files to .mp4 and drag and drop into your project. No conversion needed
2017-7-11
Use props
fansa7587510
lvl.1
Malaysia

I actually went to buy a new notebook to try to solve this, freshly installed Premiere Pro CC, and same issue... same error messages... have also tried renaming .mov to mp4 but it doesn't work... can i post the video here and you guys try importing it? I'm out of ideas how to resolve this now...

Here's the link (the shortest clip i have is this 485MB file.. https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArpdZcNh23nSkBX9MUqPcNmkm1ns
2017-7-12
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I've had this happen before, I believe it's an error that occurs in the go app while recording corrupting the file, I don't know of any fix.
2017-7-12
Use props
brunocardoso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 465827 ft
Brazil

fansa7587510 Posted at 2017-7-12 07:17
I actually went to buy a new notebook to try to solve this, freshly installed Premiere Pro CC, and same issue... same error messages... have also tried renaming .mov to mp4 but it doesn't work... can i post the video here and you guys try importing it? I'm out of ideas how to resolve this now...

Here's the link (the shortest clip i have is this 485MB file.. https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArpdZcNh23nSkBX9MUqPcNmkm1ns

Please, check the folowing: Importing Video.
I downloaded your video and just imported into my Adobe Premiere CC.
2017-7-12
Use props
fansa7587510
lvl.1
Malaysia

brunocardoso Posted at 2017-7-12 19:12
Please, check the folowing: Importing Video.
I downloaded your video and just imported into my Adobe Premiere CC.

Hi brunocardoso!

Noted you are on the Mac platform... I'm on the windows platform... any advice on what I can do?

i saw the video you made, thanks! on my windows pc, if i were to drag and drop it in like you did, the same error pops up... if i add in using the dialog box, the same error also pops up...
2017-7-13
Use props
monica66
lvl.2

China

christing Posted at 2017-7-11 01:10
You can try the best DJI Phantom 4 Pro video converter.

> This 4K h.265 converter enable you to transcode video of Phantom 4 Pro in H265 to a format more suited to editing videos even on lower spec PCs and keep original 4K resolution. It needs a lot more space for transcoding.

Much helpful!  Thank you so much~
2017-9-12
Use props
Farmer_mapo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878373 ft
South Korea

i got same problem, sometimes mov,mp4 file not importing into Premiere cc.. it make me crazy
2018-1-22
Use props
MIRA Sardegna
lvl.1

Italy

Same appened to me after a premiere update. And even after a downgrade the problem remais. It appears olso in older premiere project so now many old works are corrupted! It's a mess!
Many says to convert the clip with an external source but that's crazy!
The strange think to me, is that premiere refuse just some files not all! I.E. I got two files shoted the same day with the same settings and almost same size.....one is good but not the other....there's no apparent reason for that. And it doesn't happen always....yesterday night I was working with file n°6 and today I got the error message.....
I'm going crazy!
2018-3-3
Use props
Frank Biganski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127887 ft
United States

Who knows why, but I re-named the files that wouldn't import and it corrected the problem however, that caused the other 6 clips not to import.
This is not an issue with P4P shooting 4k h.264, but rather an issue with Adobe Premiere itself.

The "problem clips" import without any issue into DaVinci Resolve 14 and 15 beta without any problem.  The only reasonwhy I just started to use Adobe again, is because DaVinci is a little lagging with 4k video unless one "optimizes" the video.  But using DaVinci optimizer creates huge 350GB cache files from 20GB of original footage, so that's hurtful.  But the optimizer kicks butt and makes the 4k video liles play back 1000% flawlessly!

My video clips were shot at on the P4P Advanced at 4k 1920x1080p 29 fps h.264, Windows8.1 operating system.

2018-5-7
Use props
Frank Biganski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127887 ft
United States

Frank Biganski Posted at 2018-5-7 15:49
Who knows why, but I re-named the files that wouldn't import and it corrected the problem however, that caused the other 6 clips not to import.
This is not an issue with P4P shooting 4k h.264, but rather an issue with Adobe Premiere itself.

I also just found out that I could render and save the "problem clips" using DaVinci, and then they would import into Premiere.  
2018-5-8
Use props
Ritchie.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3404964 ft
Netherlands

i have had the problem aswel in premiere pro cc 2018 on some h265 files h264 seems fine but i have also noticed when playing the vile in vlc 3.0 that ther would be digital blacks in the start of the video so it might be that the file is damaged i have had in in 2 of the 23 files i shot in h264 in the pic you can see it a bit it last for about 1 second and then it runs fine in vlc

https://imgur.com/a/OOsVk55
2018-5-8
Use props
djmokoia77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451627 ft
United Kingdom

I've had exactly the same issues with some files. I have found that I can transcode the files using AME (why AME will open them when Premiere won't, I don't know):

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1313731
2018-5-8
Use props
clognion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240135 ft
United States

THIS IS THE FIX...   I completely re-installed my operating system and software twice before finding the simple fix.  Make sure you uncheck this box.
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules