Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who has received dji spark this week and not had any problems?
1602 27 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just wondering how many of you have received your spark this week and found no problems with it. Eg erratic behaviour?
As I have been hearing lots of problems with the spark. So a simple survey could be interesting
Thanks in advance
2017-7-11
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Well naturally we are going to hear more problems on the forums as this is were people come with problems. My Spark FLymore comes today I'll tell you more once I get it and my experience. I think right now the spark is new and is going to have issues. These issues will most likely be ironed out with updates.
2017-7-11
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jack_Sweeney Posted at 2017-7-11 02:42
Well naturally we are going to hear more problems on the forums as this is were people come with problems. My Spark FLymore comes today I'll tell you more once I get it and my experience. I think right now the spark is new and is going to have issues. These issues will most likely be ironed out with updates.

Yes I know what you mean. Let me know how you go on?
2017-7-11
Use props
NewtonLeWilows
lvl.1
United Kingdom

over a week just a few flights, no problems but I`ve not dived in and tried everything, Taking it easy till I get used to it, took it with me to see my sisters who I haven`t seen for years went to a local beauty spot put the drone up in seconds and we all wave it looked great, that's what the spark is about so small and quick to set up for the quick snap or vid.
2017-7-11
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-11
Use props
Its_Big_Dee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266024 ft
United States

I've had mines over a week and everything has been good so far. I haven't tried out all the features yet but I will today since I'm off.
2017-7-11
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its_Big_Dee Posted at 2017-7-11 04:58
I've had mines over a week and everything has been good so far. I haven't tried out all the features yet but I will today since I'm off.

Good let me know how you get on?
2017-7-11
Use props
ArthurL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 784669 ft
Malaysia

Just got mine over the weekends, flew a total of 13 flights as of now, didn't really went too far, but manage to get to 120m altitude without any signal loss/lags at all, I'm impressed with it So far there's no problem at all, haven't tried the quickshots, but will do soon
2017-7-11
Use props
fans2bd2fa90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8097 ft
Netherlands

i have 4 flights till now and so far ,so good.
2017-7-11
Use props
fans2bd2fa90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8097 ft
Netherlands

i have 4 flights now and so far so good, i have the fly more combo.
2017-7-11
Use props
kitia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8556 ft
Finland

So far so good!
2017-7-11
Use props
Euro7r
lvl.2
Canada

No issues on my end.  One flight so far and everything working smoothly.  This is my first drone and I am a noob, pretty cautious of what I do.  
2017-7-11
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looking promising so far from your flights. I won't be able to test mine until next Monday
2017-7-11
Use props
DGold21
lvl.1
United States

Fly More combo ordered directly from DJI, received last Friday. So far so good, no issues with connectivity, range or cutouts. It did lose me once on follow in gesture mode and I had to grab RC. Tested all quickshots and they seemed to work fine, although Dronie didn't gain much if any altitude (as others have reported). Still building my confidence in the aircraft, and look forward to firmware updates.
2017-7-11
Use props
Balzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1070256 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Got the Flymore Combo yesterday and so far have had zero problems. Were I life, it is currently pretty stormy but the spark has been performing more than alright considering the conditions. I hope it stays this way, but as of now i have no complaints.
2017-7-11
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad to hear it
2017-7-11
Use props
Nick Davis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232858 ft
United States

I have had mine for a couple weeks now (no controller) and have flown it many times both via Gesture control and with my iPhone 7 Plus.  I have to say it is definitely buggy and I hope DJI gets an updated firmware soon.  The Gesture control is very buggy and only seems to work in specific lighting conditions like no direct sunlight.  I have had only a few times that it actually worked as advertised and most of those were in shady areas or times just after the sun had set.  I have tried it several times and sometimes it will register me and when I give the wave fly away gesture it will fly up and away but then it appears not to register any subsequent gestures including the Y beckon command.  Therefore I cannot get it to come back and either have to whip out my phone and connect to the wifi or in one instance it went into battery low RTH and climbed to 150' and returned to takeoff point only about 30' away and slowly descended.

The Quickshot modes are also a little buggy.  Many times the aircraft has stopped the Quickshot in the middle of it for a reason I do not understand.  The dronie doesn't climb as much as it should (thi should be pilot programmable).  Rocket mode seems to work the best out of all of them probably because it doesn't fly away from you very far (just straight up).  I'm hoping the remote control helps iron out some of these issues as well with much better range.  I should say I have got some cool Quickshot videos successfully.  Quickshot works much more often than the Gesture control!

Also apparently without the remote controller the drone will not allow you to go beyond 100 meters from takeoff point.  This basically makes Active Track follow me mode useless as it will only track a subject for a short distance even if you have your phone with you.  I tired this and it just stops at 100 meters and says max flight distance reached.  It should be set to only go as far as it can before the wifi signal from your phone drops to a preset level.

Other than that it seems to fly around via phone control and take manual photos and videos pretty well.
2017-7-11
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for your input
2017-7-11
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-11 02:53
Yes I know what you mean. Let me know how you go on?

Works really good only problem i had was trying to get it go far out in gesture mode
2017-7-11
Use props
Karlito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139948 ft
Canada

Flown 8 times no issues
2017-7-11
Use props
fanscf4ac92e
New

I tried a simple flight of up and down and a few meters(not more than 20meters) of flying away from my location and i am getting disconnected from the spark. Though it comes back after a while, it is very annoying.
2017-7-11
Use props
LintStalker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36588 ft
United States

I received mine about a week ago and I've flown it a few times a day, nearly every day from then.  At first the DJI application seemed to crash a few times, but I started using Airplane mode and I turned off a gesture on the finger print scanner that someone from one of the forums that I follow suggested (I'm on this forum, the DJISpark sub on Reddit, and SparkPilots).   I've watched many Youtube videos, before trying most of the stuff that the Spark will do so I don't get any surprises.   I also bought a OTG cable, which works, but I think wifi (with everything else off) works well.

When I first tried gesture mode, the sun was directly behind me, and Sparky kept failing to recognize me.  I turned so that the sun was to my side, and recognition worked fine.  It launched from hand and I was able to control it with my hand.  I also had my RC on and ready in case there were problems.  I was also in a large field with plenty of room.  Since then, I have launched and recovered into my hand several times.  I haven't had a chance to "wave it away", but I was able to take a few selfies.

So far, I am very happy with my purchase.
2017-7-11
Use props
Its_Big_Dee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266024 ft
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-11 07:24
Good let me know how you get on?

It's been great I tried all the quick shot functions. The only one that worried me was the dronie it went back and high enough but I got nervous like it was about to run into somebody's house , but it stopped and came back
2017-7-15
Use props
meepmeep
lvl.1
United States

i got it just over a week ago (8 days) and I've had no issues.
2017-7-15
Use props
AKentphoto
lvl.1
United States

Flown many times and have reached 340m distance.  No connectivity issues.  It has gone to sd a couple times but no complete drops.  About 20 flights...
2017-7-15
Use props
Verolandia
New
Italy

I am worried as the signal WiFi does not work anymore after the 4th figlht.even though changing telephone I cannot browse see or locate any spark DJI's WiFi so I cannot fly. what can I urgently for to solve the problem?
2017-7-15
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

I have had mine for over a month and haven't had any problems. Just got my RC on Friday and also has not been any problems. Taken it so high and so far with no drop outs. Great unit and couldn't be happier!
2017-7-16
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

None at all. Firmware solid, performance solid, range solid for what I'm using it for, testing sport mode out today. I find it hard to understand why so many people are having issues.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules