2091 16 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc3908242
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97139 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

So a few days ago my i flown my spark and then he started getting errors of gps and compass, lost vision and just flew away, i could only see how he goes far away from me and couldn't do anything... i contacted dji, also uploaded log, here it is:http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ZNBSWGJDUY5IU634GVSW/

maybe you know what happened? what could i expect from DJI? Thanks
2017-7-11
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

You didn't notice these errors before actually taking off?  8 seconds int the proccess you received Max Altitude Approached. Wait for the GPS satellite signal recovery before ascend.
2017-7-11
Use props
rachas
lvl.1
  • >>>
Lithuania

i wasn't going somewhere till it catched gps. As you can see by the speed and everything...
2017-7-11
Use props
rachas
lvl.1
  • >>>
Lithuania

2017-7-11
Use props
rachas
lvl.1
  • >>>
Lithuania

/Users/erikrachinstein/Downloads/IMG_5091.PNG
2017-7-11
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Why did you switch to Sport mode before you had a GPS lock?
2017-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

There are some definite pilot errors here, you took off without gps , your RC would be screaming a warning not to take off and that you were in Atti mode, once you took off in this mode you should have been at least able to control your AC , I would surmise you didn't have any experience.

It looks to me you had compass problems on the ground before you took off, you could have been launching from rebar concrete or metal objects near by.

This would have effected your gps and caused deep conflict between what you might have been commanding your AC to do, and actually what it was doing, your aircraft eventually landed when it lost signal for 15 seconds.

You never mentioned if you found it and if it was ok, if you did I recommend you read this thread.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-7-11
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-11 11:28
There are some definite pilot errors here, you took off without gps , your RC would be screaming a warning not to take off and that you were in Atti mode, once you took off in this mode you should have been at least able to control your AC , I would surmise you didn't have any experience.

It looks to me you had compass problems on the ground before you took off, you could have been launching from rebar concrete or metal objects near by.

There are some definite pilot errors here...that's an understatement.
2017-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-11 11:30

I should have said Fatal.
2017-7-11
Use props
rachas
lvl.1
  • >>>
Lithuania

No i didn't find it.. it's lost. If i would find it i wouldn't be opening this thread. I took of and waited for a gps signal, when it caught the signal and showed green then i flew further on a sport mode, and then it started to do strange things, and the problem was not near the ground when i started flying, but when i flew up and then the problem started at it lost the controll. The compass and everything on the ground and near was fine.
2017-7-11
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

You took off with zero satellites....tough lesson learned I guess.
2017-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

rachas Posted at 2017-7-11 12:36
No i didn't find it.. it's lost. If i would find it i wouldn't be opening this thread. I took of and waited for a gps signal, when it caught the signal and showed green then i flew further on a sport mode, and then it started to do strange things, and the problem was not near the ground when i started flying, but when i flew up and then the problem started at it lost the controll. The compass and everything on the ground and near was fine.

Your total inexperience really shows in what you write.

You were 80 feet in the air before you received enough satellites. You don't take off and wait for gps you get gps then take off. You got a warning at 14 feet not to go any higher, yet you continued .

Your spark landed 250 feet away from you unless you were not able to see it or its direction , you should have been able to find it.

Can you tell me what you done to check compass on the ground.
2017-7-11
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I believe that there might be a language barrier between us and the OP.  Yes its very unfortunate that @rachas has possibly lost his Spark, but hopefully he fully understands what he did wrong.
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the mishap, would you please provide me your case number? We will help to analyze, thanks.
2017-7-11
Use props
rachas
lvl.1
  • >>>
Lithuania

The case number is:
CAS-774805-N8R1M4

Thanks!
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

rachas Posted at 2017-7-12 01:08
The case number is:
CAS-774805-N8R1M4

We have forwarded the info to data analysis team, will help you handle it soon and let you know the result, thanks for your patience!
2017-7-14
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-11 11:30

Yes. I totally agree. Issues and post like this give the rest of us a bad name when we have a legitimate fly-away situation. Which years of piloting and I can say has never happened to me once.
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules