32363 56 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-8-6 22:49
I have the iPhone equivalent of this cable http://amzn.to/2wm6E9o works perfectly no settings changed

I have that cable, too, but I found it will only connect if I wait until AFTER the red LED light on the controller turns solid.  If I have the cable already plugged in when I power up, or if I try plugging in the iPhone before the LED turns solid red (or solid green), no-go.
2017-12-9
Use props
suds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45030 ft
Australia

Well I had the same issues with my HtcM8,Nexus 6p and my pixel 2. I read somewhere that cables work one way. And connected them the other way round and it worked. So I connect the phone n RC with the cable that came with the pack. USB end connected to the RC with an adapter. Turn on the RC and wait for the light to turn complete red. At this point the RC should be charging your phone. Tap on the DJI app and it should say connected. Turn on the spark now and everything should be connected. For the app to open automatically when u connect the cable. Go to Settings-Apps& notification-DJIGO4-open by default- clear defaults. Reconnect the cables and it will come up with the option. Hope this helps.
2017-12-29
Use props
TonySpark1
New
United States

Been going crazy with same problem.... FINALLY fixed:  Used the WHITE USB cable that came with the Spark and it connected.  Then received a Pop-up message from phone (Samsung Galaxy J7) asking if I want DJI 4 App to run by Default when USB connected.  Obviously, I said "Yes."
2017-12-31
Use props
TonySpark1
New
United States

Maybe I'm late to the party and there's a "Fix" somewhere in this thread, but thought I'd share what FINALLY worked for me.....   Literally just tried using the WHITE USB cable that comes with the Spark and it connected.  I immediately received a Pop-up message on phone (Samsung Galaxy J7) asking if I want DJI 4 App to run by Default when USB connected.  Obviously, I said "Yes."  Hope this helps someone who's still struggling with this extremely aggravating problem.  
2017-12-31
Use props
Snitzy
lvl.1
Australia

MY issue is, the phone charges the RC, galaxy S8 plug on one end and micro slot on the other, not link in the middle, did i get the wrong adapter?
i also get a drop down message saying "unable to access thsi device, connected device needs an external power supply"
2018-1-3
Use props
XDevil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 531 ft

Do any of you guys lost the altitude and distance meter when using OTG? As well as the satellite satellite icon not showing active?
2018-3-22
Use props
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Snitzy Posted at 2018-1-3 23:22
MY issue is, the phone charges the RC, galaxy S8 plug on one end and micro slot on the other, not link in the middle, did i get the wrong adapter?
i also get a drop down message saying "unable to access thsi device, connected device needs an external power supply"

The direction of the cable matters. You must connect the OTG cable to the Remote Control then the regular USB to the phone.

Happy Landings!
2018-3-22
Use props
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

XDevil Posted at 2018-3-22 17:15
Do any of you guys lost the altitude and distance meter when using OTG? As well as the satellite satellite icon not showing active?

If you're on Android the OTG cable does not work fully with any app version after 4.1.15. And DJI never supported it officially for any of those versions either.

There are ways and places to learn how to install a previous version of the app, just Google it.

Happy Landings!
2018-3-22
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

If the RC is just charging when you plug it to phone, just reverse the plugs. The OTG cable should be in the RC, and the data cable should be in the phone
2018-3-22
Use props
TheMasterMann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3927 ft
Denmark

Problem with White cable, its connected to the RC first, and Drone is "on" , and RC remote is "ON", and Green. Start my phone Nokia 7, and Using the updated version of DJI Go4. then i connect the RC remote begin charting, but i can see i have a INFO with USB is charcing but can´t "stop the charging".. not even then press cancle
OTGCrap.jpg
2018-7-15
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft

Frankwatt Posted at 2017-9-23 13:45
The same problem for me:
- I'm using a Galaxy S7
- I've tried 3 OTG connectors / cables

I have an S7 and it works fine even on 4.2.20! I can only suggest that it is the order you are booting up..
Switch phone to aurcraft mode
Spark on
RC on
When connected
Plug in OTG in phone and then OTG end into zRC
Run DJI Go.
2018-7-15
Use props
Originalsuki
New
Flight distance : 1460 ft

Donalbain Posted at 2017-7-11 13:02
OK, it's confirmed, I am stupid (at least a bit): I didn't know that the direction of the OTG-cable I use (micro-USB-male to micro-USB-male) is important. I swapped the plugs and now it works!

The one labeled OTG has to go into the RC.

FFS! All the searching I did and your simple explanation is what I was looking for. /sigh
Thank you so much for posting the info!!
2018-7-18
Use props
Paddy_124
lvl.1

TonySpark1 Posted at 2017-12-31 14:35
Been going crazy with same problem.... FINALLY fixed:  Used the WHITE USB cable that came with the Spark and it connected.  Then received a Pop-up message from phone (Samsung Galaxy J7) asking if I want DJI 4 App to run by Default when USB connected.  Obviously, I said "Yes."

when i connect the cable, i also see the pop-up message but it keeps "popping in and out" and i cannot click it... sound weird i know. and it kind of freeze my cellphone (Samsung A5)
It's like it's connecting-disconnecting-connecting-disconnecting and it does this continuesly.
I checked the status of the cable,  the white ones and the OTG. Also the entry port on the RC and all work fine, it's not a "physical connecting issue".
Any ideas?
2018-7-23
Use props
mario23
lvl.1
United States

Paddy_124 Posted at 2018-7-23 11:11
when i connect the cable, i also see the pop-up message but it keeps "popping in and out" and i cannot click it... sound weird i know. and it kind of freeze my cellphone (Samsung A5)
It's like it's connecting-disconnecting-connecting-disconnecting and it does this continuesly.
I checked the status of the cable,  the white ones and the OTG. Also the entry port on the RC and all work fine, it's not a "physical connecting issue".

This is the issue I'm having with my Galaxy S2 tablet.
The same connection works fine on my Galaxy phone.
2018-8-9
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

@mario23 and @Paddy_124,

Please start a new thread describing your issues.
The OP was from July 2017.
Many different firmware updates between now and then.
What caused their issues not to connect will be much different than yours due to firmware upgrades.
2018-8-9
Use props
David Borscheid
New

United States

Frankwatt Posted at 2017-9-23 13:45
The same problem for me:
- I'm using a Galaxy S7
- I've tried 3 OTG connectors / cables

I'm happy with my Spark but when I try to connect to my Galaxy S22 with a cable it doesn't connect. The cable works good when transferring pictures from the Spark to my phone.
3-26 15:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

David Borscheid Posted at 3-26 15:54
I'm happy with my Spark but when I try to connect to my Galaxy S22 with a cable it doesn't connect. The cable works good when transferring pictures from the Spark to my phone.

Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device Samsung Galaxy S22 is not currently compatible with your setup. It can be preliminarily determined that a compatibility error causes the issue. Since many device models are awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
3-28 23:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules