Looking for the thread for unstable yaw
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joelpoly
lvl.2
United States

I remember reading about shiming the opposite side of the Phantom when doing the IMU cal. but I can't find the thread anymore. My V3 takes off to the right about 10 to 15 feet after about 180% turn and then comes back to where it started from. Today I did the latest update and recalibrated everything. Flew two batterys and all seemed normal. It had the yaw issue before the update and it still has it. I did the basic IMU cal. on a compleatly level surface. So it looks like we need to shim a little. When doing this are you using the basic or advanced cal. Thanks in advance for the info guys.
Oh yah while I'm asking questions, Gerry where the heck do you live where you get such cold weather????
Joel
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

McMurdo station, Ross Island, Antarctica.

2015-3-20
Use props
dbriggs54
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-20 18:08
McMurdo station, Ross Island, Antarctica.

hope this is what you were looking for.
Yaw Drift
2015-3-20
Use props
dbriggs54
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dbriggs54@yahoo Posted at 2015-3-20 23:36
hope this is what you were looking for.
Yaw Drift

If you do a search at the top of page its about 2/3rds down
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

dbriggs54@yahoo Posted at 2015-3-20 23:37
If you do a search at the top of page its about 2/3rds down

I think I know what he is looking for and last night I searched 20 pages and could not find it.  A poster was shimming the legs and recalibrating the IMU to get it level, then testing it.
2015-3-20
Use props
GerryBerry2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197 ft
Germany

Is this it?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... tid=4343&page=1

G
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

GerryBerry2 Posted at 2015-3-21 00:31
Is this it?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4343&page=1

I think it is.  More instructions on page 2.

Last edited by cory@movecost.com In 2015-1-8 10:44 Editor

Well F me.... Mine is spinning on a dime now.... I lucked out and stuck the right about of papers under to balance her... She spins on her axis on a dime now.

For anyone else having issues, you need to find out which way its drifting... You need to raise the opposite side of the drift with a few pieces of paper. Re-calibrate and test your flight. If it still drift to the same side, re-calibrate it and raise the opposite side more. If it drifts too much to the other side, then remove a piece of paper.. The MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO ALWAYS PLACE YOUR CRAFT IN THE SAME EXACT SPOT, AND FACING THE SAME DIRECTION WHEN DOING THE IMU... Manipulate the level with peices of paper...

These IMU's need to be dead center to the millimeter.
Hopefully it helps the many people out there who had my issue. Mark this one solved.
2015-3-20
Use props
joelpoly
lvl.2
United States

Thanks guys that's the one I was looking for. And Gerry that make sense now. I was wondering if it might have been Boston or there about. You would probably go there to warm up.
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

joelpoly@msn.co Posted at 2015-3-21 03:30
Thanks guys that's the one I was looking for. And Gerry that make sense now. I was wondering if it m ...

Antarctica was warmer than here.
2015-3-20
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Have you done the advanced IMU calibration?  You mentioned the basic one, but not the advanced calibration.  The advanced one helped me.
2015-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules