Spark problem... again!?$#@ !
7045 71 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

Another thread blaming DJI for faulty hardware when really people are buying advanced tech and not putting in the time and research to understand how they work. Before I bought my Mavic, I read countless forums, researched problems, and went through the entire manual until I understood every aspect, feature, and fail safe. Needless to say I haven't had any problems, crashes, flyaways or malfunctions.

People need to stop blaming DJI before even opening the manual. For example all of the Europeaners complaining about RC range and disconnects and dont understand they are not on FCC regulations.

READ THE MANUAL PEOPLE  
2017-7-17
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
United States

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-13 23:24
Because I can and because I wish to. Are you going to judge other people's choices now? Should I ask for permission if I want to use my iPhone? Maybe I don't want to carry the remote and the phone adapter as I use a case and Dji's RC don't fit a phone with one?

"Guy is angry bc he doesn't know what he's doing.  Another user error issue..."

Gesture control is not limited to 2MB selfies. The full rez photos are on the SD card in your AC..

Another example of how you know nothing about this product and come here to blame the company for your ignorance. I dont even own a spark and know more about them than you... theres your sign.

"Official answer: our engineers are working on the Spark issue and bla, nla, bla..."
I'm not sure this will actually pass as an "official response" from DJI as you keep referencing it.

2017-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You couldn't cover my salary. But at $100 million each can't see anyone loosing.
2017-7-17
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-17
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-17
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Fractures Posted at 2017-7-17 05:59
Gesture control is not limited to 2MB selfies. The full rez photos are on the SD card in your AC..

Another example of how you know nothing about this product and come here to blame the company for your ignorance. I dont even own a spark and know more about them than you... theres your sign.

Gesture mode photo's resolution is 1440x1080... not sure whats the MP
2017-7-17
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-17
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-17 00:47
That was the best comment so far... very enlightening...
Thank you so much, I had never considered those 2 options. People like you make forums like this so valuable, thumbs up!

HAHAHA real helpful folks here, lemme tell ya.....
2017-7-20
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-17 23:28
Does your mavic suffer from the "infamous right blurry corner" issue? Can you please tell me in what page of the manual it mentions it?

Do you really believe that you are the only one that reads every manual, article, watches every review, makes a ton of research before spending 800€ on a toy? Advanced Tech??? You would need to go back to school just to power on my RED...

LOL if you're ever in the States, I'll buy you a beer!
2017-7-20
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-20
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-20
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
United States

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-20 22:45
I didn't read the part when you state that "you don't even own a Spark..."
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... so why don't you just shut up and leave the people that actually own / have problems with the freaking drone discuss about it???

You're still goin on eh? You don't "actually have problems". You just don't know how your ac works.

Please find something better to do then bringing up 3 day old comments that you've already responded once too. I chose to ignore your first response for a reason.
2017-7-21
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-20 22:41
Thanks man, if you happen to stop over munich I will be the one inviting

I'll let you know!
2017-7-21
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-22
Use props
fansd8e80c3c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95502 ft
Chile

Everybody keeps saying read the manual but this wifi situation is result of a dumb design, the ideal solution in my mind is, as soon RC is turned on and paired spark internal wifi becomes hidden so no phone can connect, if RC is turned off the spark goes back broadcasting it's wifi, ppl can say but it's 6 seconds to unlink RC and 10 seconds to relink, its now about the time spend but how user friendly this process is.
2017-7-22
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just get the cable to connect between controller and device - phone/tablet. You don't have to mess around with the wifi then. Better all round connection.
2017-7-22
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-23
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-23
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-22 22:48
Just get the cable to connect between controller and device - phone/tablet. You don't have to mess around with the wifi then. Better all round connection.

More than likely OTG to be removed on next FW release.
2017-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansd8e80c3c Posted at 2017-7-22 19:34
Everybody keeps saying read the manual but this wifi situation is result of a dumb design, the ideal solution in my mind is, as soon RC is turned on and paired spark internal wifi becomes hidden so no phone can connect, if RC is turned off the spark goes back broadcasting it's wifi, ppl can say but it's 6 seconds to unlink RC and 10 seconds to relink, its now about the time spend but how user friendly this process is.

There will be new FW out this coming week hopefully it will sort out some of these problems.
2017-7-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not updating mine as its fine. If its good then don't fix it - for some pilots that is, sorry guys.
2017-7-23
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-23
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

fans40bdc2b1 Posted at 2017-7-12 13:35
Good comment.  Guy is angry bc he doesn't know what he's doing.  Another user error issue.  Why on God's green earth would you want to fly with your phone over RC?  Not even worth your time to "show" someone.  It's slow and clumsy to control.

there are a number of reasons why one might want to switch between controlling with the rc or directly with  the phone. For starters, many users initially buy the spark alone not the combo,  and get used to that method. then they want to fly further and get the rc. while they are learning to use the rc, they might want to switch back to the phone they're comfortable with, especially given the many reports of lost rc/phone wifi connections. if my controller stops working during a flight, I would be happy to switch to controlling directly with the phone!  - but perhaps the rc continues to control the spark even if the phone is out.
2017-7-23
Use props
Boah99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

I might be jumping in the middle of a war here and that's not my intention. But i don't have this issue, or maybe I don't think it's an issue?

I have a FMC and right now I turn on the spark and the RC it auto connects. If I want to connect me phone I hold the button for 6 seconds and the wifi appears. The wifi isn't reset, it kept the changes I made and the new password I set. Now I want to use the RC I basically hold it for 3 seconds and bam. It's back and reconnects.

Now I am in the US. I am aware of the issue happening in Europe which causes the need to reset the wifi every time so the spark remains on the 2.4 network. On the 5 network it uses a channel not avaiable on European phones and hence the need for the reset.

But the is indeed an independent issue from linking and unblinking the RC and phone direct to the spark.

Like I said, works perfectly for me with little work. Also I have a tendency to start my RC well after the spark and would hate if the spark. Just assumed it wasn't connecting to the RC and entered wifi mode. This is a much better solution to that scenario.
2017-7-23
Use props
Boah99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

Also forgot to add, had numerous times where the app crashed which means with phone I would have lost control. With the RC connected I still have full control until I can restart the app.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans3f193c44
New
Netherlands

DJI is losing their trust...
2017-7-24
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-25 07:55
Cable or no cable the Spark is losing connection with the RC mid flight...

Maybe you should upload your log to link below so we can see exactly what's happening.
Just click on the link and follow instructions and come back here and post your link

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-7-25
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-25
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-25 15:05
Sorry but I am not flying the drone until the new firmware update is proven to work (in another thread one beta tester reported that unfortunately the problem persists).

My Spark loses signal with remote and the screen on my iPhone goes dark. Vertically I can fly around 70m (210 feet approximately) before tge feed starts freezing.

I didn't mean to go out and fly, but you must have log which shows the problem of disconnect?
2017-7-25
Use props
Jimbob22
New
United Kingdom

Its my first Drone...watched all the You tubes...tried to use their instructions (pretty poor to be truthful learnt more and easier from YT) anyway nothing REPEAT...nothing was as they claim and almost nothing is as the instructions I've got numerous can not fly messages...can not even do the palm take off ????  Paired direct with Remote and OTG lead etc etc ....useless just sits inert and flashing lights as if everything is fine...But not even got to lift off or motors to start!!!!! Out off the box and fly??? who they kidding!
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules