Airplane mode vs Do not disturb to keep video from losing signal
3390 14 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa706f661
New

United States

Hi All,

Did a brief search and could find similar issues, but not the same one.

When I bought my mavic 1 month ago, I attempted to fly it using my iPhone 7 plus and was running into issues of the video signal cutting out mid flight.

After a fair amount of testing it seemed every time I got a notification, email, text, for whatever reason the video signal cut out.

When in airplane mode I'm able to fly without any issue. My question are below (sorry for the long narrative). Everything is up to date on the app and cell phone for the record with the latest versions of iOS and DJI Go 4.

1.) Has anyone else run into this issue?
2.) If so, have you had any luck just using the "do not disturb" functionality?
        A.) my reason for asking for an alternative is I would like access to Facebook live as well as the maps.

Thanks in Advance!

J

2017-7-11
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

use the original apple cable instead of the dji one and your problem will go away.
2017-7-11
Use props
fansa706f661
New

United States

Thanks for the note, however that was unsuccessful and still found issues with loss of transmission
2017-7-12
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I had the same issue and didn't manage to fix it.
Will wait some help, as you are.
2017-7-12
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51106 ft
United Kingdom

This is not really an answer but if you turn on airplane mode on your iPhone, does this still happen?
2017-7-12
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

I have the same issue using an iPhone 7 plus.  I frequently lose video signal while flying., but I can maintain signal while in Airplane mode. Tried using the USB port on the RC but that didn't seem to work.

Would like to know if there is a fix being implemented.
2017-7-12
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

tiredtim Posted at 2017-7-12 03:12
This is not really an answer but if you turn on airplane mode on your iPhone, does this still happen?

"When in airplane mode I'm able to fly without any issue."
2017-7-12
Use props
fansa706f661
New

United States

@tiredtim airplane mode solves it but then don't have a data stream for maps and live feeds.
2017-7-12
Use props
KirkB210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225430 ft
United States

Is hardware decoding turned on & is the transmission signal set to auto?
2017-7-12
Use props
fansa706f661
New

United States

Kirkb20 not sure, it's default for those settings.
2017-7-12
Use props
sagigeva
lvl.1
Flight distance : 576319 ft
United States

I've been have EXACT same issues with my Mavic, iPhone 7 Plus and video feed loss mid-flight. I found out that the only fix it to put the phone into airplane mode. VERY frustrating, it is about time DJI will read these forums and fix their issues.
2017-7-14
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly airplane mode and I also use no wifi ipad with no problems.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-14 18:10
I fly airplane mode and I also use no wifi ipad with no problems.

The fix in android anyway, seems to be simply put your phone in airplane mode, pretty simple really. If you google "loosing monitor in flight" you will see allot of responses/fixes, in the app to there are things you can do- video caching off, etc.
I find the only real fix, is dedicate a device to your mavic/phantom, I think this is one reason DJI are pushing the Crystal sky line on us, damn expensive option though!
I can't use a phone for my Mavic pro, just not enough screen for me to fly safely. The nividia shield is the answer for my P3A, no lag, great picture, fast, never any issues.
Now, if I can find a way to mount the shield on my Mavic pro, I'd be very happy
I wanted to mention- Some guys at Phantom pilots have had great luck with this one- Acer one iconia, but, you must make sure its the one  that has the  right processor/memory that will run the power eating GO4 app, saw it on for 85 bucks!
2017-7-15
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51106 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same issue a few times yesterday. Having tried turning off email (no difference), I turned off wifi and Bluetooth as I was in the middle of a field. I didn't loose video again. Not sure if this was coincidental or not.
2017-7-15
Use props
Alex G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1366857 ft
  • >>>

Same problem. iPhone 7 Plus. Any idea???
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules