Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it worth purchasing the RC controller now?
771 6 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALWilson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I bought the Spark on it's own when it came out.

From what I have been reading, connection issues seem to be a big problem even with the RC.

I can fly mine (with phone) usually 40 meters high and then connection starts to become bad and even flying further than 40 meters away, it starts to disconnect often. In even regular winds this seems to become a problem.

I know that pruchasing the remote will allow the spark to fly further and faster, but will it improve connection issues?
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please note that not everyone are having connection issues.  I flew with my iPad Mini connected via OTG cable, which improves transmission from RC to tablet.  My max distance in an open field thus far has been 2,000+ feet at 300 feet high.
2017-7-12
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

As Tviscomi has mentioned, not everyone is having the issues. In Europe tho, the situation is a bit different. Because of radio power regulations of Europe, flying with 5.8G is unreliable, but with 2.4G it is way better. Check out my thread (https://forum.dji.com/thread-104320-1-1.html) for more info, people need to understand that in Europe, Spark cannot do 2km, but only 500m (if you are lucky).
2017-7-12
Use props
ALWilson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you both for pointing that out. I have decided to purchase the controller. Either way, it's hopefully  going to perform better with the controller, rather than without.
2017-7-12
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did a series of videos covering how to connect the spark controller to your new spark as well as tried to create 2 comprehensive tests of the return to home and connection issues. I personnally have no issues with connection at the moment.
2017-7-12
Use props
ALWilson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JoeCec Posted at 2017-7-12 05:21
I did a series of videos covering how to connect the spark controller to your new spark as well as tried to create 2 comprehensive tests of the return to home and connection issues. I personnally have no issues with connection at the moment.

Do you have a link to the videos? I would be interested to watch them.
2017-7-12
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's my channel Feel free to browse and ask questions as they come up. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYeYbazXtdT2yA-II_FI-Jg
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules