GPS Disconnect Issue
2830 11 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guymeyer
New
United States

Please help me before I return my Spark!

I just recevied my Spark yesterday and the first flight went great. Since then however, I've had one constant issue preventing me from flying. The error simply states "Cannot take off". Upon tapping it for more information the description reads, "[GPS]disconnect please reset and check connection.

I've spoken with several DJI agents on both the phone / chat system and performed the following tests:

- Reset firmware (four times)
- Reset to factory settings (twice)
- Compass calibration (at least 10 times)
- IMU calibration (3 times)

Below or some associated shots mostly just to show I've tried this in several locations and the firmware is up to date. If there's anything I can provide to help get this fixed, that'd be great. I was REALLY looking forward to the Spark, and so far it's been a horrific experience.

Test in backyard:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc9co23dkxef2vr/IMG_0545.PNG?dl=0

Test 20 miles from home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/004j7aj6jqa55u8/IMG_0550.PNG?dl=0

Test at the local park ON ANOTHER DEVICE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/grwgxm13eg9c7xv/IMG_2504.JPG?dl=0

DJI Assistant Versioning:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6hwiy ... 2022.32.45.png?dl=0
2017-7-12
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using WiFi or the RC remote?
2017-7-12
Use props
fansac3a8874
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Send it back. It happened to mine too. When filling out the service form do not use your Refresh if you have it. The site says that you should use it if you have it, but that will take one of the 2 returns you have available and cost you $49 bucks.
2017-7-12
Use props
guymeyer
New
United States

JoeCec Posted at 2017-7-12 17:43
Are you using WiFi or the RC remote?

I have tried both
2017-7-12
Use props
guymeyer
New
United States

fansac3a8874 Posted at 2017-7-12 17:50
Send it back. It happened to mine too. When filling out the service form do not use your Refresh if you have it. The site says that you should use it if you have it, but that will take one of the 2 returns you have available and cost you $49 bucks.

Yeah, I think thats the easiest solution. I haven't even activated the Refresh support yet. Its just a bummer since Im going to Canada in a couple weeks and won't have it back in time.
2017-7-12
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may have defective equipment and like others have said may need to return.
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for to hear about that, just to verify, it's never slightly crashed, right?
would you please upload a screenshot about the APP page showing the errors?
Then please export the data, we'd love to help you analyze it.
Here are the instructions:
1. Download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, install it.
2. Connect the drone to your PC, run Assistant 2, then click "black box", you can get the file.
3. Then click "Upload Data--Confirm", choose the log which shows the situation, and save it to local.
Please upload both files to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.
2017-7-13
Use props
lfkiter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111942 ft
United States

I've flown my Spark a dozen or so times, and I've had the Weak GPS or loss of GPS occur as well.  It's quite nerve racking, as it's usually a little breezy here, and the drone just takes off with the wind, and I gotta bring it back in ATTI mode.  Usually have 12+ satellites connected before launch, compass is good, etc.  I'm spooked about flying over water here, don't feel like going on a dive search and rescue because of some bugs with this thing.
2017-7-13
Use props
guymeyer
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-13 05:01
Sorry for to hear about that, just to verify, it's never slightly crashed, right?
would you please upload a screenshot about the APP page showing the errors?
Then please export the data, we'd love to help you analyze it.

Hello Natalia

It's never crashed even slightly. Ive already boxed it up for the return.
2017-7-14
Use props
guymeyer
New
United States

lfkiter Posted at 2017-7-13 11:18
I've flown my Spark a dozen or so times, and I've had the Weak GPS or loss of GPS occur as well.  It's quite nerve racking, as it's usually a little breezy here, and the drone just takes off with the wind, and I gotta bring it back in ATTI mode.  Usually have 12+ satellites connected before launch, compass is good, etc.  I'm spooked about flying over water here, don't feel like going on a dive search and rescue because of some bugs with this thing.

Im not even getting weak or loss. I was getting what seemed no attempt by the software to make a connection
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

guymeyer Posted at 2017-7-14 12:51
Hello Natalia

It's never crashed even slightly. Ive already boxed it up for the return.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused.
2017-7-15
Use props
fansbfb61a11
lvl.1

United States

Sounds like the DJI spark is a dud.  Can’t even fly it manually.  What a joke.  Definitely a design flaw with the GPS grounding wrong too easily.  
2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules