New P4P worked out of box. After FW updates, boat anchor
726 7 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdjeff
lvl.3
United States

This linked up solid green out of box.  I got a message on my Ipad mini that there was an update ready to be installed.  I accepted.  I'm assuming that was the remote update?  I took everything outside for electronics check and I got an incompatibility error.  I could not spool up the motors.  Devices version conflict or something to that effect.  So I came in and updated aircraft firmware using the DJI assistant.  It failed twice at 28%.  I powered everything down and reconnected and it accepted the update.

Now...I have a flashing link light green/red.  The camera video is half a screen to none at all to all green.  I've reinstalled the DJI app on the ipad and it did another update.  I tried the update procedure in the "How to update firmware" thread after all that and it's still doing the same thing.  As I said, the link and video were perfect on first power up out of the box.  It's tough to see but the link light on the RC controller is erratically flashing green/red

2017-7-12
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

Turn off the drone, & the RC should load.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Reset the RC to factory default via DJI Assistant 2, then re-link to the RC to the drone, see if it works.
2017-7-13
Use props
jdjeff
lvl.3
United States

Dog Man Posted at 2017-7-12 18:55
Turn off the drone, & the RC should load.

Tried that already
2017-7-13
Use props
jdjeff
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-13 00:01
Reset the RC to factory default via DJI Assistant 2, then re-link to the RC to the drone, see if it works.

Tried that already, too
I see I'm not the only one with this problem.  I keep seeing "update the RC firmware".  
When I power up the RC controller, then open the DJI go4 app, it has checked for updates and asked me to accept.  Is this the RC update?

Then I called DJI support and a recording said I called after hours.  It was 830 Eastern time and the recording said they were open until 6pm Pacific time?
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jdjeff Posted at 2017-7-13 02:31
Tried that already, too
I see I'm not the only one with this problem.  I keep seeing "update the RC firmware".  
When I power up the RC controller, then open the DJI go4 app, it has checked for updates and asked me to accept.  Is this the RC update?

Sounds like a RC firmware upgrade, what is the current firmware version?  You can check the "About" page on the APP. Here is a pic of the Phantom 4 pro release note for your reference. If it is not the latest one, please upgrade it first. Besides, here are the working time of DJI Tel customer service. Release note P4P.png TIME.png
2017-7-13
Use props
jdjeff
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the info.  Can you please link me or show me the update procedure for the controller firmware?  I am not at home with my P4P right now.  I am at work But I will try this when I go home in 6 or 7 hours.
2017-7-13
Use props
jdjeff
lvl.3
United States

Ok....I figured out how to upgrade RC controller firmware by selecting "Overall Status" on the system flyout menu in DJIGo app.  From there, I was given the opportunity to update controller firmware.  Now I am able to connect.  So the way I understand it for anyone else having this issue:

1.  The update (if any) you see when the DJIGo app boots up, is for the DJIGo4 app update
2.  The controller update (if any) will be available in the aircraft status flyout menu (tap "Disconnected" at the top left next to DJI logo) On mine, there was a red triangle on the "Overall Status" bar and it took me right to the firmware download/update.

I'm pretty sure I got the aircraft/batteries updated correctly last night.  Will go out for electronics check later.
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules