Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonepip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167 ft
United Kingdom

Please Help??

Just bought a Phantom 3 Standard.

Do I have to use the DJI Go App  get Airborne?

I have just charged the Batteries, switched on the Aircraft hen he Remote.

The Status LEDS on the Aircraft are Flashing Yellow, slowly (Safe to Fly No GPS)

When I move sticks down and In or down and out , Motors do no start.

In anticipation,
Many thanks

2017-7-13
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

There is a procedure for starting motors. You can review the many Youtube videos on getting started flying if you don't feel like reading the manual.
2017-7-13
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

However reading the manual is strongly recomened.
2017-7-13
Use props
Merlinuf
New
Flight distance : 54505 ft
Sweden

Hello,

Did you activate the drone ? in the App?

// Kristoffer
2017-7-13
Use props
Merlinuf
New
Sweden

And wouldnt recommend flying with out GPS activated, so use a phone to launch the DJI GO App.
2017-7-13
Use props
tonepip
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Churubusco Posted at 2017-7-13 03:29
However reading the manual is strongly recomened.

I'm  trying to do things slowly.
All I'm trying to do is to confirm that the Motors will start,  before I get involved in the functioning of the App. I'm not trying to  get Airborne . I have not downloaded the App yet
2017-7-13
Use props
Merlinuf
New
Sweden

well i think you have to register/activate your drone before you can start the motors.
And you do that via the app
2017-7-13
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

tonepip Posted at 2017-7-13 03:53
I'm  trying to do things slowly.
All I'm trying to do is to confirm that the Motors will start,  before I get involved in the functioning of the App. I'm not trying to  get Airborne . I have not downloaded the App yet

Nothing works without the app. No testing the motors, no camera, nothing. Install the app and register.
After you do, turn on the controller, turn on the drone,go to Settings on you iPhone or whatever you use and click wifi and choose Phantom,  which will come up. Then go to the DJI app and click on camera and everything will magically appear.
This is what you do every time you fly.
You can at this point check to see if the motors spin - but do it WITHOUT the blades. Hope this helps.
Like the other guy said, plenty of videos on YouTube that explain everything you ever need to know.
2017-7-13
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Read the manual, get loads of answers to questions you have and have fun. When turning everything on: Transmitter, Aircraft, phone app. Do not power on the AC without the transmitter being power on first or you will be back on here asking why your drone flew off! When powering off everything: Aircraft, Transmitter, then every thing else.
2017-7-13
Use props
tonepip
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Many thanks everybody for the info etc.
It seems as though I have got to use the App. Even just to do a Basic thing
2017-7-13
Use props
captirwin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5568 ft
United States

I would suggest READING THE OWNERS MANUAL.
If you want to try running the device, REMOVE THE PROPS AND THE GIMBAL GUARD.
2017-7-13
Use props
Paul Robinson
New
United Kingdom

HI
Bought a P3 Standard 3 days ago, cannot get the thing connected to the GO App.  Anyone please help?

The drone and remote connect to each other, however when trying to set up the App, at set up I get a pop-up message saying:
Your account has been linked. Connect the aircraft to activate it.  I keep clicking on Activate, but it just keeps popping up.
I've tried uninstalling, forcing close etc etc.  When rebooting, I get a message saying firmware needs updating; however when I click on "Start Upgrade" after downloading firmware update package  in the app, I get a message saying 'Update Error  Device Disconnected. Please check. OK

If I ignore the firmware update request, the Camera option is greyed out, and although I can go into the camera screen, cannot use the drone at all as the top of the screen says 'Disconnected'.

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this??  After hours of playing around, getting very frustrated, so any help would be most welcome!
Thanks
Paul
2017-7-16
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

First and foremost, read the manual, then read again, and save it for reference. I still use mine after flying for a year. That said, assuming you've activated the p3 and logged in, you must pick the phantom wifi in yourphone/tablet wifi settings. This then gets you camera view and telemetry data. Wait for the app to tel you its safe to fly, S1 switch in up position  and hold both sticks down and in/out at same time.
2017-7-16
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

And for God;s sake dont do a firmware update until you're comfortable with startup. You should  ignore the update flag fpr now.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules