Let's talk about DJI's airspace zones...
1445 5 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Omega1DX
lvl.1

United States

Do any of the airspace zones (restricted or otherwise) match up with your governments zones? I'm in the US; in my area, DJI has a huge no fly zone and there shouldn't be one. After contacting support I was told,

"Since the restricted zones are in circular shape, it may cover some zones that should not be restricted.
Sorry that we are not available to remove the restricted zones at this time."

And that the documents would be forwarded to the persons supervisor for further review and approval. I don't feel I should have to use a third party application or jailbreak as a workaround for this and I have no intention to (it's been suggested before). Additionally, I'm all for the software coinciding with up to date TFR's and zoning...what's occurring here is the exact opposite. DJI's "unremovable" unlockable zone is unauthorized and unlawful. What are your collective thoughts on this? Is anyone else experiencing this issues? The pictures with the blue bars are from the FAA's application, the other is from DJI's geofencing/Go 4 mapping.

IMG_1412.PNG
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1414.PNG
2017-7-13
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Given that GEO fencing is relatively new, there has been an issue in defining drone restrictions and setting up a definitive up-do-date database of current rectilinear and circular coordinates for each country's aviation authority.  I know this is new to FAA and it looks like that resource is maturing and  B4UFLY is tapping into it.  Obviously DJI has not yet done that or has not yet created an algorithm to implement a non-circular boundary.  Best bet, IMHO, is to keep the pressure on DJI.
2017-7-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That is why i did not update and am also NOT updating any zone data and am turning GEO FENCING off. I use UAV FORECAST and worked very well. With all the money that DJI have they keep screwing up with their software. worse than MICROSOFT and we have to suffer for it. I am on .700 with GO 4 4.0
2017-7-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

DJI has a way to help users like you by offering the ability to unlock areas for individuals: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/individual-unlock
2017-7-13
Use props
Lisi
lvl.2
Poland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-7-13 15:52
DJI has a way to help users like you by offering the ability to unlock areas for individuals: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/individual-unlock

It's not so easy in Poland "Online applications are not accepted in your current region due to local laws and regulations. Please send your unlocking request to (...)".

Few months ago DJI made NFZ zones in Poland around all google places with "stadium" in name. And - for example - you can't fly around historic Olympic Stadium in Wrocław - this stadium is empty for 360 days per year. One drone flying schoold has flying field near this stadium but I can't fly Mavic on this large field because of this stupid restriction https://goo.gl/maps/EXh8DEUKRsH2

Why doesn't car manufacturers install speed restrictions in their cars based on geodata? ;) If someone crash his car and kill someone (because of speeding) who is responsible for this accident? Car maker or driver?
2017-7-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Lisi Posted at 2017-7-14 01:10
It's not so easy in Poland "Online applications are not accepted in your current region due to local laws and regulations. Please send your unlocking request to (...)".

Few months ago DJI made NFZ zones in Poland around all google places with "stadium" in name. And - for example - you can't fly around historic Olympic Stadium in Wrocław - this stadium is empty for 360 days per year. One drone flying schoold has flying field near this stadium but I can't fly Mavic on this large field because of this stupid restriction https://goo.gl/maps/EXh8DEUKRsH2

Yes, and originally individual unlocking was iPhone-only. It's not a perfect system but they are improving it -- not that that helps you right now. Wait, they are still accepting unlocking requests by email?
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules