Problem selecting travel mode after flight
1071 6 2015-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Well, I have just taken my first flight with my inspire 1.  What a wonderful machine.  flew it in both Position and Atti modes, with zero problems except for the occasional, brief GPS dropout.  However after the flight I was trying to select travel mode to pack it away and the inspire kept going into a landing gear up state (luckily, I had removed the camera and Gimbal before).  After multiple attempts using the controller to no avail, I eventually got it into travel mode by using the app, but this too required several attempts.
I was wondering if anyone else has or had experienced this issue and if so how did you remedy it / has it reoccured?
Could it be something to do with the opti flow system, sensing the ground, or not sensing the ground?

Cheers.

Jason.

2015-3-20
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has to be done on solid ground. It will not work right on grass or carpet. In a pinch, use the travel case.
2015-3-20
Use props
taylor2d2
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue, going to pick up a folding table to setup and transform the inspire on.  anyone have suggestions for a lightweight folding table?  there is almost never a smooth flat surface where I'm flying.  
2015-3-20
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Many thanks for the reply guys.  I was taking off from an all weather cricket strip and it had the texture of carpet, so it must have offered some resistance on the landing gear.  I will look into bringing something flat for the next time.  Wow I am still buzzing from that first flight.
Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers.

Jason
2015-3-20
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem on grass AND on a sidewalk that had sand on it. As soon as I moved it to a sidewalk with no debris it entered travel mode fine, Man does this thing have idiosyncrasies.  
2015-3-20
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

A chunk of melamine or similar rigid but smooth surface or just use the case. if you try picking up the unit for some reason it wont work, even if you hand hover it close to the ground.
2015-3-20
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3093517 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Same problem .Even on the suitcase it find it difficult.
When starting entering travel mode i hear that the motor is straggling .I checked it and the mechanism looking clean...
Should i add some very light lubricant ?
2015-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules