When that firmware update does come
1047 10 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I don't really care right now. No, not right this minute. Because I don't need it. But when the firmware update comes I'm going to be upset because my Assnt2 doesn't even recognize my Spark. Yea, it's turned on. But my PC just sits on the Assnt2 homepage.

I don't care that much today - only enough to mention it. But someday soon I'll be screaming – along with a few others!

2017-7-13
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just update with your Go app.
No need for the Assistant.
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

As Dirk mentioned, the aircraft can be upgraded via APP or Assistant 2.
What is the operating system of your computer? Please try to unplug the USB cable and plug it again, or re-install the Assistant 2.
2017-7-14
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

operating system - Windows 10
2017-7-14
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

assistant 2 does not recognize my controller but it does recognize the spark. is this normal?
2017-7-14
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-14 04:02
assistant 2 does not recognize my controller but it does recognize the spark. is this normal?

same here. I tried on 2 computers and Spark get seens without issue.
RC is not seen. I cannot say if this is normal or not.
2017-7-14
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Matioupi Posted at 2017-7-14 04:08
same here. I tried on 2 computers and Spark get seens without issue.
RC is not seen. I cannot say if this is normal or not.

hopefully its not normal and dji can fix it
2017-7-14
Use props
wricks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39783 ft
United States

I'll pile on here.  I actually just downloaded the Assistant 2 last night.  Connected the Spark, confirmed I had the latest and greatest firmware (downgrade available), played around with some of the features, etc, etc.  Decided to check the controller for any updates since last week.  Disconnected the Spark (USB), shutdown Assistant, powered up the remote, connected it (USB) and started Assistant - nothing.  No errors, no nothing.  Thought it was a bit strange so I shut everything down and started from scratch.  Spark connected to laptop via USB, powered on Spark - Good!  Powered on Remote - found Spark and connected - Good.  Started Assistant on the laptop - found Spark but not the remote - less than good.  Not a real issue as both can be updated through the app, but if it is supposed to check for updates for both, it doesn't.
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The remote cannot be upgraded via Assistant 2, the situation you mentioned is normal.
2017-7-14
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

nucmanchh Posted at 2017-7-14 03:36
operating system - Windows 10

I had that problem too with Windows 10. Turned out the drivers didn't load because they are unsigned. A quick Google for loading unsigned drivers found a procedure, you have to boot into some weird mode and turn on load unsigned drivers, I forget exactly how now. I uninstalled Assistant 2, allowed unsigned drivers, reinstalled Assistant 2 and all is well.
2017-7-15
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

Interesting. Thanks for that
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules