826 2 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geoff67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75817 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I experienced the weirdest of shut downs of the DJI Go App the other day. I was scheduled to do a short demo of drone (Inspire 1 Pro) flying to some colleagues at a counrty house near London in the UK. New firmware was installed the night before and everything worked. I had logged into DJI the night before. On arriving on site with everything set up properly the DJI GO App crashed everytime a connection was attempted using an iPad Pro. No login message appeared so assume that issue was not a problem. I switched over to iPhone 6 plus and exactly the same thing happened. WiFi was not good so switched back to iPad Pro and used a MiFi with a better signal but same problem. No matter how I connected the App would shut down as soon as a connection was attempted. I am not a beginner so was confident that all pr-flight operations had been performed correctly. I switched to the DJI GS App and was able to connect and fly but clearly not ideal but for the demo it served its purpose.
When I arrived back home some 150 miles away I set up and everything again to see if I could replicate the problem but everything worked flawlessly.

Have any of you experienced anything similar and managed to find the cause or is simply the login to DJI before you can fly the problem?

best regards,

Geoff
2017-7-13
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Why  did you need a internet connection when you are flying ?

Did you happen to update the Go app and not update the Current AC and the RC camera etc.
I have heard of some issues with the new go app not playing well with the Old RC and AC Firmware .  

donnie
2017-7-14
Use props
Geoff67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75817 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Donnie, thanks for replying. The only reason for an internet connection was for map caching and/or to login to DJI under their new rules. Other than that not really needed. I did upgrade both the Inspire itself and the two remote controls so assume everything was ok on that side . Thinking further about the incident there was a PA system switched on adjacent to the table I was setting up from. I was using the PA and a video down link from the second RC to give a commentary as to what I and the Inspire were doing. I wonder if the magnets in the speaker were powerful enough to knock out the link?

Thanks again for getting back and much appreciated you views. Enjoy your flying.

Geoff
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules