Can anyone tell me why the gimble has stopped working
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny Mac 4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I will try again as !! I have a phantom 4 and I just want to know if anyone  can shed some light on why the camera will not pan downwards ! the C1 button works to drop it but when I try to pan downwards it stutters then stops !! It started happening after the update but it could have nothing to do with it as it seems to be flying ok since I changed a couple of settings and calibrations just this bloody gimble , if I lightly touch the receiver it will work so maybe a fault there ! Has anyone else got the same problem!! A response would be good ! I know I'm only a learner and they don't seem to get much response from the forum or dji but a bit of help on this wouldn't go amiss I've tried dji support but getting nothing back !!!! Over a £1000 spent on this drone and joined the forum hoping for help or advise but don't seem to get any response which is a shame as I've learnt quite a lot from spending time reading the different problems and remedies but support for myself has been extremely poor , I've noticed if you say something bad about dji people jump on it in support of them yet when a newbie needs help !!!!
2017-7-14
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Johnny,

Sorry about your sad welcome on the Forum.  We are usually a little more helpful than that.  But you got me here in Hawai'i at almost 11 PM.

Hopefully, your problem is with the "Tilt Setting".  There is a setting in the Gimbal section of the General Settings that allows you to control the rate and smoothness of the tilt.  (I think it is where the hyper extension option is also enabled.)  If you adjust that slider, you should change the rate of tilt.  If that modification does not remove the "stutter", the problem could be with the gimbal itself.

If the adjustment does not work and it stutters at all settings of the slider, you may want to refresh your firmware for the Aircraft.  This will reinstall the tilt firmware (along with everything else).  If after the refresh it still stutters, your problem may be with the tilt mechanism itself.  Then you may want to have DJI look at it.  But let us know the results, good or bad, so we can help more if we can.

Hope this helps!  Welcome to the Forum!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you've calibrated the RC unit (See top of 'Remote Controller Settings' menu), and it's still the same then it sounds like it could be faulty. The fact that it works when you touch or tap RC seems to suggest a bad connection or dry joint somewhere.

Try a calibration and see how it goes.

(Scotland almost 11 a.m ).
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's faulty and new then straight back to shop for a new unit or full refund, as not fit for purpose. Most have a 30 day 'no quibble' policy anyway, but Apple only 14 day.

Edit:- but if it was working perfectly OK before update then as you say that strongly suggests firmware glitch.
2017-7-14
Use props
Johnny Mac 4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-14 01:40
If it's faulty and new then straight back to shop for a new unit or full refund, as not fit for purpose. Most have a 30 day 'no quibble' policy anyway, but Apple only 14 day.

Edit:- but if it was working perfectly OK before update then as you say that strongly suggests firmware glitch.

Extremely grateful for your reply , I shall try that and post how I get on , my wife purchased it in may so not sure where I stand if it's faulty  

Thanks John
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny Mac 4 Posted at 2017-7-14 02:11
Extremely grateful for your reply , I shall try that and post how I get on , my wife purchased it in may so not sure where I stand if it's faulty  

Thanks John

If faulty then there is at least a 12 month warranty, Or 2 if bought from JL...

2017-7-14
Use props
Johnny Mac 4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-14 02:31
If faulty then there is at least a 12 month warranty, Or 2 if bought from JL...

Just tried it and hey presto all good I must have missed the gimble switch first time round whilst doing the calibration thanks for your help and I still regard the forum highly for the knowledge so definitely be around for a while I forget sometimes people on the forum live around the world so a big thank you from Scotland
2017-7-14
Use props
Johnny Mac 4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Johnny Mac 4 Posted at 2017-7-14 02:40
Just tried it and hey presto all good I must have missed the gimble switch first time round whilst doing the calibration thanks for your help and I still regard the forum highly for the knowledge so definitely be around for a while I forget sometimes people on the forum live around the world so a big thank you from Scotland

I think being a newb it's easy to jump to conclusions as so many negative comments on here, though most are good of course and it's been my first point of education since getting my phantom 4 and found the overall knowledge fantastic and even if they don't answer it's still an excellent reference point so thanks all
2017-7-14
Use props
fans4e777ef5
New

India

I'm getting this error after starting up. Gimble Recalibaration not working. It's doing up and down dance while starting and stay in the down and never comes back to center position

2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules