Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal & Video stop for 2-3s after update RESOLVED
9136 158 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-11 16:21
I've just checked mine, and holding C2 operated and turning right hand wheel definitely adjusts my gimbal roll. The gimbal yaw tuning also seems to work as expected, although it does not show any value for the adjustment.
Weather poor today, so ran about three or four 29 minute and 25 second sessions while recording in 4k @ 30 fps and no blank screens, recording stopping or gimbal resets at all.

Glad to hear about the positive news for the beta. Please keep us updated if there are any other questions about recording. Thank you.  
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

vdubbin Posted at 2017-9-11 16:04
Ok so I just did the update and then a 15min flight till the battery 30% warning.  It seems so far to have fixed the blank screen and camera turning to a leg issue so far.  I let it record the whole time to see if it would cut out or not.

Much better so far!

Good to know, and please test more to see if the recording goes back to normal. Thank you.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Received your PM, will help to check and confirm again. Please kindly note that you need the internet to access the beta. You can use both DJI GO 4 and DJI Assistant 2. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-9-11 11:57
Hi Thor,

Here’s a link for you and the technicians at DJI so you all are able to see how image quality has downgraded on the PHANTOM 4.

Hi, there, the resolutions and frames per second are all different with the video, so it is hard to make a comparison. Could you please provide us a DNG picture which shows this issue? Thank you so much.
2017-9-13
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-13 18:16
Hi, there, the resolutions and frames per second are all different with the video, so it is hard to make a comparison. Could you please provide us a DNG picture which shows this issue? Thank you so much.

sure. still, the problem is more evident on video rather than photos.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-9-14 09:13
sure. still, the problem is more evident on video rather than photos.

Got it, but the engineers replied that it is hard to compare. So please provide us some pictures so we could have a direct contrast.
2017-9-16
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

JCJMC:
Well I tried the new beta 0300 firmware and finally record to 4k without cuts. The only thing I have noticed and not from this firmware, but since they have put the new flights, is that the battery lasts much less, you too?
2017-9-16
Use props
vdubbin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031647 ft
United States

Did some more testing over the weekend here and no issues since the Bata update.

Tried messing with the gimbal wheel adjustment and it did actually adjust the Roll.
It was just really slow to move or had to spin the wheel a lot to get it to move i guess.

Still a lot happier with the Beta!
2017-9-17
Use props
serezhka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067474 ft
  • >>>
Belarus

How can we get a beta?
2017-9-17
Use props
vdubbin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031647 ft
United States

serezhka Posted at 2017-9-17 19:32
How can we get a beta?

PM DJI Thor your DJI user name and he'll try to get you added to the list.
2017-9-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

serezhka Posted at 2017-9-17 19:32
How can we get a beta?

Send DJI Thor or DJI Susan a pm (find a message they've posted & PM link is below their Avatar).

This pm should contain the email address you use to log into your DJI account.

Within a few days you should see Beta version appear in DJI Assistant 2 (with aircraft connected etc) or I believe in DJI Go 4.

I usually use DJI Assistant 2 (V1.1.6) for aircraft update.
2017-9-18
Use props
serezhka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067474 ft
  • >>>
Belarus

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-18 02:08
Send DJI Thor or DJI Susan a pm (find a message they've posted & PM link is below their Avatar).

Thank you! ))
2017-9-18
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Oh my god. I am the last person to saw this. I also got the same problem 4k 30fps happen to me video stop and gimbal suddenly move right. I have out of idea. Beta firmware can be helpful well? Can send me beta?
2017-11-7
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-18 02:08

Hello. You already update Beta FW and can use for 4k 30fps as well without any issue?
2017-11-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-11-7 08:06
Hello. You already update Beta FW and can use for 4k 30fps as well without any issue?

Hi. You'll need to reply directly to DJI Susan, Diana or Thor with your DJI account email address to get access to the beta firmware. Or you can PM one of them directly.

And to be sure, this is beta firmware for the P4 (specifically) which fixes erratic flight and a 4K video problem.
2017-11-7
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-7 14:31
Hi. You'll need to reply directly to DJI Susan, Diana or Thor with your DJI account email address to get access to the beta firmware. Or you can PM one of them directly.

And to be sure, this is beta firmware for the P4 (specifically) which fixes erratic flight and a 4K video problem.

Ok sure. I already pm to dji Thor. Wait for reply. Thank u alot
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hansd0n Posted at 2017-9-10 23:11
Hello Thor,
Why is there no information about the flight stability issues in 02.00.0106?    The DJI and other forums have very many posts of information from people about the  unstable flight which is potentially dangerous.  Professionals cannot use their Phantom 4 and 4 Pro reliably or with any trust.  

Hi there, I got your PM and had pushed the beta to you. Please check and see if you can update. It would be nice if you could provide me with the feedback after testing the beta. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-27
Use props
Hansd0n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 890397 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 18:00
Hi there, I got your PM and had pushed the beta to you. Please check and see if you can update. It would be nice if you could provide me with the feedback after testing the beta. Thanks a lot.

Hi Thor, I only just saw this message. I will try to get the Beta over this weekend and feedback to you my results.  Thank you very much for the help. I presume I only need to update using DJI Assistant app on my PC?  
2017-11-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hansd0n Posted at 2017-11-30 12:53
Hi Thor, I only just saw this message. I will try to get the Beta over this weekend and feedback to you my results.  Thank you very much for the help. I presume I only need to update using DJI Assistant app on my PC?

Yes, when you run DJI Assistant 2 (V1.1.8) you will see the .600 beta plus other earlier betas, and the last formal release.

Or at least that's how it was last time I checked a few days ago :-)

Your RC should already be at V1.9.3.
2017-11-30
Use props
Hansd0n
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Thor,
I have updated my Phantom 4 tonight.  My controller was already at v1.9.3.   Updating with DJI Assistant failed and I could not get the retry to work.  So I decided to update using the Controller and that worked fine to update the Phantom 4 to v02.00.0600 which is the latest version showing on Assistant also.

If the weather permits I will test the Phantom 4 tomorrow (Saturday) and I will report back here with the results.  
Thank you for your help.
2017-12-1
Use props
stacebaal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621257 ft
United States

Just adding to the thread as I have the same issue.  Anxiously awaiting a fix.  
2017-12-1
Use props
Hansd0n
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-30 13:52
Yes, when you run DJI Assistant 2 (V1.1.8) you will see the .600 beta plus other earlier betas, and the last formal release.

Or at least that's how it was last time I checked a few days ago :-)

Hi Thor - Here are my findings today on the first flight tests after updating to Beta v02.00.0600

Forward flight stability is now very good, as what it was before the July update of v02.00.0106.  I flew three batteries using P and S modes, rapid vertical climb, rapid vertical descent, rapid angle climb and rapid angle descent and all performed flawlessly.  There was absolutely no evidence of forward flight instability.

For reference, this is video taken earlier in 2017 that demonstrates the unstable forward flight:

Now I have two short clips of flights today using v02.00.0600 firmware

and

Remaining Problem:
There is one remaining problem that relates to the live video signal, which keeps breaking up.  Ever since v02.00.xxxx firmware the live video has complained of interference and also breaking up, freezing, green screen and resuming.  I think that the problem of video is worse in .0600 than even it was in .0106 (thats saying something!).   

Bear in mind, this was happening in the middle of an isolated field, far away from homes with WiFi or anything else that might generate RF signals at that frequency.   

This is dangerous when being used as FPV, and if in any close situations where space is restricted. The interruption of live video would be sufficient for a Pilot to collide with the surroundings in such circumstances.   

Conclusion
So, flight stability restored. Great.
Video instability still needs work.
2017-12-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hansd0n Posted at 2017-12-2 06:36
Hi Thor - Here are my findings today on the first flight tests after updating to Beta v02.00.0600

Forward flight stability is now very good, as what it was before the July update of v02.00.0106.  I flew three batteries using P and S modes, rapid vertical climb, rapid vertical descent, rapid angle climb and rapid angle descent and all performed flawlessly.  There was absolutely no evidence of forward flight instability.

"Bear in mind, this was happening in the middle of an isolated field, far away from homes with WiFi or anything else that might generate RF signals at that frequency.   "

Do you have your display device set to airplane mode (i.e. wifi disabled), that should/might reduce the interference reports you're seeing, also switching off local video cache will reduce demand on device. You could always try a clean install of the DJI Go 4 App' to your device, that may also make a difference.

BTW you'll need to reply to Thors message directly, for him to be notified of your response.
2017-12-2
Use props
Hansd0n
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-2 09:37
"Bear in mind, this was happening in the middle of an isolated field, far away from homes with WiFi or anything else that might generate RF signals at that frequency.   "

Do you have your display device set to airplane mode (i.e. wifi disabled), that should/might reduce the interference reports you're seeing, also switching off local video cache will reduce demand on device. You could always try a clean install of the DJI Go 4 App' to your device, that may also make a difference.

Thanks Aardvark, I have PM'd Thor a link to my post above. So hopefully he'll see it easily.

Now you mention it, my display device is an iPhone 6 Plus, and I did have WiFi enabled.  I dont' want to switch off the Cellular signal as I need that to get the maps data ....   I do have a clean install of DJI Go since the update to .0600,   Tonight, after I got back from the field I have cleared out a lot of deadwood apps, cache and data from the iPhone as it was getting rather crowded in memory. I've got back 9GB which may help.  Also disabled Video Cache in the DJI Go app and will check that out in the field at the next flight.

It is a shame having to do this because previous versions of DJI Go did not suffer these issues that I and other are seeing of late.  
2017-12-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hansd0n Posted at 2017-12-2 12:42
Thanks Aardvark, I have PM'd Thor a link to my post above. So hopefully he'll see it easily.

Now you mention it, my display device is an iPhone 6 Plus, and I did have WiFi enabled.  I dont' want to switch off the Cellular signal as I need that to get the maps data ....   I do have a clean install of DJI Go since the update to .0600,   Tonight, after I got back from the field I have cleared out a lot of deadwood apps, cache and data from the iPhone as it was getting rather crowded in memory. I've got back 9GB which may help.  Also disabled Video Cache in the DJI Go app and will check that out in the field at the next flight.

It's a strange one. I've just checked my 6S plus. There are 'Strong wireless interference. Please fly with caution'  messages as you say. When I'd done my initial tests indoors I had assumed they were all coming from local sources.
However with wifi switched off (cell still working), these messages stop on my device.

Edit:- or at least I thought they did, still getting reports with wifi off, could now be local interference now (I need to get out more ).

So it would seem disabling the wifi might reduce any reports of interference. It could be that the Application parameters have been changed, perhaps meaning that it reports lower values of interference that it previously did not.

As an aside, the maps can be cached on your device by opening the map on DJI Go 4 and scrolling/zooming, to the area you will be flying in. So this can all be done at home, saving on the mobile data bill.

I am currently running all the latest available firmware/software (includes 02.00.0600 beta).
2017-12-2
Use props
Hansd0n
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-2 13:28
It's a strange one. I've just checked my 6S plus. There are 'Strong wireless interference. Please fly with caution'  messages as you say. When I'd done my initial tests indoors I had assumed they were all coming from local sources.
However with wifi switched off (cell still working), these messages stop on my device.

Hey Aardvark - Yup, you're seeing exactly the same as me, lots and lots of warnings of "Strong wireless interference....".  It doesn't appear to affect the RC itself, in that I have remained in control of the AC throughout. But the transmitted video image freezes and partially or fully green screens randomly.  Very worrying when flying out of LOS (which of course no one ever does   

I suspect that one of this year's updates to either AC, RC or both has caused the video/telemetry signal to be reduced, causing these widespread issues.  Perhaps just an EU thing?  We're strict(er) with RF emissions here.

Like you, I am running the lastest DJI Go 4 app (I keep that updated all the time!) and the beta 02.00.0600 (which has fixed my forward flight instability issues).  

I will try map caching on my next trip to the field.  I've never really trusted it.  But certainly if I can capture a 1km radius I'll be more than covered as I move around that area.   

2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hansd0n Posted at 2017-12-2 06:36

Hi Hansd0n, thank you so much for your feedback of the beta and glad that the flight stability issue is now resolved.
For the video issue, could you please help to confirm whether the videos on the SD card have this issue or not? Coz there could be a recording interrupted issue before but it should be resolved along with the beta. So if it happens only in the transmission, you might need to pay attention to the transmission signal on the app, when the transmission signal bar is blinking, there might be a weak signal, green lines etc. might also because of it.
So please try another environment, refresh the app, make sure that there are not many apps running in the background, see if it helps.
If the original videos also have green lines in it, please send it back, it should be a hardware issue.
2017-12-3
Use props
Hansd0n
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-3 18:34
Hi Hansd0n, thank you so much for your feedback of the beta and glad that the flight stability issue is now resolved.
For the video issue, could you please help to confirm whether the videos on the SD card have this issue or not? Coz there could be a recording interrupted issue before but it should be resolved along with the beta. So if it happens only in the transmission, you might need to pay attention to the transmission signal on the app, when the transmission signal bar is blinking, there might be a weak signal, green lines etc. might also because of it.
So please try another environment, refresh the app, make sure that there are not many apps running in the background, see if it helps.

Hello Thor

I have read that iOS 11.2 solves a lot of problems with DJI Go 4 app and so tonight I am updating my iPhone 6 Plus to that and will try it out over the weekend.  The reports are encouraging from other people on this forum

https://forum.dji.com/thread-122216-1-1.html

2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hansd0n Posted at 2017-12-4 15:15
Hello Thor

I have read that iOS 11.2 solves a lot of problems with DJI Go 4 app and so tonight I am updating my iPhone 6 Plus to that and will try it out over the weekend.  The reports are encouraging from other people on this forum

That's true, please kindly update and test. And I am looking forward to your feedback.
2017-12-4
Use props
Hansd0n
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello Thor - I have also sent you a PM

Today I finally had a break in the weekend weather, this past few weeks in the UK have been terrible with rain and very high winds in the South East.  Today is a cloudy but cool, dry and light breeze.  So I turned to working on the Phantom 4 V2.00.0700 Beta firmware.  Several things to report.

1. Updating the firmware using Assistant 2

With the previous .0600 beta I could not update on Windows 10 Creators, the loading of the firmware would reach around 90% and then fail.  So I updated using DJI Go 4 app for iPhone.   However, this time with firmware 02.00.0700 beta I was able to update using DJI Assistant, Windows 10 Creators had also updated to Creators update 1709.  Success.

2. Firmware V2.00.0700 Beta
The flight today has been constrained to very local, within 30 meters distance and 15 meters altitude.   Hover is 100% stable. When manually pushing in any horizontal axis the AC stabilises instantly and recovers its position.  Steady hover is completely stable also with the light breeze blowing.  Previously with the V2 official firmware the AC was very unstable in this respect.  Rapid climb and descent worked well with the AC handling vertical propwash effortlessly and with great stability as can be managed for that move.  

Signal and Video Interference
A problem that has persisted in V2 I am happy to report that in V2.00.0700 there is almost no evidence of signal deterioration or interference.  I was not aware of any "Interference" warnings, as used to pop up continuously with earlier versions (including Beta), nor was there the green screen signal washout that occurred before this version.  

4K Gimbal Issue
I have had this problem with earlier versions of V2 (Production and Beta) but was not able to replicate that with .0700 beta.  It used to happen quite quickly after take off but there was no evidence at all in this beta.

Conclusion
I have to say that V2.00.0700 Beta restores the Phantom 4 to the class and quality of AC flight that Customers are used to and expect of DJI equipment.  I would say that .0700 Beta is good enough to be released as a formal Production update.  It has worked to remove the problems that I experienced since the July 2017 V2 release.

2018-1-14
Use props
Finder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1180013 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 18:00

Hi Thor - I am running v02.00.0700 and still running into the problem where the camera/gimbal resets (going to the left leg as the others describe - coming back online shooting the leg of the Phantom) after about 30 seconds of 4k30 recording.  Will go ahead and PM you if there is any other data or beta that I can try.  No issues with 4k24 or 1080p60 by the way.  This is specific to 4k30 - usually happens on the first recording after turning on the drone (I can reproduce this consistently right after starting the drone) but sometimes happens after that as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Drone has never been in a crash - no damage, and doesn't even have a lot of flight time on it.
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Finder Posted at 2018-7-4 13:02
Hi Thor - I am running v02.00.0700 and still running into the problem where the camera/gimbal resets (going to the left leg as the others describe - coming back online shooting the leg of the Phantom) after about 30 seconds of 4k30 recording.  Will go ahead and PM you if there is any other data or beta that I can try.  No issues with 4k24 or 1080p60 by the way.  This is specific to 4k30 - usually happens on the first recording after turning on the drone (I can reproduce this consistently right after starting the drone) but sometimes happens after that as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Drone has never been in a crash - no damage, and doesn't even have a lot of flight time on it.

That issue was completely resolved with the 0300 & 0600 Betas (which is what Thor was referring to) which were the lead up to the current 02.00.0700 aircraft firmware.

I would try a firmware refresh using DJI Assistant 2, followed by a factory reset. See if that resolves the gimbal reset problem you're having, also double check in 'About' in 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4 and make sure you are on the latest build.
2018-7-4
Use props
Finder
lvl.2
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 13:41
That issue was completely resolved with the 0300 & 0600 Betas (which is what Thor was referring to) which were the lead up to the current 02.00.0700 aircraft firmware.

I would try a firmware refresh using DJI Assistant 2, followed by a factory reset. See if that resolves the gimbal reset problem you're having, also double check in 'About' in 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4 and make sure you are on the latest build.

Thanks for the quick response.  I have tried multiple times doing a firmware refresh - with factory reset before and after.  I even downgraded, reset, and upgraded again, followed by another reset via DJI assistant.

This issue seems to be fairly specific by the way.  I boot up the Phantom 4 - start recording as soon as the IMU is warmed up (4k30).  There is a delay before the record button starts counting up, but the space remaining starts counting down even though the recording itself is not counting up yet.

If I use a 4k24 or 1080p60 recording - no issues at all - starts right away even right after booting up.

Any other ideas?  Also tried resetting camera settings, using another iOS device, and using different memory cards.  Can still reproduce the issue consistently.
2018-7-4
Use props
Finder
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Finder Posted at 2018-7-4 17:21
Thanks for the quick response.  I have tried multiple times doing a firmware refresh - with factory reset before and after.  I even downgraded, reset, and upgraded again, followed by another reset via DJI assistant.

This issue seems to be fairly specific by the way.  I boot up the Phantom 4 - start recording as soon as the IMU is warmed up (4k30).  There is a delay before the record button starts counting up, but the space remaining starts counting down even though the recording itself is not counting up yet.

To add a little more detail - if I wait a few minutes after the IMU warms up, the problem doesn't seem to happen.  The specific scenario is shortly after (or right after) IMU warm up - the gimbal resets/stops recording right before hitting 30 seconds when recording 4k30.  Any other resolution in the same situation = no problem.
2018-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

JCJMC Posted at 2017-9-16 14:28
JCJMC:
Well I tried the new beta 0300 firmware and finally record to 4k without cuts. The only thing I have noticed and not from this firmware, but since they have put the new flights, is that the battery lasts much less, you too?

That’s odd that a firmware update, has caused more power draw on the flight packs.

Perhaps that’s a fault as well? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

vdubbin Posted at 2017-9-17 17:47
Did some more testing over the weekend here and no issues since the Bata update.

Tried messing with the gimbal wheel adjustment and it did actually adjust the Roll.

You can adjust the speed, of the gimbal moving Up and Down,  in the app.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-4
Use props
Finder
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-4 13:41

I would try a firmware refresh using DJI Assistant 2, followed by a factory reset. See if that resolves the gimbal reset problem you're having, also double check in 'About' in 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4 and make sure you are on the latest build.

FYI - did another firmware refresh and factory reset for fun.  I was able to get very specific on the reproduction scenario - I am curious if anyone else with a Phantom 4 can try this out.

Set Phantom 4 to record in 4k30 on latest v02.00.0700 firmware.  Begin recording less than 20 seconds after powering up (usually immediately after IMU is warmed up).  With a semi-warm IMU (been turning it off and on a lot) if I wait over 30 seconds after powering up the issue does not occur.  The issue seems to be very reliant on 4k30 frame-rate specifically and starting recording while other initialization routines on the drone are still happening.
2018-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Finder Posted at 2018-7-4 19:11
FYI - did another firmware refresh and factory reset for fun.  I was able to get very specific on the reproduction scenario - I am curious if anyone else with a Phantom 4 can try this out.

Set Phantom 4 to record in 4k30 on latest v02.00.0700 firmware.  Begin recording less than 20 seconds after powering up (usually immediately after IMU is warmed up).  With a semi-warm IMU (been turning it off and on a lot) if I wait over 30 seconds after powering up the issue does not occur.  The issue seems to be very reliant on 4k30 frame-rate specifically and starting recording while other initialization routines on the drone are still happening.

"if I wait over 30 seconds after powering up the issue does not occur. "

I wouldn't normally see this, I usually boot up aircraft first to give it time to initialise and settle down, also gives me time to run through my pre-flight checks for RTH, max' altitude, camera manual settings etc.

As you point out the solution would be to let the machine initialise properly before recording, which is required before flying anyway (full power on self test).

I wouldn't expect any system, whatever it was, to perform correctly during its start up period.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Finder Posted at 2018-7-4 19:11
FYI - did another firmware refresh and factory reset for fun.  I was able to get very specific on the reproduction scenario - I am curious if anyone else with a Phantom 4 can try this out.

Set Phantom 4 to record in 4k30 on latest v02.00.0700 firmware.  Begin recording less than 20 seconds after powering up (usually immediately after IMU is warmed up).  With a semi-warm IMU (been turning it off and on a lot) if I wait over 30 seconds after powering up the issue does not occur.  The issue seems to be very reliant on 4k30 frame-rate specifically and starting recording while other initialization routines on the drone are still happening.

Hi Finder, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, is the SD card that you used the original one that came with the drone? You can try to change the SD card for testings. If the issue persists, please provide me with a video of this case for a better confirmation.
BTW, there is no beta for Phantom 4 at this moment, just to let you know.
Look forward to your update.
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules