1234Next >
9139 158 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

We're still waiting for DJI to do something positive once ...
2017-9-3
Use props
vdubbin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031647 ft
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-14 04:39
Another guy with the same problem
https://youtu.be/UGgEZ5fYDjg
https://youtu.be/uy02YL9MwXI

Add me to the list with having these same issues... Does this, then the screen goes black then comes back staring at one of the legs...

Never used to do this at all
2017-9-5
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Spain

Well tired of waiting for DJI to fix the problems of this firmware, I have done the downgrade, at first all good, now it is necessary to test if the recording works well at 4k.
2017-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JCJMC Posted at 2017-9-5 11:24
Well tired of waiting for DJI to fix the problems of this firmware, I have done the downgrade, at first all good, now it is necessary to test if the recording works well at 4k.

I'm sure it will work well.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All,

Our engineers are working on this issue. The Beta version is available now, please leave your DJI account here, we will collect and forward to our engineers.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.
2017-9-6
Use props
vdubbin
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-6 00:41
Hi All,

Our engineers are working on this issue. The Beta version is available now, please leave your DJI account here, we will collect and forward to our engineers.

How can we get the Beta version? Or is even worth trying?
2017-9-6
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Hi All,

Hi Susan,
This beta will fix only camera issue or also unstable (shaking) flight?
Thanks.
2017-9-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Hi DJI Susan

Can we pm you with account email addresses, for forwarding to engineers, or is there an email address we could send to ?
2017-9-6
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Hi All,

*Rant Over*
2017-9-6
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1515246 ft
Czechia

Icer Posted at 2017-9-6 02:06
Hi Susan,
Thanks.

I'd also be very interested in this
2017-9-6
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Hi All,

Please add me!
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, could you please PM me your DJI email so we could release the beta to your account? Appreciate it.
2017-9-6
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-6 23:26
Hi all, could you please PM me your DJI email so we could release the beta to your account? Appreciate it.

How  to PM ?
2017-9-7
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Canada

never mind...
2017-9-7
Use props
vdubbin
lvl.3
United States

PM'd

Hopefully the Beta fixes the issues
2017-9-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor, I have now pm'd my email address to you.

I look forward to receiving the beta soon, thank you for dealing with this.
2017-9-7
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-7 03:30
DJI Thor, I have now pm'd my email address to you.

I look forward to receiving the beta soon, thank you for dealing with this.

+1

How long is DJI going to be not delivering on the key feature of the drone that is 4K recording? This is clearly a very big issue. I've stopped filming due to this as it's my main format. This has been left unaddressed for way too long....
Hope to see some progress quickly...

Not undermining the flight stability issues some have, but it clearly does not affect everybody while this is. I just think a lot of people don't necessarily report it either because 4K is not their 1st choice so they would not notice it OR simply haven't flown/filmed since the new update.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Icer Posted at 2017-9-6 02:06
Hi Susan,
Thanks.

This is only for the recording issue.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, the beta should be available for accounts that had provided, please check your account. And please kindly note that this firmware is for camera issue which happens on Phantom 4. Let me know if there are any updates after testing the beta. Thank you so much.
2017-9-7
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 19:48
Hi all, the beta should be available for accounts that had provided, please check your account. And please kindly note that this firmware is for camera issue which happens on Phantom 4. Let me know if there are any updates after testing the beta. Thank you so much.

It's looking good testing on the ground, haven't had a reset yet.

Too wet to fly at the moment, don't think I will fly today.

One problem I do have is that the "Aircraft Database" is now at 01.00.01.04 and the "App Database" is at 01.00.01.05, I get a warning message after starting Go4 saying "Data Update, Connect aircraft to update your data." followed by a diagram showing that I should unplug my tablet from the remote control and plug it into the aircraft?   It doesn't seem to work, I'm probably doing something wrong because the instructions are not good enough... or is it just mismatched because of the beta firmware?
2017-9-8
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-8 04:28

Database update problem solved - when you plug the tablet into the aircraft and the tablet asks if you want to run Go4, say yes even if Go4 is already running!   Then wait for "Aircraft Connected" to appear on the main screen where it normally has the "Go Fly" button, then press "Update".

The message that appears about ensuring airliner safety could do with being re-written by someone who both understands why no-fly zones are needed and who speaks good English!  Currently it is hard to understand the English and it is not a nice message when you do understand it.

It stopped recording a few seconds before 30 minutes but didn't seem to reset so I guess that is normal behaviour due to EU video camera regulations.
2017-9-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-8 05:22
Database update problem solved - when you plug the tablet into the aircraft and the tablet asks if you want to run Go4, say yes even if Go4 is already running!   Then wait for "Aircraft Connected" to appear on the main screen where it normally has the "Go Fly" button, then press "Update".

The message that appears about ensuring airliner safety could do with being re-written by someone who both understands why no-fly zones are needed and who speaks good English!  Currently it is hard to understand the English and it is not a nice message when you do understand it.

Maximum file length I recorded on any of my tests previously was 29 min and 20 sec. This just seems to be system max' record length allowed. I tried a test hover in garden recording 4k @ 30 fps, recording lasted just over 17 minutes. For me I need to test further, rain stopped play just after my Mavic maiden flight :-) So no time to further test the P4.
Previously for me the cutting off was intermittent, I first noticed it on day one, only after moving onto third battery. But since then have seen it quite often in testing. So todays first test of .300 may be a good omen :-)
2017-9-8
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Spain

I've tried it 8:30 (I can not fly more right now) and no 4K cuts.
2017-9-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also noticed that Gimbal yaw adjustment has returned with .300, no value showing, but adjustment now seems to work properly on P4.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-8 04:28

Firstly, thanks for getting back to me. And glad to hear the positive feedback on the beta. For the stopping of the recording, I think it might be the file reaches up to 4GB, this is normal if it is the case.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-8 10:16
Maximum file length I recorded on any of my tests previously was 29 min and 20 sec. This just seems to be system max' record length allowed. I tried a test hover in garden recording 4k @ 30 fps, recording lasted just over 17 minutes. For me I need to test further, rain stopped play just after my Mavic maiden flight :-) So no time to further test the P4.
Previously for me the cutting off was intermittent, I first noticed it on day one, only after moving onto third battery. But since then have seen it quite often in testing. So todays first test of .300 may be a good omen :-)

Thanks for your feedback, had received your PM, too. Looking forward to your more tests.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JCJMC Posted at 2017-9-8 10:22
I've tried it 8:30 (I can not fly more right now) and no 4K cuts.

Thank you for the feedback, and also, please test more to see if the recording is now working.
2017-9-9
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

Regarding the p4 camera issues....has anyone here notice that image is kind of blured on the sides?!. I mean....image quality has been affected quite a lot. Theres also a strange gimbal behavior. It suddenly moves to the right and stops recording. Would love to have the beta so i can send reports so final firmware is better.
2017-9-9
Use props
Hansd0n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 890397 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 19:48

Hello Thor,
Why is there no information about the flight stability issues in 02.00.0106?    The DJI and other forums have very many posts of information from people about the  unstable flight which is potentially dangerous.  Professionals cannot use their Phantom 4 and 4 Pro reliably or with any trust.  

We know that DJI are aware of this dangerous instability issue, why is there no official information about fixing that?

Here is a very typical example of what we are seeing.  Instability in forward flight, the aircraft overcompensating.  In any other Drone with adjustable software we would make changes to the PID, for example.  It cannot be a big problem for DJI to replicate and fix in a new release of firmware.  

It is very annoying that we are hearing nothing official from DJI and removes our trust in your product.  With such a lack of support how could I possibly trust buying another DJI product ever again?   This issue  and lack of support is damaging to the DJI brand reputation.

http://youtu.be/R1UtEz3_cCI
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-9-9 19:19
Regarding the p4 camera issues....has anyone here notice that image is kind of blured on the sides?!. I mean....image quality has been affected quite a lot. Theres also a strange gimbal behavior. It suddenly moves to the right and stops recording. Would love to have the beta so i can send reports so final firmware is better.

For the blurry of the image, could you please upload some original pictures on the SD card to Dropbox and paste the link here so I could help to check more. Besides, please PM me your DJI account to access the beta. Let me know if you had provided. Thank you.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hansd0n Posted at 2017-9-10 23:11
Hello Thor,
Why is there no information about the flight stability issues in 02.00.0106?    The DJI and other forums have very many posts of information from people about the  unstable flight which is potentially dangerous.  Professionals cannot use their Phantom 4 and 4 Pro reliably or with any trust.  

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue and our engineers are trying to locate the problem for it. We are also very eager to have this case solved, will keep prompting the engineers and hope we will get the result soon. Appreciate your kind understanding and your patience.
2017-9-11
Use props
vdubbin
lvl.3
United States

Hoping that i have the Beta tonight to update and try.
I was getting frustrated over the weekend while on vacation with the video stopping and screen going black then the camera coming back pointing at one of the legs.
This must have happened about 4 times on one battery.

I've PM'd but do i need to PM again to make sure i get the Beta to try?
2017-9-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vdubbin Posted at 2017-9-11 03:43
Hoping that i have the Beta tonight to update and try.
I was getting frustrated over the weekend while on vacation with the video stopping and screen going black then the camera coming back pointing at one of the legs.
This must have happened about 4 times on one battery.

If the pm was successful then you should see the beta in Assistant 2 when you connect up your P4 to PC.
2017-9-11
Use props
vdubbin
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-11 03:53
If the pm was successful then you should see the beta in Assistant 2 when you connect up your P4 to PC.

Thanks!
I'll try at lunch then
2017-9-11
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-11 01:12
For the blurry of the image, could you please upload some original pictures on the SD card to Dropbox and paste the link here so I could help to check more. Besides, please PM me your DJI account to access the beta. Let me know if you had provided. Thank you.

Hi Thor,

Here’s a link for you and the technicians at DJI so you all are able to see how image quality has downgraded on the PHANTOM 4.

CLIP: DJI_0133 / Recorded on January 6-2017. Image was perfect. Shot on DLOG
CLIP: DJI_0032 / Recorded on June 03-2017. Image was perfect, crisp and very detailed. Shot on DLOG
CLIP: DJI_0002 / Recorded on September 4-2017 / Image on edges and some spots looks blurred. Check on the trees…they look muddy, and not crisp and well defined. Look at the grass….it’s more defined in the other clips. In this one looks blurred or out of focus. This was shot on D-CINELIKE.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3k7yt ... rNQKKio9IpH-5a?dl=0
2017-9-11
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-9-11 11:57
Hi Thor,

Here’s a link for you and the technicians at DJI so you all are able to see how image quality has downgraded on the PHANTOM 4.

Haven't been able to make a comparison yet but best would have been to have like for like shots, possibly same location and time of day with exact same settings and recording modes else it's going to be tough to say.

Also, this thread is specific to the camera resetting while shooting in 4k/30, I understand people try to get a hold of the mods in hopes of having their different issues solved/looked into but let's try to keep on topic.

Weather has been atrocious where I am preventing me from testing under real conditions.

Have gone through all 4k modes recording while idling with no interruptions though so cross fingers this *seems* to have been addressed from what I read and ver here.

Hope production release is close....
2017-9-11
Use props
vdubbin
lvl.3
United States

Ok so I just did the update and then a 15min flight till the battery 30% warning.  It seems so far to have fixed the blank screen and camera turning to a leg issue so far.  I let it record the whole time to see if it would cut out or not.

Much better so far!
I still can't use the C2 and the wheel to adjust the Gimbal roll.
2017-9-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vdubbin Posted at 2017-9-11 16:04
Ok so I just did the update and then a 15min flight till the battery 30% warning.  It seems so far to have fixed the blank screen and camera turning to a leg issue so far.  I let it record the whole time to see if it would cut out or not.

Much better so far!

I've just checked mine, and holding C2 operated and turning right hand wheel definitely adjusts my gimbal roll. The gimbal yaw tuning also seems to work as expected, although it does not show any value for the adjustment.
Weather poor today, so ran about three or four 29 minute and 25 second sessions while recording in 4k @ 30 fps and no blank screens, recording stopping or gimbal resets at all.

DJI Go 4 V4.1.9 (iPad pro 7.9, iOS 10.3.3)
RC V1.9.2
And aircraft 02.00.0300
2017-9-11
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-11 16:21
I've just checked mine, and holding C2 operated and turning right hand wheel definitely adjusts my gimbal roll. The gimbal yaw tuning also seems to work as expected, although it does not show any value for the adjustment.
Weather poor today, so ran about three or four 29 minute and 25 second sessions while recording in 4k @ 30 fps and no blank screens, recording stopping or gimbal resets at all.

<RANTY McRANT>

I want the beta!!!

</RANTY McRANT>
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-9-11 11:57
Hi Thor,

Had also received and replied you at PM, please kindly check that. I'll get back to you once I heard from our engineers. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules