1351 10 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D A P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26093 ft
United States

Hello all

It is with great sadness and after a lot of thought and consideration that I am leaving DJI products now.

I simply cannot rely on the quality, whilst my recent P4P is being returned fixed (I hope) my experince with their products has been very poor.
With 2 dead ones and a third that aquired a fault in the right hand controller stick form completely nothing.

It makes me think that maybe I should go for a different brand. I rely heavily on my P4P for my business and so far DJI has cost me £23,560 in lost business due to my drone being unavailable. To my business  this is unacceptable, uapfilimng relys on products that work at any given time, and I cannot justify that with DJI.

No doubt this will be a backup drone, but I'm hoping I don't get to use it.

Thank you to the forum for all your help and support over the last 6 months with gimbal issues, dead firmware etc.

Regards
ww.uapfilming.com
2017-7-14
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

What brand and model are you going to buy?
2017-7-14
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Karma? Do tell which brands are you going to buy? I see this kind of posts many times and yet they never offer which other brands of drones they are going buy? Please enlighten us which other brands of drones that offer what DJI have?  Autel's phantom 3 clones? Yuneec's old Typhoo H, or Go Pro's infamous Karma?  Maybe you will do better with one of those Kickstarter's scams.
2017-7-14
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I doubt you will find better elsewhere. DJI does have a program for professionals that includes loaners during repairs and such. Have you checked into that? Anyone with a business that demands availability should have this type of redundancy in place.
2017-7-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If your in the professional business of needing and using drones, then you should always have a back up, if you were using P4Pro only for your business then the likelihood of getting a better drone at the same price is Nil.
I understand you feel let down and I'm sure you have every reason to, but depending on 1 P4Pro with no backup when doing that kind of business is not a great reflection on management skills.
Good luck.
2017-7-14
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United States

I really like your website, if it is any consolation
2017-7-14
Use props
RtinTN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 469734 ft

United States

Very nice work with the videos on your site.
But I dont understand why, if you were losing that much profit, didt you have a backup or three?
I dont blame you for looking elsewhere for your equipment, but not to have a backup?
2017-7-14
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2017-7-14 06:47
I really like your website, if it is any consolation

Yes, the showcases from April, May and December 2023 are awsome, and the "I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me" and "I'm a title. Click here to add your own text and edit me."  showing here and there are really cute.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans26405633
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130837 ft
United States

Lets see....should I lose £23,560 or fork over £1,560 to save £22,000?

Tough choice, cant make up my mind.
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sincerely sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing, the situation has filled me with regret.
Would you please provide me your case number? We do love to help you speed up the repair process for P4P so you could receive it back soon for work.
We listen to all the feedback on social media, learn from them and keep improving on products and service to make your experience with us better, thanks for your supporting!
2017-7-14
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26093 ft
United States

Hi Guys,
Only just seen some of your replies and I really appreciate your comments.  Apologies for the delay, I have an update on the latest.

To answer some of them, I am looking at Yuneec range of drones as a direct replacement, and in regards to a "Back up".  Yes both comments are absolutely right, being this is my first and only business It makes sense too, but I was hoping that DJI would be more reliable,  and that investment for 2 drones would not be necessary. But I now know it is, so thank you.

I have my UAV back and it looks like they replaced the entire controller, I have released new footage on Landscapes under portfolio and there are more clips to come.

I might have a job in Kerpen Germany, in a few months corporate site film, so look out for that.

@Natalia:  Thank you for you offer, I just hope this was a rare occurrence, if I was to feedback anything it would be thorough testing of the App, it crashed on me twice last weekend, whilst the GPS location got me back home it doesn't fair well on recent events.
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules