How to record video and use gestures!!
3429 14 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meepmeep
lvl.1
United States

View the video instructions I filmed:

I was so beyond excited when I figured this out! You will need a phont to do it but you can control the the spark while using gestures and recording a video so this is great for solo projects!
2017-7-14
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

I'm going to try this today. If it works for me i will be super satisfied
2017-7-14
Use props
meepmeep
lvl.1
United States

So glad to help! I really thought this wasn't possible based on the last month of youtube video's going out, I realized it was possible when I watched a random vlog from a dude in the UK, he did not at all explain how he did it and at first I thought it was a fake video lol! He just edited in a shot from his drone of him using them and I was like, WHAT!!! If other major bloggers did it, I didn't notice it, I just kept reading everyone mad you can't record video while in gesture mode, which they really meant you cant "stop and start" video with gestures and some people even wrote that you could not use gestures while recording video on forums saying it had to do with it reading gestures!! So so wrong, I was so excited to figure this out and had to make a video to share!
2017-7-14
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Wow cool news ;)

So you connected the phone and then you did the "normal" gesture stuff with double click the power button to recognize you and then it took off?

2017-7-14
Use props
TrulyMad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14770 ft
United Kingdom

meepmeep Posted at 2017-7-14 08:15
So glad to help!  I really thought this wasn't possible based on the last month of youtube video's going out, I realized it was possible when I watched a random vlog from a dude in the UK, he did not at all explain how he did it and at first I thought it was a fake video lol! He just edited in a shot from his drone of him using them and I was like, WHAT!!! If other major bloggers did it, I didn't notice it, I just kept reading everyone mad you can't record video while in gesture mode, which they really meant you cant "stop and start" video with gestures and some people even wrote that you could not use gestures while recording video on forums saying it had to do with it reading gestures!! So so wrong, I was so excited to figure this out and had to make a video to share!

Nicely done, I saw that video you mentioned too and wanted to try it out but didn't have the time to fly yet.

At least we now know for sure that the Spark can easily record and process gestures.
2017-7-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one, I found this by accident his morning too while playing with live streaming. Just came on to post about it and you beat me to it DJI need to use something like triple click to start palm launch and auto start recording so we don't even have to use our phone.
2017-7-14
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-14 08:45
Nice one, I found this by accident his morning too while playing with live streaming. Just came on to post about it and you beat me to it  DJI need to use something like triple click to start palm launch and auto start recording so we don't even have to use our phone.

Now that's a great suggestion - hopefully they will listen to our feedback
2017-7-14
Use props
meepmeep
lvl.1
United States

LeChuck71 Posted at 2017-7-14 08:37
Wow cool news ;)

So you connected the phone and then you did the "normal" gesture stuff with double click the power button to recognize you and then it took off?

yeah, I think if I had NOT double clicked before I started, right after I connected the phone I could have hit record but this was literally my first time trying it so I think you can do it either way. The record video is disabled while the drone is IN gesture mode, but if you record BEFORE putting it into gesture mode it works just fine it doesn't care.
2017-7-14
Use props
meepmeep
lvl.1
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-14 08:45
Nice one, I found this by accident his morning too while playing with live streaming. Just came on to post about it and you beat me to it  DJI need to use something like triple click to start palm launch and auto start recording so we don't even have to use our phone.

dude perfect idea!!!
2017-7-14
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52562 ft
Canada

This is great to hear/ see... I have a question, I tried to take a selfie after palm launch and while AC is under palm control. I don't want to do "bye-bye" gesture first, to initiate Follow.   Just a selfie from about 1 meter while hovering. If I perform the selfie gesture the front LED's blink slowly red, then fast like similar to when AC is in Follow mode. So, is selfie possible without App or Controller and without AC "following" me? The behaviour of the LED's seem to indicate so, but I don't get a pic. Thanks for your help.
2017-7-14
Use props
meepmeep
lvl.1
United States

I can't answer that one. I just use my phone.
2017-7-14
Use props
meepmeep
lvl.1
United States

>D >D XD
2017-7-14
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

used it today, works very well. You have to start recording and then palm launch it.
2017-7-14
Use props
meepmeep
lvl.1
United States

yup! As long as you don't try to hit record when its "in" gesture mode which I think a lot of people try.
2017-7-15
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Very nice footage
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules