934 5 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteWong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3119432 ft
Hong Kong

Hello all,

I will be going to a family trip to Vietnam soon, anyone flown at Vietnam before? Are drone flying allowed in Vietnam?

Thanks so much

Ste
2017-7-14
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

There was a similar thread on here a few days ago. Apparently you need approval for every flight, but it's not strictly enforced.
2017-7-14
Use props
SteWong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3119432 ft
Hong Kong

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-14 08:01
There was a similar thread on here a few days ago. Apparently you need approval for every flight, but it's not strictly enforced.

thanks so much
2017-7-15
Use props
Acciaro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139085 ft
Latvia

According to the information that I have, it is forbidden to import drones into Vietnam (without special permission).
Most likely it will be taken away at the airport and put into paid temporary storage. You can pick it up by paying storage when you leave the country (if the airport of departure does not coincide with the airport of arrival, then returning the drone will be problematic).

I really hope that this information is outdated. But so far no one has given a reliable refutation.
2017-7-15
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Acciaro Posted at 2017-7-15 05:53
According to the information that I have, it is forbidden to import drones into Vietnam (without special permission).
Most likely it will be taken away at the airport and put into paid temporary storage. You can pick it up by paying storage when you leave the country (if the airport of departure does not coincide with the airport of arrival, then returning the drone will be problematic).

Plenty of drone vids of Vietnam about, so I don't think so.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-97068-1-1.html
2017-7-15
Use props
PurePotential
New
South Korea

Did anyone receive any head way on this problem for us fellow drone users? I've expressed all avenues for applying for a permit to fly. I spoke with numerous of other travelers that say it's hit or miss. It's a 50/50 chance the drone could be confiscated, then same say they had no issues. I'm flying from Seoul, S. Korea -> Hanoi -> Nha Trang. Then departure is from Nha Trang -> Da Nang -> Seoul, S. Korea. Every comment or review I've seen, drone users hand carry their drone. But what if the drone has put in a hard shell case and put under the plane in checked baggage within my suitcase, would that cause an issue? I really want some drone footage, however, I don't want to risk having it confiscated because I'm arriving and departing from different airports. I've attempted to use google translate for the Ministry of Defense website to find the form. I've asked people for the form to submit. Others have stated they either sent an email to request for permission and no response. One person stated you can pay someone to do it for you, but not evidence or proof backing that or a referral. Use travelers/drone users need some head way on this! Can anyone share their experience here or help for that matter? Thanks!
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules