TB48 voltage issue
1164 10 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Image1.png Hi, I am having a problem with one of my Inspire 1 batteries. Today I made a test flight, the battery had about 75% capacity at takeoff, after about 1min30sec, I landed and I received a battery warning, then the capacity was down to 5%, the cells are at about 3.8V. The battery has only be loaded 9 times.... What can I do?

Another battery with 17% left and lower cell voltage?

Image2.png

2017-7-14
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

I have read that taking off with a battery that is not fully charged can cause this to happen. Did you charge the battery, and then use up 25% and then try an refly the aircraft at a later time?
2017-7-15
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Ups_Jeff, I agree The battery must be fully charged before every flight!  Never fly with a battery less than 100% fully charged  I also noticed the battery has been charged 40 times!!! You should fully drain that battery, give it time to cool down then fully recharge it. That may also improve it's health. Safety First! Ken.
2017-7-15
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
United States

bernde, How old are those batteries? They may need to be replaced! Ken.
2017-7-15
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2017-7-15 18:38
Ups_Jeff, How old are those batteries? They may need to be replaced! Ken.

I don't know because I was replying to the original poster.
2017-7-15
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
United States

Sorry Jeff, My mistake. Ken
2017-7-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears your batteries were in self-discharge mode. You need to charge the batteries  100% prior to flight no matter what the App tells you or the LED's  
The voltage drop issue has been around a long time now

Rich
2017-7-15
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

I set my batteries to self discharge after 3 days.
2017-7-16
Use props
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Hello, thanks for your replies.
I don't know how old the batteries are, because I bought the Inspire second hand. The battery which had the problem has only be charged 9 times, I charged the battery two days before from around 10% to 100% full state. After that I updated the Inspire and the X3 and configured the copter, after that the power was at about 80%. Then a day after that I wanted to make a first flight test, I was only hovering in 2m height and after 1:30 min the battery warning  appeared. I will try to recharge the battery and give it a second try, hopefully the battery will work better next time.
2017-7-17
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

bernde Posted at 2017-7-17 09:04
I don't know how old the batteries are, because I bought the Inspire second hand. The battery which had the problem has only be charged 9 times, I charged the battery two days before from around 10% to 100% full state. After that I updated the Inspire and the X3 and configured the copter, after that the power was at about 80%. Then a day after that I wanted to make a first flight test, I was only hovering in 2m height and after 1:30 min the battery warning  appeared. I will try to recharge the battery and give it a second try, hopefully the battery will work better next time.

That sounds like that would do it. I am sure if you did a full charge the battery would be fine. However, I wouldn't fly it very far the first couple of times, just to make certain.
2017-7-17
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

bernde Posted at 2017-7-17 09:04

That sounds like that would do it. I am sure if you did a full charge the battery would be fine. However, I wouldn't fly it very far the first couple of times, just to make certain.
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules