Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another Stupid Pilot
1234Next >
15614 150 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
breakingad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Russia

DJI, do you plan to do something???
Now Mavic can be hacked in a few clicks and NFZ zones and attitude limit can be removed very easyly. After this video i am afraid of flying by airplane....
2017-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think this is one for the cops.
2017-7-15
Use props
Zbounce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181125 ft
United States

I am not condoning this fool, but I think the odds of getting hit by lighting on the golf course are better that sucking up a drone.
2017-7-15
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

Report this video and the idiot that filmed it
2017-7-15
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

It will be interesting to see if this guy actually gets in trouble for his flying.
2017-7-15
Use props
afisch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353146 ft
Switzerland

does someone recognize the country/airport ?
2017-7-15
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

afisch Posted at 2017-7-15 07:46
does someone recognize the country/airport ?

The maker of the video clip actually mentions the airport in his video clip.
For the city and country you can use Google or similar search engine.
2017-7-15
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

CANNOT BELIVE SOMEONE WOULD FLY LIKE THIS MY OPINION
IS HE IS IRRESPONSIBLE AND WILL SPOIL IT FOR OTHER FLYERS
MORE AMMO FOR THE AUTHORITIES TO CRACK DOWN ON US  {:4_177:}
2017-7-15
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

A good analysis. Calculated that it was only about 86 metres away from the planes:
2017-7-15
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

I believe that this "Stupid Pilot" was flying his Mavic precisely outside of the NFZ for that airport.
Look at the map here:
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly

Go to NO FLY ZONES > Asia > Israel then find the Sde Dov Airport Tel Aviv west of Tel Aviv University.
Use the satellite view and you will see that he was outside of the NFZ.
Flying a drone inside of an NFZ is illegal, outside is not.
2017-7-15
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brum Ken Posted at 2017-7-15 09:00
CANNOT BELIVE SOMEONE WOULD FLY LIKE THIS MY OPINION
IS HE IS IRRESPONSIBLE AND WILL SPOIL IT FOR OTHER FLYERS
MORE AMMO FOR THE AUTHORITIES TO CRACK DOWN ON US  {:4_177:}

Ok no need to shout...CAPS LOCK NOT REQUIRED
2017-7-15
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-15 09:29
I believe that this "Stupid Pilot" was flying his Mavic precisely outside of the NFZ for that airport.
Look at the map here:

Thanks for the research - well noted. The only people who were endangered in this video were the ones on this forum and on youtube - they could have suffered a heart attack because of no reason ;-) Oh well....
2017-7-15
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-7-15 10:47
Thanks for the research - well noted. The only people who were endangered in this video were the ones on this forum and on youtube - they could have suffered a heart attack because of no reason ;-) Oh well....

The maker of this video clip did mention that he was flying outside of the NFZ, so I simply checked it out.
Judging by the comments on YouTube, some of the guys there are having heart attacks and similar seizures without any reason.
2017-7-15
Use props
Skynet 1886
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79918 ft
United Kingdom

Jail the fool.
2017-7-15
Use props
DroneyMcDronefa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11283 ft
United States

Only thing that scares me is people (the OP) calling for DJI to help.
The community (us) as a whole has condemned his actions (his flying, his videos etc).
We don't need the manufacturer stepping in here.
Although I do not condone flying anywhere near that close to aircraft.....if he is not in a NFZ (than what laws are being broke and why does DJI need involvement here)?
The rash comments are AS big of a problem as the guys flying.

Go ahead and flame away......(but that's my opinion).
2017-7-15
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Very dangerous. I will fly to Sweden next month....
2017-7-15
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

What an idiot NFZ or not it is still a fly path.
2017-7-15
Use props
fans41779ada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-15 09:29
Look at the map here:

Will anyone read this GREAT observation?  Forums are like most "conversations".  Most people just want to talk, wait their opportunity, and hear NOTHING before.

BTW as a pilot, if DJI weren't acting as police, I wouldn't be very worried.  These are BIG airliners.  Yeah, worst case would probably be an engine loss if a Phantom got sucked through.  When I fly commercial, "drones" are not on my "worry radar".  Canadian Geese don't have No Fly Zones, and the barbaric critters fly in flocks!  And they're BIG and at over 200mph HARD.

They took the plane down that landed in the Hudson.  The location was the miracle there.  The flight crew just acted with admirable competency.  The river was the only place to put it.  Gliding into smooth water is not super human.  BUT, where in the world is there a waterway used to commute to a major city, and the plane went down right when many ferries were close by the plane in the COLD water. THIS WAS THE MIRICLE: The accident happened in a perfect spot, at a perfect time.  Amazing.   If the ferries hadn't been there, there would have been deaths.  Water that cold kills FAST.  Most passengers barely got their feet wet.

What a digression.  NO DRONE WAS INVOLVED!  It was big birds, and there are lots of them, and not very many drones.  I believe the first major drone fatality headlines -- and I hope far in the future -- will be from terrorism.
2017-7-15
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Honestly, the "scariest" thing about this video is that the smoke stack is so close to the runway.  As far as the drone goes, it appears to be more or less in line with that stack, compared to the flight path and flying at an altitude below the top of the exhaust.  I dunno, I wouldn't fly there but it doesn't really look like the drone is actually much of a threat to the plane.  He's not in the flight path anymore than the giant concrete tower 3 seconds down the flight.
2017-7-15
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

Israel laws not above 50m full stop or within 2km of an airport.  The video is well outside the law (and utterly irresponsible).

2017-7-15
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-15 11:05
The maker of this video clip did mention that he was flying outside of the NFZ, so I simply checked it out.
Judging by the comments on YouTube, some of the guys there are having heart attacks and similar seizures without any reason.

Check the NFZ maps for Israel. If you look at this airport he is well within the NFZ for this airport, regardless of what DJI says.
2017-7-15
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

I guess this is exactly the point why China made 40×60 km octagones as NFZs around their airports.
Cheers. W.
2017-7-15
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

fans41779ada Posted at 2017-7-15 17:39
Will anyone read this GREAT observation?  Forums are like most "conversations".  Most people just want to talk, wait their opportunity, and hear NOTHING before.

BTW as a pilot, if DJI weren't acting as police, I wouldn't be very worried.  These are BIG airliners.  Yeah, worst case would probably be an engine loss if a Phantom got sucked through.  When I fly commercial, "drones" are not on my "worry radar".  Canadian Geese don't have No Fly Zones, and the barbaric critters fly in flocks!  And they're BIG and at over 200mph HARD.

Exactly, people are more worried about drones (excluding military drones) crashing into an airplane, but forget that birds are a far greater danger to any airplane.
Some people also seem to forget that this serial killer, this mass murderer called car kills millions of people each year on earth.
2017-7-16
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-15 20:19
Check the NFZ maps for Israel. If you look at this airport he is well within the NFZ for this airport, regardless of what DJI says.

Do you have a link to the NFZ for Sde Dov Airport Tel Aviv?
If what you write is correct, then DJI will have to adjust their NFZ maps, at least for Israel.
2017-7-16
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

gnirtS Posted at 2017-7-15 19:41
Israel laws not above 50m full stop or within 2km of an airport.  The video is well outside the law (and utterly irresponsible).

Where did you find this information?
Care to share your sources?
2017-7-16
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-16 00:52
Where did you find this information?
Care to share your sources?

I posted a video back in post #9 where he shows you it is in a NFZ.

Here is the Google map link also: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/ ... .33360425389935&z=7

Just zoom into Tel Aviv to see the NFZ where he was.
2017-7-16
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-16 01:27
I posted a video back in post #9 where he shows you it is in a NFZ.

Here is the Google map link also: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/ ... .33360425389935&z=7

Then it's Google maps against DJI maps with regard to NFZ.
Who is correct?
I would give DJI the edge as they are the ones who are in fact concerned, since their NFZ maps are used in the DJI drones.
2017-7-16
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-16 01:48
Then it's Google maps against DJI maps with regard to NFZ.
Who is correct?
I would give DJI the edge as they are the ones who are in fact concerned, since their NFZ maps are used in the DJI drones.

The map was created by the CAA in Israel.
2017-7-16
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

as in France,
Dji NFZ are not the same as official and legal NFZ ...

Dji NFZ is a tool, not the national law...
2017-7-16
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-16 02:22
The map was created by the CAA in Israel.

I'm not a lawyer, therefore I wonder what a judge would decide in a court of law?
Must a civilian NFZ map be inch-perfect or is there some slack?
2017-7-16
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are there any proof that he hacked his mavic to remove the NFZ?
If he didn't, and the mavic is not giving him any warning, because the map is not right, why is he to blame if DJI provides incorrect information?
2017-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

chalde Posted at 2017-7-16 10:09
If he didn't, and the mavic is not giving him any warning, because the map is not right, why is he to blame if DJI provides incorrect information?

If we have no common sense, we should all blame dji, that makes sense.

Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.”
2017-7-16
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

He's 100 meters away from planes. Until proven otherwise, its mavic is telling him that he is not in a NFZ.

They set those rules, as you love to point out in every posts, for people like you who needs to be told what to do and can't act with their own free will.
2017-7-16
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

chalde Posted at 2017-7-16 10:09

wtf. wtf man.
2017-7-16
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-16 07:08
I'm not a lawyer, therefore I wonder what a judge would decide in a court of law?
Must a civilian NFZ map be inch-perfect or is there some slack?

dude, are you somehow slow? the law defines, where you are allowed to fly. not dji. not dji's NFZ.
you as a drone pilot have to know the law and where you are allowed to fly.
2017-7-16
Use props
Iskareot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 961198 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has stupid written all over it... Now, of course this is obvious and really pretty much shows what giving one to an idiot can do.   Seriously could be bad...
2017-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

chalde Posted at 2017-7-16 10:39
He's 100 meters away from planes. Until proven otherwise, its mavic is telling him that he is not in a NFZ.

They set those rules, as you love to point out in every posts, for people like you who needs to be told what to do and can't act with their own free will.

NFZ around airports are set by aviation authorities, not Mavic not by dji not by you or not by me, 100 meters many airports have been closed down for a lot less. I'm sensing a lot of ignorance here.
2017-7-16
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
lvl.4
United States

Legal or not it's still stupid. No one should be flying drones that close to manned aircraft. Doesn't matter either whether you're a skilled drone pilot -- we all know that these things sometimes don't do what they're supposed to do. A software glitch or something could send that drone right into the path of the plane. Last but not least, there is the whole issue of public perception. Anyone with at least half a brain, who pays any attention to the news, should know that drones suffer from a serious PR problem and are widely considered to be dangerous/nuisance, both by the public and by authorities. Even IF you could somehow guarantee 100% safety of the flight, the fact is that flying so close to manned aircraft is going to look bad in the public eye.
2017-7-16
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734882 ft
Israel

The guy (21 years old)  was arrested by the police,
Is in House custody under restrictive conditions
They took him to the MAVIC, and the PC & Smartphone,
As legal evidence against him.
2017-7-16
Use props