Remote upgrade
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansba298c65
New
United States

I have updated the firmware on my remote today. After it updated it now shows a red light and will not connect to my RC, P3A
2017-7-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

The firmware for both the RC and aircraft have to match. You can't just update one or the other. You hadn't said if the aircraft was updated , but if you did both, try to re-link them.
2017-7-15
Use props
fans29aad653
New
Slovakia

I have the same problem. I have made a mistake in updating the RC. I did not take off the aircraft.
2017-7-15
Use props
fans29aad653
New
Slovakia

fans29aad653 Posted at 2017-7-15 12:58
I have the same problem. I have made a mistake in updating the RC. I did not take off the aircraft.

I dit not shut down the aircraft guring the update RC.
2017-7-15
Use props
fansba298c65
New
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-7-15 12:55
The firmware for both the RC and aircraft have to match. You can't just update one or the other. You hadn't said if the aircraft was updated , but if you did both, try to re-link them.

Yes , I have upgraded both at the same time. After I updated the remote  the light was green and it said it needed to reboot. After the reboot the remote is a solid red and will not connect to RC
2017-7-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansba298c65 Posted at 2017-7-15 13:07
Yes , I have upgraded both at the same time. After I updated the remote  the light was green and it said it needed to reboot. After the reboot the remote is a solid red and will not connect to RC

Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed. This can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel)  and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-7-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

fansba298c65 Posted at 2017-7-15 13:07

Red means there is no connection being made between the RC and the aircraft. Have you tried to  re-link?
2017-7-15
Use props
Kripdish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120922 ft
United States

Just went through this my self. You will need to "re-link" the remote and drone. Power up the remote controller, drone and DJI Go app as you would for normal use. open the RC menu, scroll down and tap Linking RC, tap OK when questioned if you are sure this is what you want to do, and you will be back up and flying. There is a tutorial video for this at the DJI website.
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules