Corrupted files
4263 6 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 442011 ft
United States

I am VERY often getting corrupted files from the spark. Any clue as to whats going on? When I try to copy the file from the sd card to the mac, I get this error.

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “DJI_0045.MP4” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

2017-7-15
Use props
Aerial Ant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1249715 ft
United States

Hi, I've had similar messages many times before I retraced my steps. I realized that I immediately turned off the spark after palm landing without stopping the recording, therfore corrupting that individual video file. I have windows btw. Hope this resolves your problem.
2017-7-15
Use props
Drone Man Bob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74488 ft
United States

Aerial Ant Posted at 2017-7-15 17:57
Hi, I've had similar messages many times before I retraced my steps. I realized that I immediately turned off the spark after palm landing without stopping the recording, therfore corrupting that individual video file. I have windows btw. Hope this resolves your problem.

Yup same happened to me when shutting Spark down w/o ending the recording.
2017-7-15
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Aerial Ant Posted at 2017-7-15 17:57

I just had a corrupted file again. It's last file of the session. I'm not sure if I switch off recording before turning Spark Off or not.
For sure I was not using any gesture mode.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please make sure you stop recording firstly then turn off the drone, or the files may be corrupted.
Could you please upload one file directly from SD card to Dropbox?
2017-7-17
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-17 02:30
Please make sure you stop recording firstly then turn off the drone, or the files may be corrupted.

is it possible to address a safer corrupt-proof operation sequence (e.g. independant of stopping the drone first) throught firmware updates ?
Another way may be to send the order to stop recording  (option) from DJI GO4 app when it detects landing and motor stop...
Regards
2017-7-17
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 442011 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-17 02:30

Yes, I learned early that I needed to remember to stop the recording before power off. But the ones I am fighting with at the moment are from an event Saturday. I was purposefully starting and stopping the recordings often while in the air to have certain parts of the flights in separate files for editing ease. So the file before the corrupted and the one after may be fine, its just a random file here and there.
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules