1628 5 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

Hi Folks,

I have two tablets here that I intended to use with my Inspire 2. A samsung Galaxy s2 8" which works perfectly, and a Sony Xperia Z4 10" which I cannot get to connect to the app at all. The Sony has an LTE connection and a bigger screen so it would be great if I could use it.

Any ideas? Is there some setting I'm missing on the tablet? Or is this a known issue?
2017-7-15
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

Anybody here from DJI got an answer on this?
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We suggest to use the mobile device in our compatible list for better flight performance. There may be compatibility issue with your mobile device, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
compatible list.png
2017-7-19
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-19 23:45
We suggest to use the mobile device in our compatible list for better flight performance. There may be compatibility issue with your mobile device, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

So there are no Sony devices compatible then? This seems strange. It has teh latest version of Android.
2017-7-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fansc776fa97 Posted at 2017-7-24 05:01
So there are no Sony devices compatible then? This seems strange. It has teh latest version of Android.

It's not so much Android as to what other things they do to the OS with their hardware and apps.  Some (Samsung) as well as the carriers (T-mobile) add a lot of their own stuff that messes up the basic Android OS to suit them while taking up resources GO 4 may need.  Many Android apps auto-start themselves in the background which they shouldn't, and even GO 4 auto-starts up on mine and I don't use it anymore on the Samsung.  Very bad and unsecure OS design, imho, and maybe why Apple is locked down a bit better although it annoys many for being unfriendly.

Fwiw, a lot of what is on the current approved list is now having issues too as GO 4 evolves.  My only sure bet would be the Apple iPad Pro A10X model, but it is tight for the clamp as it is a bit wider by 5mm than the older models.  DJI needs a taller clamp for it, imho, before I go there.
2017-7-24
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-24 06:33
It's not so much Android as to what other things they do to the OS with their hardware and apps.  Some (Samsung) as well as the carriers (T-mobile) add a lot of their own stuff that messes up the basic Android OS to suit them while taking up resources GO 4 may need.  Many Android apps auto-start themselves in the background which they shouldn't, and even GO 4 auto-starts up on mine and I don't use it anymore on the Samsung.  Very bad and unsecure OS design, imho, and maybe why Apple is locked down a bit better although it annoys many for being unfriendly.

Fwiw, a lot of what is on the current approved list is now having issues too as GO 4 evolves.  My only sure bet would be the Apple iPad Pro A10X model, but it is tight for the clamp as it is a bit wider by 5mm than the older models.  DJI needs a taller clamp for it, imho, before I go there.

Yeah I get what you are saying but considering DJI's own CrystalSky monitors are based on the android platform it seems a little crazy.

I'm a software guy myself so appreciate the bloatware that interferes with the app but I think DJI needs to take note here and stop rushing updates. I can live with my sony not working but I have no issues on my galaxy S2. I could never be convinced to go for an apple
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules